The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Definition of fun

What is your definition of fun when playing this game?

If you are not having fun with the game right now, what was fun when you first started playing?

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,133

Treating each trial as its own separate mini-horror slasher, and the sheer variety offered by randomizing all my setups.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

Having a special moment with the killer/survivor.

Playing with friends.

Going for stupid plays wether it works or not is always fun.

Using perks/builds that the other side never would suspect.

Generally the game is fun when you don't take things seriously, but honestly that can be hard to do when you don't have friends to SWF with.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited January 2022

That guy is very sad if he's doing that kind of thing 😂 Imagine getting "happiness" and pleasure by bullying and trolling others lol. How sad it sounds

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

For me, the game is fun when I feel I made some progress. And progress for me (I'm trying to P3 lvl 50 a lot of characters) equals making enough BPs per match.

I don't mind dying if I get to play enough to get at least 15k, or as killer I don't mind the 0K as long as I had enough interaction to secure about as much (or higher, I'm finding it easier to grind as killer).

So basically the fun part of this game is working towards a bigger goal. Challenges & Rituals spice things up too :P

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Something balance decisions should not be made around.

• Etsuhara
    Etsuhara Member Posts: 52

Theres nothing more satisfying then when you get offbeat perk builds to work.

would've been fun to see how the gameplay would change if they turned off all meta perks on both sides for a week.

• iThe1One
    iThe1One Applicant Posts: 45

Balanced matches, chases that last 15-30 seconds, generators being contested by both the killer and survivor, survivors actually trying to unhook and killer not camping hooks, mind games but not endless loops, ESPECIALLY NOT ENDLESS LOOPS, those are the cancers of this game, and overall just playing to win without being nasty, I want the enemies I face regardless if they're killers/survivors to put up a good fight, preferably without using the same stale perks though, it's annoying when playing as a killer you just EXPECT everyone to have DS/BT/DH

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

They can, you just make it in a way that it doesn't affect actual balance.

For example, if there is something unhealthy for the game, you nerf / remove it, but you buff / create something else to help that side. Sadly, devs don't understand that concept.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Assert dominance.

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960
    edited January 2022

Fun for this game= an alien concept now

What made it fun for me in the first place? I thought the concept was a good idea and at first, it was then found it was buggy on ps4 left got it on gamepass around the time the deathslinger was out and got interested again unfortunately now the concept is a huge facade stuffed with broken balancing issues and false promises.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Playing Spirit.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Blinding killers at every pallet and saving teammates...

Killer just a 10 minute or longer trial. The issue i have is the game has got a bit stale. Needs a new mechanic of some kind asap.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Also 4k"s not stop with supposedly ######### killers....love saying bullshit to bullshit.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Having interactions with the other players. I mean, fair ones: having a chase, having people who help, having a jump scare because I discover that Nurse has Tinkerer and she popped on me from nowhere...

• LaFlamme
    LaFlamme Member Posts: 20

I feel like I hit a wall, I occasionally enjoy killer but I find very little fun about survivor anymore. Ever since SBMM I've had less and less fun, seen an increase in camping/tunelling/letting you bleed out rather than hooking etc.

• CyberDragoon656

Can you blame them though? At the moment the meta for survivors is second chance perks up the ass and right now doing anything else seems to punish the killer rather than making it better even with camping deterring perks like bbq.

• LaFlamme
    LaFlamme Member Posts: 20

Problem is anytime I don't take DS I seem to get tunneled and am reminded why I should keep it on. Personally I prefer playing with fun perks like deception etc. The only thing punishing killers who camp/tunnel are those meta perks like DS/BT.

It's a bit of a catch 22 between survivors and killers.

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747

Being able to participate in the match. (I do not find immediate camps or ultra-immersed spine-chill teams to be fun. Perks like Ruin or DS seem like necessary tools even if they can be overbearing as they help with the prior point)

Micro-goals with very in-your-face payouts. (Getting a down with Starstruck, completing a Generator as a Survivor.)

Uncertainty. (I have played enough to know general pathing Killers will take out from Hook, especially with Kindred, and the meta hasn't really shifted enough that player loadouts are rather stale or not impactful enough on the Survivors side)

• CyberDragoon656

like I said due to the meta everyone thinks they have a combination of ds dh ub bt and coh and right now the best way to deal with them could easily be to kill the survivor as fast as possible

And thanks to survivors abusing the perks such as using bt as a shield and the hit validation on dh can actually encourage camping and tunneling more now just to get rid of them.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited January 2022

As killer you really need to create your own fun. Playing against a well-coordinated SWF is ridiculously brutal. When everyone is rocking the strongest meta perks, communicating your location and what you're doing at all times, including taking hits for one another, the sweat is all too real when playing killer.

I like using perks that help with the chase because regardless of the amount of slow down that I have, it will never be enough if survivors know what they're doing. Bringing a build that's able to eat through pallets and stay on their heels has proven to be more effective for me personally than any slowdown builds.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

Having a good chase (killer or survivor), breaking a killers ankles and watching them look around for me, getting chased for 4 gens and then having the killer DC mid chase when the last gen pops.any Huntress match that doesn't have the one shot hatchet

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Gotta lower your MMR then. It sucks, but it's the sure fire way to not face meta perks. Just make sure you dont consistently run meta perks either.