The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So 2021 has ended, what was your favorite and least favorite thing of dbd in 2021 ?

OneT
OneT Member Posts: 6
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

Just a topic to know what was your best and worst moment of 2021 on DBD ! You are also free to add what you expect for 2022 !

I wish you all a happy new year !

I will start

Favorite thing : I started dbd in 2021, soo It would be it even if...

Least favorite thing : even if boons & MMR appeared !

What I'm expecting for 2022 : More small balance changing (ex: like they did with plague to make her smoother), and I hope Sadako will be a really spooky killer

Your turn now !

edit : You can also talk about some moves you did in game which marked you positively as negatively as best/worst experiences.

Post edited by OneT on

Comments

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Favorite: Artist, pentimento, DS nerf, OoO rework, key rework (######### finally)

Worst: Slinger nerf, RPD map, Wraith nerf, Trickster.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Favourite thing: Probably the clown tome

Least favourite: Tie between all kill and resident evil

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 767

Fav: the Cenobite entering the fog. I waited so long and he's just so lovingly designed. So well done.

Least: losing his voice. :(

• Maliken
    Maliken Member Posts: 166

Least favorite is definitely the Boon totems, interesting in concept perhaps but they need some serious tweaking.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Favourite: The Resident Evil chapter. Just in general.

My friends would make jokes that my prediction for every single chapter would be RE. I was right eventually :)

Least Favourite: Pinhead.

Just, ugh.

• VanitasRyuzaki
    VanitasRyuzaki Member Posts: 110

Favorite: Meeting my two new friends

Least favorite: Match making system

And lack of boon counterplay. Once a boon is found, the totem should break not just get snuffed out. There's a bit of bug on the boon sound since I can't really hear it active sometimes.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047
    edited January 2022

Favourite things: The RE-Chapter, because I really like to play Nemesis. Also I like Claire and I somewhat like RPD. Also, Boons, I dont run them, but finally Survivors get a Perk which can change the Meta a bit. (Even tho the mechanic needs some finetuning, but I hope the Perks stay useful)

Least Favourite things: MMR - I was positive about it for a long time, but at this point, I have the feeling that no Matchmaking is active. I get Baby Survivors followed by strong Survivors without any pattern, same for Killers. After going against a stretched res-Blight with strong Add Ons and 3 Slowdown-Perks, I go against a Huntress who DCs after two Gens, because she did not hit a single Hatchet...

And, probably even more - the UI and the animations. Still looks worse than before and the atrocity which was the first version really lets me question what someone has to do, to become Lead in the UI-Department, when it can look so bad. And it still does look worse than before IMO. Same goes for some animations, but I have at least some hope that those will be changed and just take some time. (Especially this "I am injured and ######### in my pants"-running animation...)

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Favorite: Artist

Least: NFTs

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

In a way, I might say Boons (well, Boons and a specific Boon) for both favorite and least favorite thing in 2021

• I say favorite because in general I think Boons are an interesting new game mechanic that gives all killers and survivors something additional to play around. It’s a neat way to get extra use out of dull totems that were a bit underused.
    • I say least favorite for Circle of Healing specifically though because it is apparently so overpowered. That perk causes some major headaches, especially for killers that rely on spreading damage across survivors. Ironically Circle of Healing, because it discourages injuring multiple survivors, makes focussing in and downing a survivor or using Exposed hits and instant downs that much more effective relatively speaking in the fast healing meta, which then leads to even more survivors griping about how “tunneling” and “Bubba” and “camping” are unfair. Fortunately Mikaela’s balance pass is probably coming up soon, so hopefully Circle of Healing’s speed boost is reduced or something similar. If they can rein in this one Boon it would to a long way to reducing how many people post complaining about “Boons” when they’re really just complaining about “that Boon”.
  • CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Favorite: Bill Content? Bill got Content? Bill got Content! Also, Gnome Charm.

Least Favorite: NFTs

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Favorites:

• Pain Resonance
    • Plaything
    • Prenerf Cenobite
    • The Artist

Least favorites

• Wraith nerf
    • Cenobite nerf
    • Boons
    • Devs coming out as basically 'anything short of death threats and slurs is totally fine'.
  • deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Favorite: Claire Redfield became my main

least favorite: Stranger Things leaving even tho I bought everything

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Favorite: Installing Dead by Daylight

Least Favorite: Playing Dead by Daylight

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

Favorite: Umm... this is hard. I liked the DS nerf. Pinhead's a decent-designed Killer.

Least Favorite: Pretty much everything else. I cannot tell you enough how much I think that this year was a disaster for Dead by Daylight. Between MMR; Boons; RPD; Nemesis; NFTs; Artist; Trickster; Eyrie of Crows; the absolutely pea-brained UI changes; the mediocre animation changes (yeah, they're better than before, but still not great); the fact that they killed a decent Killer; AND the fact that the devs still prioritize making skill-less anti-loop Killers over ones that depend on both players' skill, it all ends up being a massive disappointment to see them mess up for nearly 12 months in a row.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Discovering the game was my favorite, thank you Resident Evil.

My least favorite has to be hit validation. Crackula incarnate. People meme on a lot of their decisions, but really, it is all give and take. This one in particular was just baffling.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Favorite is the people who care about the game, and least favorite is BHVR.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited January 2022

I'm gonna have to name a few of my favourite and least favourite things:

Favourite: Dead Hard and pallet validation. Boons. New and very unique perks are always exciting and spice up gameplay. Finally have more good/meta perks to use. Seeing less Deathslingers and Spirit's is also awesome.

Least favourite: RPD. Hatch change (I'm fine with it all except I think it should always spawn when all gens are done). Hawkins is gone which is really sad as it was one of the most unique maps and my favourite in-door map. Also sad new players can't really get Demo, Steve and Nancy.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

Favorite: Dweet's sunburn snooze cosmetic, the DS balance change, snowman Christmas event.

Last favorite: There's several stand outs. The Resident Evil chapter turning console into a nightmare lag fest. Boons. MMR. Trickster. Pinhead.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Favorite: the new map (finally not an indoor map, even though it is really too bright)

Least favorite: way too many. Boons, trickster, artist, the eternal farming not having been addressed yet

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Favorite: Mommy Artist

Least Favorite: Boons

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Favorite: Some of the new killer perks and Nemesis.

Worst: Circle of Healing.

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

Favourite: Jane's cosmetic, boons are fun

Least: NFTs

• mynameisBlade
    mynameisBlade Member Posts: 325

FAVORITE - Pinhead being put into the game.

LEAST - Pinheads voice being taken out of the game...

• BubMickey07
    BubMickey07 Member Posts: 312
    edited January 2022

Favorite thing: I really love boons and RE

Least favorite thing: probably PoM

That chapter isn't bad but very boring imo

Oo and ds nerf

I wouldn't have been so upset about ds nerve if I would have heard about it before i started playing a game with it

Cause it didn't end well

Oh ######### how did I forget hatch

I hate how they changed hatch

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Favorite: the Windows of Opportunity buff. I'm addicted.

Least: probably reading more and more "us vs. them" threads.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,133

Favourite: Hybridpanda returning with _Shrinewatch_

Worst: Implementation of Boons.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Favorite thing: Plague's tome. My favorite killer got a ton of love this year, and I really liked her lore and didn't think it ruined the previous interpretation of her character the way Legion and Nurse did.

Least favorite: Boon totems. Such an unbalanced headache of a mechanic.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
  • CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Best - Probably Artist release, enough of an impact to main her.

Worst - Probably a tie with all the negative changes to Twins patch after patch intentionally and unintentionally with Nerfs, Boons, Victor Validation and Dead hard in general or Nemesis' absolute cockup of a release patch.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

Best: nerf to keys

Worst: boons and sbmm

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,213

Favorite: Pinhead is one of my favorite killers to play since Blight, and even he wasn't as immediately fun.

Least Favorite: The community as a whole. I always felt it was bad, but for some reason, this year was worse.

• Rooftopper
    Rooftopper Member Posts: 141

the devs

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2022

Favorite: I stopped playing this game

Worst: I still linger in the DBD forum

Post edited by tak47888 on
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Favourite thing:

• Perks - Flashbangs are 11/10, more variety at higher ranks with killer perks and interesting new mechanic in boon totems.

Least favourite thing:

• In Game - pallet bug at the beginning of the year
    • Outside Game - my problems with the game. 2 months of unplayable lag and 2 months of being unable to play the game without using 4G wifi.