The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should Pyramid Head get a buff?

Gyro
Gyro Member Posts: 11

When I say buff, I dont mean giving him some new op ability that will ######### over every single survivor, but rather give him some similar treatment that plague got for the new update. His playstyle feels really clunky and his movements feel sluggish, he just needs a bit of polishing around the edges to tighten him up a little bit.

And if your a bit ambitious, maybe even bring back his ability to cancel M2 into M1, but i feel like he could do without that ability if the majority doesn't want it back. I would really appreciate it coming back though, since it was what made him a very scary opponent to go against

Should Pyramid Head get a buff? 92 votes

Yes
51%
Gibberishbleep275SlothGirlyLeonardo1itaFrontdoor6musstang62MrPenguinEtherealElusivePukkaAhoyWolfFixtionuLtenoresaxVicThorlandromatThePoliceCluelessglitchboixtr4meFobboYords 47 votes
No
48%
White_OwlFallenRanger0Seiko300OnryosTapeRentalsbrokedownpalaceInnCognitoCashelP14pizzaduffyhp90Revzi100ChordycepsAvilgusanonymous31337Cornpopers_EvankinRoboMojoEnderloganYTNAERUUUTatariuHannonHippie 45 votes

Comments

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited November 2021
    No

It was also what made him incredibly unbalanced. I feel like you're trying to prepackage here under a different label "scary opponent" is just an insane way of saying he was incredibly unfair.

Go through a pallet and you've got two choices, drop the pallet and he hits you with PoD. Don't drop the pallet and he stops using his power and hits you with an M1. That's not scary, that's ######### dumb as all goddamn ######### hell I hated that #########. And when you're the one playing as Pyramid Head you knew full well what you were doing and understood how dumb it was as well.

In my eyes Pyramid Head was never really fixed in the first place, his chase tool is still incredibly annoying to go against and a softer version of this "Either get hit with M1 or M2" still exists to this day. He doesn't need buffs at all.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    Yes

Maybe a buff to his base-kit as well as an add-on pass. His add-ons suck and only five of them are remotely useful.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801
    Yes

Just his addons and maybe his trails of torment

• elpoh
    elpoh Member Posts: 222
    No

i would buff nemesis first

Pyramid can hit survs without need to Torment them first

Pyramid can hit through walls

Pyramid can hit multiple survivors

Pyramid don't need to increase the Tier level to have a decent range

Pyramid has addons to increase the range

Nemesis can't...

Right now i just want Nemesis to have Tier 3 range at all Tiers

Then Tier 3 instead allow him to hit multiple targets, 2 survs, 1 surv&zombie, pallet&surv, breakablewall&surv, etc.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

In the end it won't matter what buff he would get since he will still be a slow af 115% killer with no map pressure which still makes him useless. There is a reason why Blight, Spirit and Nurse are the best killers in game.

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452
    Yes

At least for add-ons. Most of his add-ons are pointless

• Leon_S_Kennedy
    Leon_S_Kennedy Member Posts: 66
    Yes

I think pyramid head should get a buff for his rotation speed when he uses his power

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796
    Yes

I find it so sad how hard I've abandoned Pyramid Head, he feels so bad to play compared to so many of my frequents it's unbelievable.

All I desperately want is an add-on pass and remove the slowdown when cancelling Rites when outside a chase, any other buff is just a bonus.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    No

I think he's fine as he is.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    No

I say no for general buffing, but I would like to see him turn faster while using his power. Also, he needs an addon pass. And @tenoresax your suggestion is awesome! No cooldown when cancelling Rites outside of a chase would be very nice.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    No

O.K, that I agree with, his addons need some reworking/buffs.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    No

Add ons only

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501
    No

Nope, I think ,,, he is balanced right now … maybe a little strong

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,277
    Yes

You're all missing out the point.

As a Pyramid main, the main problem is that the only thing that keeps him strong is his ability to tunnel someone out of the game tormenting them. Other than that cages are not that strong if used just to hook more quickly or force survivors to go across the map.

He need a rework on this point, he gotta stop being the tunneling master killer have a rework that buffs his cages/torment in some way.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    No

In that, we agree. Much like Bubba is the king of camping, PP head is the king of tunnelling. The only truly viable way to play him currently is to use the fake M2 into M1 strategy where possible, only go for guaranteed shots and of course, mercilessly tunnel someone out early. That obviously isn't great from a fun perspective for either side really. So I'm all for all the cages being reworked.

I'd personally also like to see his POTD addressed too. Going for shots simply isn't worth it against good Survivors because it's too heavily telegraphed and it's also pretty easy to dead hard. Perhaps they could remove the highlight on the ground that shows where the POTD is going? That way it'd give less time for the Survivor to react.

• TheHunter2529
    TheHunter2529 Member Posts: 42
    Yes

His power is completely fine so I only voted yes because his addons need serious reworking.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    No

He himself I think is 100% fine but, his addons? Woof, yeah, they kinda need to take a look at them.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    No

Same category as Demogorgon, quite balanced but only needs minor tweaks.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    No

I think he just need an addon rework.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    No

But he does need an add-on rework

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    No

He's a solid A tier already IMO. He's in the perfect state of balance (aside from his add-ons, which could use some help yeah)