Hex: Trump Card.

ZFennecFox
ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510
edited January 2022 in Creations

Hex Trump Card activates when all five generators are finished any totems remaining on the map become lit totems blocking the exit doors until all remaining totem's are cleansed. This hex over rides all totem perks present in game at the time the last generator is activated.

I came up with this idea mainly because I feel Survivors need a secondary objective other than just generators and to otherwise lengthen the game as I feel match times are shrinking. I feel like this perk will punish teams that just baseline rush generators and not even be a determent to a few teams.

Adding a couple of stipulations such as overriding all pre-existing totem's means perks like NOED and Devour Hope mean that any Survivors still have wiggle room to complete said secondary objective. I also want to point out that I said "WHEN THE LAST GENERATOR IS COMPLETED" that mean's that the End Game Collapse started by the killer closing the hatch will not activate this perk.

TL:DR Making Survivors cleanse totems seems like a good secondary objective and this kind of fits without forcing it down players throats. It lengthens the game but at the sacrifice of the Killer's own Hex Totem's.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• RYANGUNSLINGER
    RYANGUNSLINGER Member Posts: 53

Okay one maybe two problems first rpd is a map and even with small game good luck finding a totem and second with how often totems can bug out and be uncleanseable this would be a little too op. Otherwise it's a good perk

• ZFennecFox

I'm not saying it's perfect but at the same time it will make BHVR actually address those same issues. Besides totem's do make more noise when they are lit so I don't think finding them will be too much of an issue as long as your playing with headphones.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Sounds like a good counter for booners. My issue is how do you repair 6 gens? On a serious note (good luck finding all totem people) hexes are easier to find than dulls....so i think it would be fine.

• Deferlo
    Deferlo Member Posts: 131

Damn, gen speed is so fast these day that survivor are able to do 6 generator before escaping.

Jokes aside, the concept is good but should be tweaked a bit.

1: If paired with end game perk such as remember me, no way out or blood warden, such a perk could make the endgame a bit too overpowered in some case: 70s totem cleanse time+ potential 60s with no way out+ potential 36s gate time with remember me+60s if BW= so if we add some travel time to find totem, it could mean at least a 3 min or 4 min with BW without being able to exit after the survivor gain the knowledge that this perk is in play, this build on a infinite tier 3 myer or other one shot killer could destroy the balance of the game (even more that it already is.

2: Being forced to cleanse totem to deactivate it mean that totem would become a primary objective which, in my opinion, shouldn't happen. I would prefer a base time that is reduced with each totem being broken that way survivor still have a chance even if they get one of the hidden totem spawn that are still present on some map.

• ZFennecFox

#1: All good points. A few good players will already have broken a majority of the totem's if not all by the time the perk is put in play and at that point the Hex becomes useless. As for the other end game collapse perks mentioned. Remember Me assuming its tier 3 that is 16 seconds and at that point if its still blocked the perk becomes apparent. No Way Out I can only assume because I haven't run into it allows the Survivor to interact with the door before it becomes blocked Trump Card will already have the exit gates blocked. Blood Warden can only activate if the door is open and a survivor is hooked at that point its pretty much the Survivors fault for not exiting the match.

#2 Its all subjective really If you don't like the perk don't have to use it.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Sounds interesting, whether it’s overpowered or not or too swingy depends largely on the median time it would take survivors to cleanse all the remaining totems after the match. If that time is upwards of 60 seconds or more than it’s probably too powerful.

Hypothetically though if it is too powerful you could weaken it by saying it blocks the exits until no more than 1 totem remains on the map. That would reduce the amount of work required plus reduce the swinginess when you have one totem on a given map that just happens to be really, really hard to find.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Sounds like the perfect camping perk, 3 survivors now have to complete all gens AND all totems before the first person dies on hook, swell, lets do it.

• ZFennecFox

That is an excellent Idea make it a tier bases system.

Tier 1: No more than three / Tier 2: No more than Two / Tier 3: No more than one.

Your first point I offer a rebuttal most survivors now a game run Boon totems so they actively seek out totem's there for giving the survivor knowledge of the location and it brings up an even better alternative "Should I bless this totem/ Cleanse this totem? He might have NOED/Trump Card." It makes the survivor choose in that moment wither they want to have the peace of mind to bag the killer at the end or risk it.

I.E Its all a gamble.

• ZFennecFox
    edited January 2022

Why not? It shouldn't be too much trouble if you took the time to break any of the totems you run by while on your way to the next generator. After all the Killer could have NOED but I bet that's no problem for you.

• Deferlo
    Deferlo Member Posts: 131

1: You are right, i was only speculating a specific scenario that will probably not even happen in most case, it was only to simulate a potential combo that could cause problem.

2: it's not a case of liking that perk ot not. you said that this perk would be great since it add a secondary objective and rightfully so since i agree that this game is in need of some change objective-wise. But if survivor NEED to cleanse them before escaping then totems become a primary objective, not secondary, which is supposed to be additionnal, not compulsory, or maybe i misunderstood and you meant a second primary obective, in that case, my bad.

• dugman

Right, I get the idea of it being a choice between cleansing and blessing. I’m just saying that for balance purposes you’d have to make sure the median time spent cleansing the totems to be able to open the doors doesn’t go beyond about 60 seconds probably.

• ZFennecFox

#1: Combo's seem to be a very big thing for Perk's in this game so I say if someone want's to weaken themselves Mid-Game by building for an End-Game build than I don't see too much of an issue.

#2: It's only an objective if the perk is brought at all. Half of the totem's are placed very irresponsible close to generators anyway so finding them isn't an issue and I foresee Boon Totems being a staple a very ruff staple of future perks so people will be after them even more in the coming days. Give it one maybe two weeks of play and the perk won't be an issue for barely anybody.

• Seanzu

Really don't care about noed so not really sure why you brought it up, and i too would think this perk if fine if i also (like you) pretended that totems are just going to be there between every gen and not in some increasingly more obnoxious places.

Corrupt, No Way Out, BW, This Hex + Swamp

GG EZ.

Alternatively because i have a massive brain and have played this game for more than 2 hours, the killer could just stand in front of any totem and take the game hostage indefinitely.

• ZFennecFox

Why not longer than 60 seconds? If I am right and it extends game play then its a blessing for Killers and if Survivors take just a wee bit more time in match cleansing the totem they ran by to get to the generator than late game shouldn't be an issue.

• ZFennecFox

That would then be a bannable offense so risking your entire game just because your a little salty doesn't sound like something a thinking person would do. All the perks you mentioned have already been brought up and I created a post a little higher up explaining why I don't think that would be an issue.

• Seanzu
    edited January 2022

"But I was protecting my hex totem BHVR, I was just camping my hex totem sir" - every killer ever.

They literally had to alter physics on basement stairs because killers used to stand in front of survivors and go AFK (Before EGC)

People risk their accounts for a lot less, and also basing a perk on the charity of others to not do something is... laughable.

• ZFennecFox

"People risk their accounts for a lot less" That is very true. Once again I'll offer you the same point I made above. Make It a tier based system Tier 1: Any less than 4 lit totems then this perk is deactivated / Tier 2: Any less than 3 lit totems then this perk deactivates / Tier 3: Any less than 2 totems and this perk is deactivated.

That way it can keep the Killer from boxing in one totem and holding the game hostage.

• dugman

I'm just going by other slow down perks, they typically gain you about 60 or so extra seconds. For instance, No Way Out blocks the doors for 60 seconds when it triggers and is a fairly popular perk at that amount. Pop Goes the Weasel is up to 20 seconds per pop and you don't get to use it after every hook, so it works out to about 60 seconds or maybe a bit more on average per game I think. Ruin can give you more or less than 60 seconds of slow down depending on how long the Ruin totem stays up. Also 20-30 seconds is about how long it takes on average I think to do one damage level to one survivor in a typical chase, so when you look at something like Haunted Grounds which gives you about 2 free downs on healthy survivors that's sort of on par with getting 45-60 seconds worth of benefit from the perk.