Any Nurse main tips for console?

Options
I play on PS4 and I mainly play Spirit and Myers but I would love to get the hang of playing Nurse. I love the backstory to Nurse and she is easily the best killer but with a hard skill cap easily on console. I wanted to ask anybody who frequently plays Nurse for any tips that would help. It would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options
    Tip #1
    Wait for the optimisation patch. 
    Tip #2
    100 sensitivity isn't mandatory. I do pretty well with 85.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Practice. That's all Nurse is, practice. Play her without add-ons until you learn how blink works. The range. The timing. The speed. Try to pick an exact spot and blink to it. Once you can do that, you just need good prediction skills so that you can land blinks without seeing the survivor.

Also you should use Shadowborn. It's great for her and makes it easy to track during fatigue. It's the only perk she really needs.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    I've been trying to get good with the nurse on PS4 as well. The addons that suit my playstyle are pocket watch and the one that looks like a tooth.
    My biggest problem with her is the fatigue, so that's why i use those addons.
  • Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Try to go in a game with a friend (add me if you want I'm also on ps4) with the purple addons (blanket) that allows you to see the destination of the blink.

Train long blinks, short blinks, through obstacles, or not. Move your camera while the blink animation, learn the speed, the distance.

Then it's about patience, guessing. Once you got the knowledge of "theory" you ll train facing survivors, guess their mind games, where they gonna go, when the dead hard gonna pop, etc.

Watch carefully since no one play the same, and learn the player pattern so you gonna expect the jukes, etc ...

Ruin / Shadowborn / Nurses Calling as a basis at first. Last perk is up to you... Stridor could be a nice choice since the sound is completely ######### up with this patch...

Don't be frustrated by not doing kills or getting t bagged, thats what you ll get while training. Don't camp. You want to improve, so, work on your blinks. For the same reason i'd recommend you not to use Noed.

You don't play nurse to do kills, you play nurse to master her. Then little by little you gonna see that you're actually a killing machine.

Have fun mate.

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    Options
    I think is is a beautiful thread because it's nice and polite and no one is criticizing the original poster for playing on PS4. Personally, I also play Spirit but I also want to be good at the Nurse. So, this thread's in my favourites.
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

@NoodleLegs said:
    I think is is a beautiful thread because it's nice and polite and no one is criticizing the original poster for playing on PS4. Personally, I also play Spirit but I also want to be good at the Nurse. So, this thread's in my favourites.

Spirit is the main killer I play, however I’ve grown to love The Huntress as well. Raising the sensitivity has helped a lot. I would be trying Nurse but I’m currently in red ranks as killer and I don’t have Ruin on my Nurse so that’s just an easy way to get gen rushed and teabagged. I’m hoping whenever the optimization patch drops, it’ll help some of the issues with framedrops so it will make Nurse a little more viable and easier to play.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

I play a pretty m e a n nurse, you really just have to get the blinking down and use good addons. I would suggest the ones that decrease fatigue time like the pocket watch.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    I'm 5 pips away to get my Nurse to rank 1. Quite difficult to master her on console but not impossible.
    The addons i use are the ones which reduce the fatigue duration.
  • sadmuffins13
    sadmuffins13 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Literally posted something like this a couple days ago. All i got was a get good lol... Finding good people in this community is like finding a needle in a haystack. Good luck meg with the nurse!!
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

@MegMain98 said:
    I play on PS4 and I mainly play Spirit and Myers but I would love to get the hang of playing Nurse. I love the backstory to Nurse and she is easily the best killer but with a hard skill cap easily on console. I wanted to ask anybody who frequently plays Nurse for any tips that would help. It would be very much appreciated.

Use a keyboard and a mouse :)

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

Nurse is rough on console. I have her up to 25ish now mostly because I don't dedicate myself to playing her:

And that's the thing. Nurse isn't built around casual play, you have to dedicate yourself to learning her.

You are going to have to go through that training montage, practice blink drills, up your sensitivity, etc. One of the things that always helps me is watching other people play on twitch/youtube and analyze their play-styles and incorporate tricks I like into my own. Try finding some Nurse mains and watch how they play.

While some people will tell you not to camp because it "doesn't help you improve" Ill explain why: If you cant blink chase, track or otherwise harass your survivors you are only going to get that 1 kill at most. Survivors if they smell that you are a newbie nurse will just get that person of the hook anyway and you could end up not getting any kills at all. Camping just isnt good with nurse. Tele/proxy camping ... after you have learned how to properly use her power DOES work wonders.

Lastly, this is just an observation from me, I dont use any kind of tele-distance-themed addons. These seem to always screw up my timing, I try to play with out them.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

@sadmuffins13 said:
    NoodleLegs said:

Literally posted something like this a couple days ago. All i got was a get good lol... Finding good people in this community is like finding a needle in a haystack. Good luck meg with the nurse!!

More like finding a clean needle in a pile of used dull HIV and hepatitis covered junkie needles.

• Kherma
    Kherma Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The Nurse is awesome killer even on console! Survivors often think on console that it's going to be an easy match when there's Nurse against them. But it's everything else than easy for them, if you know how to handle the Nurse. ;)

You should start learning the Nurse when rank reset happens. You'll get more easier opponents than end of the season.

Learn her blink ranges and get bullied while you are learning. It's going to pay off.

When you get those easier opponents, you should learn how they try to juke you and how you could defeat their jukes.

At rank 10-20 these "jukes" are very common:

Survivors just keep running away from you <- Just keep blinking to catch them.

Survivors run towards you when you are charging a blink <- Do a short blink (aim to the ground) and accept your fatigue if necessary.

Your rank will get better at somepoint and you'll learn then how survivors play at lower ranks. There is more 360's and backtracking about everytime when LoS is lost. It's more predicting and mind games then.

Always you shouldn't blink. If a survivor is in a jungle gym, it's maybe easier to find him by walking than blink blindly.

Map knowledge is important too. You should know where is the pallets and windows. If a survivor is vaulting or dropping a pallet, he is stuck on that animation and it's a free hit for you.

Great perks on the Nurse: BBQ, Ruin, Bitter murmur, Make your choice, Shadowborn, Nurses calling, Deerstalker.

My rank 1 Nurse build is: BBQ, Pop goes to weasel, M&A/Shadowborn, Nurses calling/Ruin.

It's very hard to teach by writing what you should do in a different situations. You will learn when you just practice a lot. :) Hope i will get to meet your Nurse in a match someday.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Kherma said:
    The Nurse is awesome
    killer even on console! Survivors often think on console that it's going to be
    an easy match when there's Nurse against them. But it's everything else than
    easy for them, if you know how to handle the Nurse.
    ;)
    You should start learning the Nurse when rank
    reset happens. You'll get more easier opponents than end of the season.

Learn her blink ranges and get bullied while you
    are learning. It's going to pay off.

When you get those
    easier opponents, you should learn how they try to juke you and how you could
    defeat their jukes.

At rank 10-20 these "jukes" are very
    common:

Survivors just keep running away from you <-
    Just keep blinking to catch them.

Survivors run towards
    you when you are charging a blink <- Do a short blink (aim to the ground)
    and accept your fatigue if necessary.

Your rank will get better at somepoint and you'll learn then how survivors play at lower ranks. There is more 360's and backtracking about everytime when LoS is lost. It's more predicting and mind games then.

Always you shouldn't blink. If a survivor is in a
    jungle gym, it's maybe easier to find him by walking than blink blindly.

Map knowledge is
    important too. You should know where is the pallets and windows. If a survivor is
    vaulting or dropping a pallet, he is stuck on that animation and it's a free
    hit for you.

Great perks on the
    Nurse: BBQ, Ruin, Bitter murmur, Make your choice, Shadowborn, Nurses calling,
    Deerstalker.

My rank 1 Nurse build
    is: BBQ, Pop goes to weasel, M&A/Shadowborn, Nurses calling/Ruin.

It's very hard to teach by writing what you should do in a different situations. You will learn when you just practice a lot. :) Hope i will get to meet your Nurse in a match someday.

I’ve been killed by a Nurse maybe five times on console. I’ve been moried once (due to a farming Meg, what a shock right?). I gotta admit...when I hear it is a Nurse, I kinda do a sigh of relief knowing that she is a lot harder on console compared to PC. I don’t want to feel that way but until the optimization patch, she won’t be as viable as she is on PC.

Even saying all that, I did get a 4K as Nurse in purple ranks in a farm map which is an accomplishment honestly. It was a SWF group that was WAY too altruistic.

I’m really hoping I see Ruin in the bloodweb soon as Nurse because without Ruin, gens get done super quickly

Thanks to all the people who have given tips for playing Nurse. Hope I’ll meet you in a game as well. Maybe not as Nurse because it would be laughable easy for you 🤣