How Far Do You Go To Complete A Challenge?

Options

I want to preface this by saying I was probably in the wrong here, but I *really* wanted to complete the escape through a hatch with a map challenge. I had been working on it for two days, and had cycled through most of my characters as I was running out of maps. So what did I do? I hid. Yes, I was completely useless. I mean, I did bring COH but besides that and barely completing a gen I hid my ass until the exit gates were either opened and everybody left, or everybody was dead. What a coward, right? Well I got called out, hard.

On my second to last attempt, it was down to me and Leon. Well, Leon found me and decided he was going to follow me the rest of the game. Not only that, but he was going to rush jump multiple times through every window and throw down every pallet. Basically, anything he could do to get the killers attention. Well here comes Trickster so we both hide but Trickster finds Leon first. So I'm safe, right? No! Leon clicks his flashlight at my hiding spot and leads Trickster over there so that I end up getting hooked and la-di-da Leon gets the hatch. We exchanged words after.

So my question to you is, how far have you gone to complete a challenge?

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,687
    Options

I won't deliberately kill my teammates or let them die to get a challenge, and I won't be a potato all match either. However, I will do actions that put the team at risk if a challenge hinges on them - opening the gates early, going down at the start, fighting for an unhook (only for Blood Debt or unhook 4x in one match, I'm chill about progress-over-several-matches challenges), saboing random hooks, or being a useless butterball and hiding in the killer's TR for 30 seconds. Once I got fed up and sandbagged teammates on a gen to take protection hits because all the legitimate protection hits weren't counting, but I think that's the worst I've done.

As killer, I'll ######### myself however I have to - begging to farm, spending games doing nothing but kicking generators, refusing to M1 and only M2ing, refusing to attack until Beast of Prey kicks in... It's only my dignity on the line and I can blow it however I want to.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    edited December 2021
    Options

If I can't complete the challenge passively through natural gameplay, it's not getting done. I'm not doing anything suboptimal for the sake of a challenge or running bad perks. Honestly, I get pretty annoyed when I'm playing to win and teammates are playing to complete challenges

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited December 2021
    Options

I do what I need to do, because a 4 K/4 man escape is not important to me lol. I play as normal as I can, but my goal is my goal and I stick to it if I can.

It's actually fun to try to pull challenges off and not just sweat nonstop.

• Pizzasauce
    Pizzasauce Member Posts: 940
    Options

The only time it really bothers me is if they're doing the sabo hooks and immediately start sabotaging right beside you. Like, they're sabotaging the hook AND you.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    edited December 2021
    Options

Oh I will absolutely throw a game survivor or killer for a challenge. Only as survivor of my mates know what I'm doing though

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2021
    Options

I'm not sure why your go-to method to get it was to let everyone die? I did this challenge the first time I tried it.

I just brought an offering to spawn the hatch by the shack and then played normally. When gens were done, I 99'd one gate, made sure the other was also 99'd, and then I hid near shack. Everyone ended up escaping and I got the hatch. It actually sounds way harder to hide and wait until everyone dies.

I've done all of the survivor challenges and most of the killer challenges, and none of them required me to throw the game. Need to sabo hooks? Bring the add-on that doesn't alert the killer. Need to get unhooks? Bring Kindred + Borrowed Time.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,687
    Options

Yeah, that's dumb. I always bring protective gloves when I'm doing that challenge just to minimize team-bothering. And even then, I walk away from the hooks everyone spawns at because it's a recipe for survivors to start pointing at me.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Put my focus on doing the challenge first if it can be completed during the match, then engage in normal play if there is time left.

• Pizzasauce
    Options

Congratulations.

Everytime my team ended up escaping, there was always that one person who waited til the last second to escape, even when I brought the offering for it to spawn in the shack.

After the calling out, I did learn my lesson and played better. I'm not really sure it made a difference as far as the challenge went though.

• conqueror_worm__
    conqueror_worm__ Member Posts: 96
    Options

As a killer, I'll do what needs to be done to complete the challenge, no matter what I do as a killer survivors can always counter it to get themselves the win.

As a survivor I tend to just play my natural game and it'll get done eventually, the only time that I'll go all out for a challenge is when I have just levelled up (is that the right word? I've had a drink) and I can't de-pip, then I might be a wee bit more selfish, I still won't go out to the point where I kill the rest of my team to complete it though, I play solo Q as survivor most of the time and I feel bad if I don't at least contribute in some way but I'll definitely have the challenge in mind....strange thing is that these are the games where I usually pip up first try.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

######### everyone, I'm getting my challenge done. That's all that matters to me at that point.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

I had this challenge were I had to kick 5 different, distinct gens in one trials and was rather luke warm enthusiastic about it. The map I got was RPD, wonderful!

And my survivors were all clustering in one corner of the map, trying to get one gen there done. So rather quickly I had everyone hooked and two players sacrificed, when the two remaining survivors gave up and gave me the surrender dance.

I nodded and took my chance and lead then to a gen. They worked on it, I grabbed one of them off of it and hauled him over to another gen, were he wriggled off. Then I went to the other surv and did the same :D I relocated one survivor one more time and got the challenge done. The survivors were both puzzled but played along and we waved each other good bye at the gates.

I think this would be a viable strategy to do the other "ugh" Legion tome challenge, ie "grab two survivors while they are repairing gens, while having Discordance equipped. To this in a single challenge."

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

I try to perform the match as normally as possible from my own gameplay standards.

I can attempt a little bit to stray from the path but I in no way am wanting to sacrifice the potential outcome of the match for some petty bloodpoints and a few rift fragments.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

Depends on how many times I've been doing the challenge. At first 2 games or so It's on my mind but I'm not going out of the way. Around game 4 I'm focusing hard on doing it. Game 6 I'm actively putting the team in danger. Game 10 I'm getting a SWF and immediately go to the killer so that my team mate who saved me throws so I can get FLIPPING Blood Debt over with! Why did this challenge ever exist, sure throwing the game and hoping the rescuer sucks enough to get hooked is an absolutely brilliant idea! Can't wait for Blood Dead to exist, "get downed 5 times while the killer is carrying a survivor," sure players will absolutely LOVE that!

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467
    Options

I'll admit I do that, but I always bring gloves with me.

I remember I once spawned right next to a Feng and sabotaged one hook right next to her. She started following me around teabagging.

Not sure if she realised when the killer didn't come for us or after end game that I had gloves on lol

• Pizzasauce
    Options

I dont understand those of you that don't do the challenges. You just...play? For no in-game rewards? What, you get like, some sort of personal satisfaction? (lol)

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    edited January 2022
    Options

I try to get challenges done as quickly as possible, I don't care if i have to throw the game as a Killer or Survivor. I want the BP/Rift fragments.

But I don't like challenges in the first place, I'd prefer if they weren't in the game.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I'll straight out throw matches, especially if I'm playing killer. There's not a lot of challenges where I have to do it, but I do it.

For survivor I'll just equip perks that'll make it easy. (Stake out for great skill checks, left behind for hatch challenges, etc) I won't actively sabotage teammates but I'll play a lot more selfish where as I'll regularly be turbo bold and not care if I survive or not.

I got things to do.

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467
    Options

I'm a main survivor and loved the yellow glyphs so, when I learned of the purple glyphs I couldn't wait.

Did two matches and didn't find it, until I found in this forum that it was only for killers.

I went in with no perks just to look for the bloody glyphs.

I remember a match where 3 where following me around and eventually body-block because I didn't hit them.

I was just looking for my glyph haha

• Marihel
    Marihel Member Posts: 53
    Options

Some of the challenges are boring and stupid. I don't blame the players trying to complete them though.

I need the bp, I wanna complete the challenges, so I will equip whatever I need to get them out of the way. I don't throw matches, but if I have an easy way of completing one, I will go for it.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Well I won't deliberately kill my teammates and won't hide the whole game either but I'll probably not be as risky on certain things.

I.e If I have an escape challenge and the killer is camping when the exit gates are powered, I'm not risking my life for them.

I'm basically of the mindset "If I can get it done in 1 game, I will".

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

Some challenges do illicit bad game play if your sole focus is doing the challenge ideally you want to do them fluidly so as to not hamper your other team members. Honestly your better off doing them with a few friends so they know whats going on that way they can help you and you can help them and nobody is pissed at you when the match is over.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,101
    Options

It depends on whether or not the rift has a cosmetic for Claudette. Does it have a cosmetic for her? Yes? Everyone can die. No? I'll play normally.