Do you enjoy playing against Pig?

Options
RoboMojo
RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
edited December 2021 in Polls

TLDR: I don't like facing Pig because I think her gameplay is dull and uninteresting.

In my experience, Pig is typically just anti-fun. Not because she's unfair or broken, but because the reverse bear traps (RBT) basically just force you to sit through more progress bars (which I'm not a huge fan of). If you're unlucky, you may have to search through several boxes to get the RBT off. To add insult to injury, the Pig can totally just place another RBT on your head if she downs you again. So you could be forced to go through the whole process all over again. Plus, the rest of her kit is just super basic and uninteresting. She's not unfair or OP, just boring. Oh whatever, enough of me complaining. What about you?

Do you enjoy playing against Pig? 63 votes

Yeah, facing Pig is great!
46%
TapeKnotanarchy753Micheal_Myerspizzaduffyhp90Chordycepsmusstang62ObscurityDragonAvilgusGeneralVKeiraaValikElcopolloChurchofPigTeabaggingGhostfaceFobboKill_Yr_Idol83Hex_LlamaBoobaGannTMDoritoHead 29 votes
Pig's gameplay is meh but booping the snoot is great!
19%
DimekAhoyWolfIcewhisperAdjathaselflessneaGuiltiiPSPgilgamerGarlicRiceBothSidesEnjoyerzeestealthyfoxRekLaw 12 votes
Not sure.
11%
Slaughterhouse3brokedownpalaceSebaOutbreakTatariuglitchboihilapastaBasementDweller 7 votes
No, facing Pig is boring.
17%
Seiko300Cornpopers_EvanHippieGhouled_MojoReverseVelocityWishIcouldmainHerachi_SakuraAnnieherekekprodCowabungaDudeTArkhamKnight 11 votes
Other
6%
EnderloganYTIsJustMeNoOneKnowsNovasenicro 4 votes

Comments

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

I like vsing Amanda I think she brings out a lot of excitement to the game. She can sometimes jumpscare you if you're not paying attention and the reverse beartraps (if you have bad RNG) can get your adrenaline going and make you worried cause you don't know if you're gonna die or survive.

I don't boop the snoot though very rarely I'll boop just for the lols but, other than that I stay away from her as much as possible.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options
    Other

I don't mind the killer itself too much, but rather those that play her. They're probably the second most toxic killers I face in my experience.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

The gameplay isn't too thrilling, for sure... none of the Pigs that I face actually use her Ambush, so it's just another M1 Killer snorefest. The traps are too RNG to actually enjoy either... not to mention that I usually face Pigs on the biggest maps, so I end up barely getting the trap off my head before it pops. And don't get me started on the Pigs who make sure to "secure" that trap kill... 🥱

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Not sure.

I don't mind doing a bit of treasure hunt with the Jigsaw Boxes, as long as the damn Pig player doesn't camp the last box I need to search.

It is also pretty annoying when they tunnel someone with a helmet, however that also means that they're not playing her well, she'll have no pressure on the others, and the gens will probably fly.

Unfortunately, it's quite common to see weak Killers being played in a really toxic manner, or using really scummy strategies (I see this in Clown players, a lot) because they know they can't do much if they play fair.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I don't mind going against her because my biggest issue is my teammates. If you have a trap on your head, your teammates will complete the gens anyway and start your timer. Very irritating.

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436
    Options
    Other

I can't say it, the last pig i saw 5/6 months ago

but i like to play her from time to time^^

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited December 2021
    Options

She needs some fundamental changes to be brought to her kit to liven her up.

One of the central truths of Dead By Daylight alongside "passive is not fun" is that "fun comes from survivor - killer engagement" the more killers and survivors interact with each other throughout a trial, the more tense, and engaging it will be. Pig's power operates in the exact opposite direction, it completely discourages player interaction, you get the most out of your RBTs when you put them on a survivors head and then leave that survivor alone to their own devices for the rest of the trial to get it off their head. Rinse and repeat if you've got a spare RBT on you, and because this is one of if not her best strategy there's no reason not to do this.

(And on a side note it's for some similar reasons why I also hate the Plague, playing as or against her, but that's a separate conversation.)

• Herachi_Sakura
    Herachi_Sakura Member Posts: 22
    Options

My least liked killer to go against. Beartraps are just pure rng and I tend to go against pigs that just follow you with active trap the entire time.

• TheHunter2529
    TheHunter2529 Member Posts: 42
    Options

I enjoy the uncertainly of her traps and having to do something other than gens, she's quite fun. Wish she got to use her stealth more often though as her crouched movement speed is very slow.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options
    Other

only if they use ambush during chase for mix ups. Traps just don't do it for me

• senicro
    senicro Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Other

She’s fine when she’s not chasing people who have traps on their heads. I hate that as a survivor so when I play her I leave trapped ones at peace. Traps give you more time, take perks like Ruin + Undying or Pop with you and if you still have to bother those busy looking for boxes means that you have no basic Killer skills. I would like people to learn while losing fairly and proudly because when we face, for example Bubba camping with a chainsaw, it says that the person holding it is the opposite of this or just enjoys being mean while wasting time of those who are there for fun that's healthy, while with camping Bubba or tunneling Pig no one wants to play with because it's boring and depressing.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710
    Options

Youre just like, talking about the best killer in the game there my dude

If obly she received the fiew QoL updates she deserves...

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

I don't know what it is about Pig but, I just don't have really any kind of fun going against her. I think it comes form a lot of bad blood I've had with Pig's just hat tunneling me at 5 or 4 gens for, I don't know what reason. :/ The main reason though is, I just don't find RNG very fun to engage with when it comes to the actual power itself.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Not only can you boop the snoot - but her mechanics are interesting.

She isn't oppressive in chase, nor does she have some annoying map pressure ability. She has a subtle dash that can be countered, but keeps players on their toes and careful of their surroundings.

Searching the boxes adds another layer to the match, which at least breaks up the monotony of holding M1 on a gen.

Pig players are usually wholesome enough to enjoy getting the snoot booped, but I never once felt like playing against a pig was 'cheap' or 'broken'. I believe she is generally well balanced. She might be able to utilize another level of complexity if Behavior ever wants to take another look at her kit, but she's pretty good the way she is.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Can't this be said for the plague as well?

Does infection make the Plague a bad killer that 'disengages from survivors' to infect others? Does having to drink from fountains make the game boring and less dynamic? I don't understand.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options

To be completely honest, most of the time there's literally no point in using Ambush. People just gtfo as soon as they see you crouching, which makes this part of power completely useless and kills any interest of Pig players in using it (even if, like me, they find this aspect of her power to be the most interesting one). So I'd say her being "M1 snorefest" is simply the result of vast majority of people not even wanting to play around her Ambush and rather just avoid it altogether as soon as possible every single time.

• TArkhamKnight
    TArkhamKnight Member Posts: 7
    Options

Facing the pig isnt great because when trying to undo the trap I spend so much time running that the Rocky theme song starts playing