Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can we get an indicator if we're going up against a SWF group?

Like it's annoying dealing with this so much at high ranks and constantly getting bullied, and treated with so much toxicity especially if you're playing a weaker killer.

Comments

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Schorts94 said:

Like it's annoying dealing with this so much at high ranks and constantly getting bullied, and treated with so much toxicity especially if you're playing a weaker killer.

Maybe you don't belong at the rank you're at there's nothing wrong with that and it's too easy to rank up on both sides, I don't have a problem getting 3-4k a game but I've also been playing for 2 years and the game was in a wayy worse place then than it is now so all these changes helped me because I was almost playing handicapped compared to whats here now , my advice would be to hang in there and learn from mistakes by rewatching clips and seeing where you got mind gamed / or mind gamed yourself and try to improve your gameplay, also when things start going downhill I turn to the 3 gen strategy and turn the game back in my favor when all the gens left end up being together .
  • Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Will be nice but fix of this will be aditional BP for killer who play against swf like 2 surv extra20% BP 3surv 30% etc.But i think right now this is imposible to make waiting for dedicated serwers.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    They won't give us an indicator. Since they just changed the matchmaking so survivors enter the lobby at the same time. Independently if they are solo or swf.
  • Tsulan
    Schorts94 said:

Maybe you don't belong at the rank you're at there's nothing wrong with that and it's too easy to rank up on both sides, I don't have a problem getting 3-4k a game but I've also been playing for 2 years and the game was in a wayy worse place then than it is now so all these changes helped me because I was almost playing handicapped compared to whats here now , my advice would be to hang in there and learn from mistakes by rewatching clips and seeing where you got mind gamed / or mind gamed yourself and try to improve your gameplay, also when things start going downhill I turn to the 3 gen strategy and turn the game back in my favor when all the gens left end up being together .
    Swf boosts survivors to ranks they don't belong to...
  • micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

No, not before the game starts.

If you can't play against a SWF simply because it's an SWF you are at a rank you do not deserve to be at. This is VERY typical with SWF dodgers. They will dodge every SWF, get to a high rank, then complain over how many SWFs they meet there and\or how hard\toxic it is. At higher rank, people are more likely to SWF, simply because SWF is easier and you rank up more by playing SWF.

There are also many high ranked survivors that are playing at high rank solely because of SWF giving them that boost.

I am completely fine with giving the killer a decent BP bonus for playing against SWF, as long as this information is withheld until the end of the game. What they do in Overwatch by pairing up the people in the same group would be a nice addition to the end game screen.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Nobody wants to willingly go against SWF and rightly so. Giving an indicator would be nice to be able to brace yourself for the hell you're about to endure but I doubt the devs will ever implement something like that. SWF Is a big portion of the player base and they'd end up being constantly dodged.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I would like it to be indicated at the end game screen so I understand what just happened. Before the match would just be encouraging dodging which is bad for the game.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited January 2019
    I don't see an indicator coming. Especially with the new match making further hiding SWF. 
    The popularity of SWF isn't going to help, either. I think some 70% of survivors are in SWF.
    Devs are scared of the backlash.

People are afraid that if SWF gets pointed out, either via filter, labels, etc. That they will all get dodged. And these people are usually in denial over why.

Usually an SWF has zero business being matched to the killer they're against.
    A lot of SWF shoot for brown ranks to find people to trample, and/or troll.

SWFs usually play above their rank, and there's been no end to mixed rank SWFs where they were a color or two above me on top of that.

We should get BP bonuses at the least for the hassle of dealing with SWFs. 

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Tsulan said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

Schorts94 said:

So SWF should be easy to beat then, right? All these boosted ranks playing against killers who have enough time to reach rank 1 by themselves...

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Tsulan said:
    Schorts94 said:

@Tsulan
    That might be true, but survivors who need friends to reach rank 1 won't be difficult to kill.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

Schorts94 said:

So SWF should be easy to beat then, right? All these boosted ranks playing against killers who have enough time to reach rank 1 by themselves...

Boosted survivors at rank 1 ruin the experience for other rank 1 survivors, not the killers experience

• Seanzu

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

Schorts94 said:

Boosted survivors at rank 1 ruin the experience for other rank 1 survivors, not the killers experience

If they're SWF the don't probably don't really care they're just friends having fun. The thing that always comes from the forums is how tough SWF is at rank one. You wouldn't know that though as you derank for easier games anyway.

• Master

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

Schorts94 said:

If they're SWF the don't probably don't really care they're just friends having fun. The thing that always comes from the forums is how tough SWF is at rank one. You wouldn't know that though as you derank for easier games anyway.

Not all SWF are 4 mans as survivors never become tired explaining. Also you dont always play within the same SWF.
    Boosted SWF are not tough to beat, its when survivors that are strong by themselves team up with other strong survivors.

• Seanzu

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

Schorts94 said:

Not all SWF are 4 mans as survivors never become tired explaining. Also you dont always play within the same SWF.
    Boosted SWF are not tough to beat, its when survivors that are strong by themselves team up with other strong survivors.

Agreed, not all SWFs are 4-man. But how do they ruin the experience for others? People get hooked, people get unhooked, boosted survivors still do all the same things.

and I'd argue you'd have to have at least some capability to be able to get boosted all the way to rank one, you'd have still had to have won chases and know mechanics, you can't just do nothing and get to rank one because of your team mates.

• Master

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

Schorts94 said:

Agreed, not all SWFs are 4-man. But how do they ruin the experience for others? People get hooked, people get unhooked, boosted survivors still do all the same things.

and I'd argue you'd have to have at least some capability to be able to get boosted all the way to rank one, you'd have still had to have won chases and know mechanics, you can't just do nothing and get to rank one because of your team mates.

Since I am a solo survivor player myself, I can tell you that you get screwed over a lot by boosted survivors. I am more scared of my mates than of the killer usually

• Seanzu

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

Schorts94 said:

Since I am a solo survivor player myself, I can tell you that you get screwed over a lot by boosted survivors. I am more scared of my mates than of the killer usually

and? I'm sure you've screwed people over too, you'll deny it though, and you don't even play in high ranks anyway because you're a deranker so I don't understand your stance here, you get sandbagged in rank 10? Boohoo

• Tsulan
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:
    Schorts94 said:

@Tsulan
    That might be true, but survivors who need friends to reach rank 1 won't be difficult to kill.
    Yeah they are easy to kill but toxic af.
  • Master

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

Schorts94 said:

and? I'm sure you've screwed people over too, you'll deny it though, and you don't even play in high ranks anyway because you're a deranker so I don't understand your stance here, you get sandbagged in rank 10? Boohoo

Ah yeah insulting as usual when you run out of arguments, classic.
    I never deranked on survivor btw :wink:

• Seanzu

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Master said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    OrionsFury4789 said:

Schorts94 said:

Ah yeah insulting as usual when you run out of arguments, classic.
    I never deranked on survivor btw :wink:

If you think being called a deranker is an insult that must mean you think it's a bad thing to do... hmmmm.

I didn't run out of anything - I put forward that you've probably screwed over people too, it happens every game - we all make bad decisions when we're being chased or think the killer is moving away and go in for a save only for him to have started heading back already.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Wow are you seriously making a serious post for once?

@Schorts94 said:

Oh wait no the title was fine, your comment is just you trolling. Why do you always make these threads.

Stop pretending you face a SWF a ton I'm a rank 1 killer and I face good survivors, but not all of my games are SWF (1/5 of them are SWF and 1/15 are the toxic 'depip squad') I really agree they need nerfs and yes an indicator would be great but you pretending you face them all the time is just you making excuses for the fact a team wins.

Please don't make posts with blatant lies.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

they could have it like CoD where it shows a little person above their head and it's a certain color as other people indicating they're partied up

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140
    edited January 2019

They said something interesting just yesterday on the live stream. Something about currently the game doesnt flag if you are playing solo or in a group. Its at 55 minutes-ish.

I personally dont see a problem with showing if people are SWFs as long as there are harsher leaving lobby penalties. We got to remember a large majority of games played is some form of SWF.

You can do 30 seconds, then 90 seconds, then 3 minutes, then 5 minutes. How it regresses, i have no idea, whether its based on lobbies played or time played. Either way, i doubt the majority of killers will want to wait 3-5 minutes to make a lobby, then wait for the lobby to fill up. Then possibly leave again and have another high probability of getting another form of SWF group.

I think people are just calling out DOOOOM if this gets added. As long as it gets balanced with stricter leaving lobby penalties there shouldnt be a problem.

Edit - And the times were just an example throwing it out there.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Tsulan said:
    Schorts94 said:

This is true I don't deny that at all but also you can pip way too easy as a killer as well the ranking system in itself is flawed and needs a change to be harder for both sides and if it's swf make it to where the rank turns off for the survivor so that way they cant be boosted to rank one and then give the killer a 25% blood point bonus after the game so they know the group was swf and get an incentive for playing them while they're rank stays on for a harder game played and a small xp extra boost 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan said:
    Schorts94 said:

This is true I don't deny that at all but also you can pip way too easy as a killer as well the ranking system in itself is flawed and needs a change to be harder for both sides and if it's swf make it to where the rank turns off for the survivor so that way they cant be boosted to rank one and then give the killer a 25% blood point bonus after the game so they know the group was swf and get an incentive for playing them while they're rank stays on for a harder game played and a small xp extra boost 
    Problem is, emblems were to hard for survivors. High rank killers had long queues because no one ranked up. They had to make it easy af.

I've been asking for 3 game modes for ages:
    Casual 
    Ranked
    Hardcore 

Maybe once we have dedicated servers. 
  • Vesperiavi
    Vesperiavi Member Posts: 45

Nobody wants to willingly go against SWF and rightly so. Giving an indicator would be nice to be able to brace yourself for the hell you're about to endure but I doubt the devs will ever implement something like that. SWF Is a big portion of the player base and they'd end up being constantly dodged.

I want to willingly go against SWF groups to be fair. They're some of my favourite matches. Seeing to what extent survivors will go to help each other and which one will turn tail and focus on themselves. Getting genrushed doesn't bother me either, it's impressive if they pull it off
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Vesperiavi said:
    Bongbingbing said:

I want to willingly go against SWF groups to be fair. They're some of my favourite matches. Seeing to what extent survivors will go to help each other and which one will turn tail and focus on themselves. Getting genrushed doesn't bother me either, it's impressive if they pull it off

Same a lot of killers don't have an issue facing swf groups because we don't dodge them in the 1st place so we know how to handle them for the most part. Oh sure we'll get the depip swat teams every once in awhile but those are few and far between and we'lls till 4k them occasionally.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

People would dodge ALOT of matches. I think so, anyway.

• Seanzu

@Watery said:
    People would dodge ALOT of matches. I think so, anyway.

I think a ping indicator is enough. I detest lobby dodging and refuse to do it as a killer.

I'd hate the segregation of SWF/Solo because for the killers that don't mind SWF it means they'll just face the same teams over and over again and it'll be boring - lobbies need to stay as they are.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    There is no need. I pay atention to their names: If you are against 3 survivors named Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup chances are they are togheter (True example). If playing on PC, check their Steam profiles and look if the other players are on their friend list or posted something on their profile. I mean, what else would you do as you wait for the match to start?
    Then you can deside if you want to go against them and prepare you strategy for it. Most of the time I get to down and hook their weakest member and just patrol not far from it until their friends come rushing to try to save him/her. Remember that toxic people are toxic to their friends too. They are probably ranting at their friends demanding them to come to the rescue instead of doing gens. It is so funny to see 3 survivors running around the hook until their friend gets sacrificed  :)

On the other hand, if they are against a competent group..... do your best, good luck  :p

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Another example: survivors named "Crazy gamer girl" and  "I love you Crazy gamer girl". I knew I had to hooked that CGG and I did, at the basement no less. Imagine the preasure ILYCGG must have felt in real life. It wasn't long before he came to the rescue and the two love birds ended up "hanging toghether" <3