It feels awful playing a non anti-loop killer

Idk if it's because I'm bad or what but people I used to enjoy(legion, wraith, pig) it just feel awful to play them. I chase somebody then realize I'm wasting too much time so I go after somebody else then by the time I down somebody 2-3 gens are done. It's just really discouraging. Only time I feel like I do good is if I play pinhead or clown

Comments

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,709

It really is kinda rough right now tbh. Playing killers without anti-loop abilities isn't super fun because some maps are whack and you cant do anything about some tiles. But then killers with anti-loop abilities like Trapper, Hag, Executioner and Artists are kinda boring, cause when you use your power at a loop its just "ok, lets go to a different loop and repeat this process". Although I think as a result of this, killers with ranged abilities have become a lot more fun to play.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

It's probably more accurate to refer to Trapper (and Hag) as Area Denial rather than anti-loop.

• NOEDENJOYER
    NOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 237

But then, you play an anti-loop killer and get yourself against a SWF squad who holds W at the earliest possible moment.

Just had a game of holding W as the Artist, oh my god, it's actually mind numbing.

• NOEDENJOYER
    NOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 237

I main Demogorgon, Leatherface & Wraith mainly. I've started playing the Artist and almost every single game, is survivors just holding W. I don't fault them for it, because its the only thing they can do. However, when I play Demogorgon, for example, I find that a lot of survivors are less inclined to hold W, to the point that its rare for me to go ''Oh my god, stop holding W'' to myself mid-game, which I seem to do almost every single game as the Artist, but rarely as these three other killers that can be looped.

Basically, I find survivors will hold W less against loopable killers.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

I feel awful playing as Nemesis

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

The problem is an over reliance on mindgames when half the map structures can be looped but not mindgamed around.

Even then it takes survivor screw ups for a lot of mindgames to work.

Often at "mindgamable" walls its better to just commit to the next vault/pallet because if the killer tries to moonwalk back then you have left them behind and if they commit to chasing rather than mindgaming often hit validation will save your butt anyway. It creates a lot of chase extending lose/lose scenarios for killer especially ones without anti-loop mechanics or high mobility.

If you don't feel in complete control of a chase as survivor then 1. you are being herded and pressured by a very good killer (rather rare but they do exist) or 2. you have screwed up/aren't that great at survivor.

I'm not that great at survivor I really shouldn't escape as often as I do. But lately it seems most games I'm only on 0-1 hook states by game end and fully healed so there is little to no threat outside of NOED/insta downs when it comes to endgame saves and getting out the gate.

With escapes being the new measure of success its often more worthwhile to play selfish and rank up for better team mates than it is to try and save and rank down the random solo queue hole that can develop when you are too altruistic.

I often don't bother trying to mind game and play around structures anymore because there really is no point when I can get a lot of distance just committing to validated pallets and DH.

• iThe1One
    iThe1One Applicant Posts: 45
    edited January 2022

I wonder how the game would play out if a new 4.4m/s killer would be added BUT if he stays more than 10 seconds around a pallet/window he becomes a 4.7m/s killer, he can see the radius of that activation area around pallets/windows and will lose said bonus after 1 second of leaving said area.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited January 2022

I would show you the mighty power of Hold W and predrop pallets.

• iThe1One
    iThe1One Applicant Posts: 45

You'll eventually run out of pallets, you can't drop pallets for 1-2 minutes like a good shack loop/jungle gym can last, plus chasing people that drop pallets and run is more fun for the killer than just running around a frustrating piece of scenery for 1-2 minutes.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

So you mean a slightly buffed version of bloodlust?

10 seconds bound to an area for 4.7m/s

Vs

15 seconds in chase for 4.6m/s?

Doesn't seem really worth it.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Well, yes. Playing a Killer without "anti-loop" is pretty boring unless survivors play not that good. This is why I no longer use regression perks: It lets me derank fast enough to get to the level of my Killer rather then the level of my perks.

I like playing Ghostface but his power is pretty much dependent on a successful ambush or a high loop where no red-stain is an advantage. Mt Ormont and the Auto-Haven maps are just terrible because you can not do anything here if survivors are competent. And holding W just to catch up to a loop where the survivor pre-drops a safe pallet that you can not even attempt to mindgame with crouching is just...

Anyway: Yes this feels bad. Deranking is once again the best solution and it happens almost by itself. Just give hatch and juggle hooks.

They could play in another way. They just do not want to. You can "loop" an Artists most times by chaining two loops, letting her set up her crows at one and then going to the next and then back. Also she has a pretty good tell when and where her crows are because she slows down so much. I think it is fun to try this and loop an artist...

For me survivor will just hold W against a Killer with no anti-loop even more just that they tend to drop the pallet into your face while doing so and that you maybe not even get the hit when you finally catch up.

For me survivors crying about "anti-loop" and responding by holding W is just like Killers complaining about "gen-rushing" and responding by camping and tunneling...it gets boring to read pretty quickly.

Damn...I like facing Nemesis, it is so cool to be chased by one and his flex to carry you under his arm is a perfect finish. Should feel better for the Nemesis too.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Not really, you will be 110% without range, so hold W will be super effective.

I will just have to make sure that I am not around pallet long enough to give you hit from that speed boost.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I agree, it feels like you can't do anything if you don't play an anti-loop killer.

It doesn't help that the game is basically balanced around anti-loop killers instead addressing the map issues.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

I just like to take any chance I get to express my hate for the RE chapter which RE is my favoite franchuse.

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500
  • Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Playing a killer with no answer to looping is like playing a survivor with no access to Borrowed Time or Decisive Strike.

You can still win, but more often than not you're fighting a tremendously uphill battle because of core game design. But unlike those survivors, there's no magic Anti-Loop Perk that killers can take to patch their weaknesses.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

Thats not true there's hex blood favor.

Also when I play survivor I never use ds or bt and do just fine.

• Adjatha

Hexes were a joke before and they're hilariously nothing in the age of Boons. A better come-back might've been "Eduring/Spirit Fury" for pallets and Bamboozle for windows. The problem with those perks is that they don't actually shut down loops or speed up downs.

And while YOU might not use Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, or Dead Hard, I bet you dollars to donuts that more than half of the other people in your team are using all three of them.

• Gamedozer7
    edited January 2022

First off I was totally joking about the hex they are a joke and out of the 4 times I've used BF I got 6 uses out of it.

I didn't say DH I definitely use DH I'm not a great looper and it helps me out alot and when I play with someone who doesn't have it I can definitely feel it. I can't really argue with you there I would say I see it 60% on my "teammate"

I normally run CoH,DH,WGLF,kindred.

• Adjatha

Yeah, fair enough. The point remains: it sucks for the game to be optimally played in a certain way, then not have any access to the answer to that playstyle. Or, as community people are so fond of saying: C O U N T E R P L A Y

Killers get nerfed because 'there's no easy counterplay to their powers," but killers sure don't get buffed because they have no counterplay to the default survivor strategies.

• Probably just me but I like to preemptively trap near killer shack... plus the whole purpose of trapping a loop, ultimately, is to get them away from it. I like doing that too

• Gamedozer7

My thing is there is this constant oh this killer puts you into a lose/lose situation when it needs to happen sometimes but there's also the fact that any safe loop with a dropped pallet is a lose/lose for the killer but that's ok. Sure the killer can brake the pallet but that just continues the chase and wastes the killers time(lose) or the killer can try and run the loop and probably never catch them and if they do all the gens are done(lose).