There is a lot of people crying

Options

There is a lot of people crying about how unbalanced is this game. Besides specific perks, survivors complain about tunnel and camping the most, and killers about gen rush. The perks the make game interesting and different overtime, but camping/tunneling/gen rush don't.

That is the pont of all this crying. I don't care if i die as survivor or if i kill no one as killer. I want to have a great time playing the game and to have at least TIME, the game has to get rid of those mechanics that make the game shorter and boring for any of the players.

How? I don't know. I think it's not about perks. But playing around perks, to...

...avoiding camping: BT should be a mechanic, not a perk. A kind of Camaraderie could be implemented with the killer as the trigger and depending on gens done. If none is done, progression of the entity is completely stopped. If all gens are done, no 'killer camaraderie' at all. And all the calculations in between.

...avoiding tunneling: DS as a mechanic and should be balanced depending on how many gens done are in game. If none is done, DS is longer and has no restrictions. With all gens done, DS is shorter and you can't even open a gate without losing it, for example. And all the calculations in between.

...avoiding gen rush: Corrupt Intervention as a mechanic. Deadlock as a mechanic but with a rework: ti only leaves unblocked the 2 gens with the lowest progression in the map.

This also can be reworked. All constraints about tunneling/camping may be reduced if a gen is completed in the moment. All constraints about gen rush may be reduced if someone is hooked.

May this proposals make the game boring? May be. If we don't try, we won't know it. But I am also start of being bored of the actual gameplay, and I prefer to give it a try.

Give more ideas!

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

Either Corrupt/Deadlock base or longer base gen times. It's either/or. Otherwise they'll keep flying.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited January 2022
    Options

better spawns would help and they would be less boring / annoying for survivors.

Right now you have situations where survivors spawn next to different gens. If they spawned always on same side of the map and not exactly next to gen, it would help a lot.

• laucters
    laucters Member Posts: 20
    Options

DS and BT are the strongest perks in the game and no killer perk is a match for them. Corrupt Intervention is absolute garbage as it only makes survivors hide in lockers for the first 2 seconds of the game. Deadlock suggestion seems fine but it's still worthless compared to base DS and BT

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Gen times aren't the problem. Once a killer gets their momentum ball rolling gen progress grinds to a halt.

The problem is that getting that ball rolling is too difficult thanks to map design, spawns and other reasons.

Killers need faster ways to apply pressure or survivors need less ways to deny/remove the killers pressure.

Adding to gen times just makes the game more boring for survivors and killers who can't generate pressure and get genrushed now will probably still get genrushed.

Unless you add such a rediculous amount so that anything that isn't gen rush is throwing the game

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

DS and BT are only strong against camping/tunneling killers. If you aren't doing those things you most likely wont even know the perks are there.

• Dino7281
    Options

Oh right, because survivors are definetly not going to bodyblock you, right? They would never use free perks like that to annoy the killer.

• Marigoria
    Options

If they body block you, you can hit them, you know right?

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Instead of more band-aid fixes why not dive deeper into the problems.... cause it's a vicious cycle

Camping- seems to be an issue that affects the other Survivors more then the one on hook (cause the other Survivors have to do something about it but the one on the hook sees the other Survivors) and this is a reason that Gen- Rush exists... the game does make Camping less effective at the start of the match... but more effective in the late game (and end game) cause there are less (or no) Gens to patrol

Gen Rush- Seems to be an issue of Killers time (chasing, downing, Hooking Survivors and snuffing out Boons ) and that leads to Camping and Tunneling

Tunneling- Seems to be an issue of the player being Tunneled... and again that's due to Gen Rush (but there's no real Anti-Tunnel perk)

It comes down to the decisions made by the players in the match

But as to fixes... there isn't much to be done

Camping- is a decision made by the Killer at some point (and ultra Altruistic Survivors)

Gen Rush- Maybe increasing Base Gen Regression could resolve that

Tunneling- Again is a decision made by the Killer in the match

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

"Hey you know those extremely overpowered perks everyone uses? What if we gave everyone those for free!"

This "suggestion" comes up so much and it's so silly to me. Can I have permanent non-totem based ruin? BT and DS as innate mechanics would be god awful, and as mentioned before, corrupt and deadlock as a mechanic would also be tedious to play against every match

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    edited January 2022
    Options

Urgh...

While I agree that there is a lot of crying, like Killers crying about Gen-rushing and survivors crying about "anti-loop"-Killers...it gets boring quickly.

However you idea to fix this would not work that well. The problem being that you suggest band-aid fixes while not addressing the real issues here. Also your ideas just sound like I could abuse more than half of them and I am not even a good survivor.

The sad truth is that you would first require to remove the band-aids to see the fundamental flaws they cover. Take "Hex: Ruin" as an example: You would have to remove it (or rework it) so that could address Killers with no slowdown for themself. Freddy with 8-12% slowdown in his Dream World is not a problem but it quickly becomes a problem when you add Ruin/Undying/Pop onto the pile.

Giving survivor meaningful side-objectives would fix certain issues. However that can only happen when you remove perks like Hex: Ruin who would punish survivor harshly for doing those side-objectives.

A mild solution would be possible if you add a small regression and repair-stop to a generator when a Killer kicks it. However once again you would have to tinker with a perk (Pop goes the Weasle) to not give Killers a buff they do not need or deserve.

The solution to "anti-loop" Killers would require the rework of that band-aid as well: Dead Hard. After that you could entertain the idea that those Killers require survivors to loop them in a different way more. However if you would take Pyramide Head as an example: To make his steering hard (thus encouraging the survivor to run at the Pyramide Head to evade his attack) without removing Dead Hard would just make Pyramide Head worse because a good shot from Pyramide Head would just get harder and less rewarding when a survivor can just press E to outplay.

Nothing more fun than to count down the BT-timer and then hit the survivor when they realize that you saw through their little trick. Then slug them and go chasing to let them contemplate about their mistake.

• Dino7281
    edited January 2022
    Options

Oh, right. That is so effective while they have BT, right? And even when I down them, it's so good when they have DS right?

And you would want to give all that basekit, yay. balanced

Survivors can unhook in front of killer. No perks needed, always ready for game to fix their mistake...

• cantelope
    cantelope Applicant Posts: 343
    Options

And then you come to the forum and complain about how killers are evil and lazy crybabies for tunneling and demand bt and ds get buffed on top of being made basekit. Survivors who use the perks to bodyblock now and cry later are sure as ######### not gonna stop because it's basekit.

• Marigoria
    Options

Please show me a post where I said "killers are evil and lazy crybabies for tunneling and demand bt and ds get buffed on top of being made basekit". Stop being a cry baby and making things up.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

If you wanted anyone to take your post seriously and not immediately have a negative look of it then you probably shouldn't have titled it and acted like everyone is "crying" doesn't exactly get people off on the wrong foot, and frankly, I'm not even gonna bother reading the rest of your post but based on the rest of the comments I'm gonna assume what you said was pretty ignorant

• cantelope
    Options

Dodging my entire point to focus on a single word. Good job bud. Totally proved me wrong.

• Marigoria
    Options

I dont need to prove anything. I said what someone can do when they get body blocked and you decided to make a killer good survivor bad, so no thanks

• cantelope
    Options

No, I pointed out that survivors who already use it to bodyblock and cry about tunneling after will continue to do so untill buffs are made to the perks on top of being basekit.

I get why you're ignoring it but come on dude. Just sandbag me when you can't think of anything to say like you normally do.

• Marigoria
    Options

Now you're trying to make it personal, so i'll just let you cry by yourself. Continue the pity party without me.

• cantelope
    Options

Lol you're first post made it personal by insisting I was referring explicitly to you. Come on now buddy xD

• AdelaFoofur82
    AdelaFoofur82 Member Posts: 13
    Options

They're decisions because the game design allow to make those decisions. If the game wouldn't allow you to do so, that problem wouldn't exist.

• AdelaFoofur82
    AdelaFoofur82 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Thanks for nothing. If you plan not to give ideas, neither bother to write this. Another one non-sense crying

• gilgamer
    Options

I mean it's not like you're ideas was gonna accomplish anything anyways in all fairness but glad you can take criticism so well. Also please take an English class, I don't know if it's your second language but try and ask someone for a grammer check though you'd probably call them a "non-sense crying" baby or something

• AlohaSnacBar
    AlohaSnacBar Member Posts: 64
    Options

Incoming Corrupt deadlock ruin hex undying pop tinker. Blight

Brooo could you ######### imagine

• cantelope
    Options

Hey, come on. Don't demean yourself by tossing out insults to their language skill. They may actually be ESL and that's not cool. You had squarely out argued them don't throw that away over a pointless insults.

• gilgamer
    Options

Wasn't meant to demean their ability to write, only that they should do so in the future however I did take the opportunity to insult their horrid way of taking criticism

• legrosporc69
    legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250
    Options

So me bodyblocking the killer because i have BT because i know if the hit me im out of the picture and i have DS if he wait 12 sec is fair and fine and the killer should hit me because in you book he dont lose anything for that

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Options

I honestly think they should somehow put an entity to block the vicinity of the hook if you arnt carrying the survivor and if you are and if survivors are around it blocks them from the hook while survivor gets put on it ones it does the killer gets put out of range or something like that to make body blocking, direct sabotage hard and camping as well with someother things as well

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    Options

I don't really care about anything else right now besides them fixing the absolutely AWFUL RE chapter

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

And the game allows you to change your perks before hitting the Ready button (the first time)

The game allows the Survivor side to change which Survivor they play as and which item is held... and all the Killer do is change: Perks, Addons and Offerings (in pre-match lobby)

If I were to say ok.... Then what would change about this game (If we weren't able to do those things)

Also what do Camping, Tunneling and Gen Rush (Slugging as well) mean to you