The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why are you playing killer?

Is it for the challenge or for the power role fantasy?

Maybe you'r just a slasher/horror fan and like to get immersed. 

Personally its all of the above.

How about you guys?

Comments

• I'm a horror addict, and I've honestly always identified more with the killers in movies like that. I'm always cheering for the bad guys to win. Chucky and Michael were my heroes as a kid.

• Etsuhara
    Etsuhara Member Posts: 52

LOVE Chucky, I have a Childs play marathon every halloween. Would love to see him in the game someday.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    edited January 2022

I like the challenge and I like my 60k-80k BP a match. I'm also a big horror fan so that helps.

• Etsuhara
  • Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Because survivor gets boring after a while.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

I find it more fun then survivor sometimes. And personally find it less infuriating then Solo Q although that could be changing

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,262

I like the role play.

Sometimes I like to be dominant, the one who decides what happens.

If I have bad games as a Survivor I switch for a match or two.

But yeah... it's not fun when I don't feel in charge but it's a different story 🙂

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

I don't play killer much anymore.

However I use to because killer is what brought me to the game. Also the licences of myers, bubba etc. Was just so exciting and amazing I just wanted to play as them

Sadly I don't enjoy killer as much anymore, and I'm just put off the game alot by the lack of content I see. I see a small few killers and all survivors tun the same perks etc. But that's another issue

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

It's more of I'm the only thing to blame if things don't go the way I had planned (yea.... I'm talking from the gaming perspective)

I do like Horror and Slasher movies... but that isn't the reason I stuck with the game for 2-3 years

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

I like the stress and the micromanagement of the role. I like having the responsibility all on me, instead of on 4 people, and it makes me feel like my losses were my fault but also my victories were entirely me, too. I like that feeling.

Also survivor is a ######### hellscape and I despise it so I play solo for about 3 matches and then either play killer or beg a friend to come on.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I simply find it fun.

I know, not a shred of objective truth or anything in saying that. But it really is as simple as that, when I spend time playing killer it leaves me thinking "That was fun, I'm happy I spent my time doing that".

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I like to smash people with my kanabo

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,133

I like the difficulty of it. I do play both sides, but with killer the role can be much more challenging.

The only complaint is playing killer had been, for some time, like playing the good guy. It feels like the person who was beaten and left for dead is going back for revenge against a group of bandits, Clint Eastwood-style. I'd prefer it to feel like the role it's meant to be.

• Etsuhara

Haha ,When i come across toxic survivours I usually picture them as gremlins.

Nothing more satisfying than a microwaved gremlin.

Just like I imagine the potato I give hatch as Gizmo. xD

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

Becouse I have no friends for swf. At least the explanation i got here on forums

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

Bloodpoints.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,287

For rift challenges or there is a new character I’m leveling up and I need blood points.

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461

Im an idiot.

• Roarbear2007
    Roarbear2007 Member Posts: 70

As a killer main i just find playing killer more fun then survivor idk about bp i just want to smack every survivor in the back of the head lol

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Because I'm not masochistic enough to play soloq.

• I never played Billy personally, but he used to be an absolute terror to go against. Other hand, Michael's recent buffs bumped him up quite a few more rungs than people like Otz are giving him credit for.

What don't you like about the new maps? I hated the changes to Coldwind and Gideon's, but they've been doing better more recently. A lot of people complain than RPD is too survivor-sided, but I still always get excited when I see it pop up. Aesthetically, it's great, and it's a hell of a lot of fun to play on. The newest map is also a lot of fun to look at (like something from a New Orleans cemetery - I wondered when we'd get a cemetery map), and I seem to 4K most of my games on it.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

I played Killer because going on chases with Survivors is fun.

I'm not playing the game anymore.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

I don't anymore. I used to because it was fun.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I've put way more practice and time in killer than I have with survivor. As killer I'm in control and I have fun. As survivor I usually play solo queue and it is self explanatory. I don't like feeling like nothing i do in a match will matter because the feng thinks doing boons instead of gens is how we win.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

I want to poke the survivors with a sharp object.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,039

How I am gonna play killer if my dbd is uninstalled??

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Played killer to enjoy using my favorite horror icons and played survivor to play with friends.

All my survivor friends quit because the survivor game was so repetitive, easy, and boring.

Quit playing killer after this newest wave of killer nerfs, ignoring hit bugs, and the endless stream of survivor buffs.

The latest Developers Notes did nothing to assure me that anything was going to be changing, so I'm still firmly checked out.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

I've honestly always identified more with the killers in movies like that

Yeah, I'm reporting this forum to FBI tips.