The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When playing as the Clown, do you ever use his antidote?

glitchboi
glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
edited December 2021 in Polls

By antidote, I mean the yellow gas.

I personally use it every game. It almost always has its way of being useful in my games. Closing in distances, catching up in tiles you wouldn't normally be able to with only the tonic, etc. It's a powerful utility in combination with the tonic that people sleep on.

However, the reason why I'm asking this is because I never see Clowns use it when I go against them. Maybe it'll because he's so uncommon to go against, maybe they're doing a daily, I don't know.

When playing as the Clown, do you ever use his antidote? 68 votes

Yes, I use the antidote.
45%
TapeKnotObscurityDragonElusivePukkaDinkle_De_EbjorksnasFilthyLegionMainlandromatIsJustMelkalin91BenOfMilamAwkward_FiendJay_WhyaskdugmanglitchboiGhouled_MojoReverseVelocityWishIcouldmainBoobaFantasyGuiltii 31 votes
I try to use the antidote, but it doesn't usually work out for me.
23%
GibberishAhoyWolfCornpopers_EvanRoboMojoTatariuCluelessCrowmanIlliterateGenocideGannTMBasementDwellerQwQwHerachi_SakuraTempestGirljust_one_playerAurelleGarlicRice 16 votes
No, I never use the antidote.
30%
Seiko300Acromioraptorsfromspaceanarchy753Aven_Fallenmusstang62GeneralVAdvorsusThePoliceChurchofPigCheeseAntonHex_LlamaImBrakingBikeAdjathaEve13TrickstaaaaajesterkindDeadByStreetlightFauldsEddyStylez 21 votes

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Very occasionally I will use it to get across the map or close a loop, but generally I find it a lot of extra work for not all that compelling rewards.

It's useful, no doubt, but... it only really lets Clown do the thing he was already pretty good at slightly better, so I don't really bother.

• DeadByStreetlight
    DeadByStreetlight Member Posts: 150
    edited December 2021

Before the clown challenge I wasn't aware about the antidote. Yes it's true 😌

Still not using it, because potato. Always wondered how fast the other clowns are. I met a lot clowns using this really effective.

So I would choose: I tried to use the antidote, but I'm a potato.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

I guess I always found it situational at best. If you're at a loop with a greedy survivor that hasn't pre-dropped the pallet, you can get some crazy hits using the yellow + purple bottles. Any survivor with half a brain is just going to run away to the next loop once they see you start the setup to that play, though. Using only purple bottles has worked better 90% of the time in my experience

I guess my overall impression is that yellow bottles are good against bad survivors, and borderline useless against good ones. I feel like Clown deserved much more love than he got with his rework

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Yes, I use the antidote.

I don’t play Clown a ton but I do try and use his yellow bottles at appropriate times.

• At a loop you can toss a yellow to the side the survivor is on, run toward them, and drop a pink on your side. They have to leave the cloud before it procs or they get hit, so you get the speed boost and they don’t. Then if they try and stay at the loop you will be sped up and they will hit the pink cloud and slow down, a double whammy. Or if they abandon the loop you still have gotten the speed boost and can pink gas them on their way out.
    • The add on that lets you see auras while under the effects of the yellow gas is pretty handy. Toss a yellow right before you get where you think people are hiding and it helps.

I do think Clown is still a bit weak, I’d love to see his pink gas force slow vaults similar to Pinhead’s chains. Or maybe make Clown the first 120% base speed killer. Either or something similar would go a long way.

• DeadByStreetlight
    DeadByStreetlight Member Posts: 150

My problem already starting with: Ok, I'm throwing the yellow bottle now.. oh damn it is pink. But now I have the right one. I'm coming for you! Survivor? Survivor??

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,196
    Yes, I use the antidote.

Yes, it's a very effective tool to ensure you can catch up to people on stronger loops and if they're camping a dropped pallet. It's also really nice for regaining distance on survivors who have broken line of sight, since you can't land a tonic bottle on them.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903
    edited December 2021

I played clown a lot and could never really choose to use the antidote over the tonic at anytime to be honest.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I very rarely use the Afterpiece Antidote.

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    edited December 2021
    Yes, I use the antidote.

It's very underrated IMO. I like addons for it (longer duration, aura reading) and it can be used as budget Agitation. Also throwing last bottle on your feet then reloading is a good use of those, not to mention getting hits on tiles (Cowshed long 'junk' loops for example) where majority of the killers can't even dream of getting.

He is still very bad, easily defeated in 4/1 or looped for ever if map rng is bad for him (but this goes for half (or more) of the cast), but smart use of orange bottles combined with slowdown of purple ones and one or two creative mindgames often leads to cheeky hits. Imo his buff was one of the better in history (especially lack of slowdown after throw and reload, but orange bottles are quite okay when you have a lil bit of creativity).

Edit: The addons I mentioned work really best with couple of instadown perks. People often try to sneak when they are exposed, so seeing their aura is free hook or two. As long as you don't make too obvious that you do see them it will work for most of the trial.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Yes, I use the antidote.

It's convenient, and it's got its uses. situational uses.

Here are some tips for getting use out of it:

1. Don't use it in chase unless you lose track of the survivor you're chasing.
    2. Throw it way ahead of you (24-ish meters.) to get the proper activation timing.
    3. Don't bother increasing the gas spread, since you want to control who gets those benefits and how.
    4. Throw down a yellow bottle before reloading, if you've got bottles left before reloading. you'll get a nice speed boost coming out of the reload, which'll help with any lost distance from reloading.

in chase, it's usually more efficient to just throw purple bottles.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Yes, I use the antidote.

The increased speed would actually fit his lore pretty well. it'd also make him scarier.

it'd also be nice if the intoxicated effect was a bit like madness, and had ranks that increased based on how long you spent in clouds. (reversed by going into yellow/over time)

also, I'm pretty sure it does force slow vaults.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Yes, I use the antidote.

The gas prevents fast vaults, it doesn't force the slower vaults the chains do though.

• Dinkle_De_E
    Dinkle_De_E Member Posts: 1
    Yes, I use the antidote.

I like using the cigar box

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

I'd use it if it had its own ammo, instead of taking away from the slow down bottle stock.

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375

I always forget because I've been playing Clown for too long and haven't added it to my game yet. 

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Nope. Not enough bottles.

• TheHunter2529
    TheHunter2529 Member Posts: 42
    Yes, I use the antidote.

I use it at loops to reach survivors as they vault, as well as the purple bottles. I also throw a yellow bottle right before breaking pallets and right after hooking. You can then get to where you see survivors hiding faster if you run bbq.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Yes, I use the antidote.

Whenever I hear Clown mains talk about the antidote. They call it the best change that made him S tier. And I hear Non-Clown mains say it was trash

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

I only really use it for getting across the map quicker or throwing it on a downed survivor for a cheeky quick hook.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Yes, I use the antidote.

It's just a traversal method, like Billy's nerfed chainsaw - though a couple addons can change that.

• raptorsfromspace
    raptorsfromspace Member Posts: 21

I used to play Clown quite a bit, but since the changes almost never

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

No, mainly because the difference in using it well and not using it at all isn't that big of a difference in most of my matches. I really wish they would've taken the time they wasted on that, and just worked his regular power imo