The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Your 'Guilty Pleasures' in DbD?

StarLost
StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

For me:

• Playing Scratched Mirror Myers. It's donkey poop, but dammit is it fun.
  • 'Red Stain' Doctor with Dark Devotion.
  • Blastmine.
  • Monitor+Shackles on Hag.

Yes, I basically enjoy jumpscaring people.

Comments

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443
    edited January 2022

Jumpscare clown

- Tinkerer

- STBFL

- Trail of Torment

- Dark Devotion

Fun because no one suspects clown to be jumpscare

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Trickster.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Bringing a toolbox, stacking charge add-ons on it and just sabotaging every hook I come across at the start of the match for some quick boldness points.

• legrosporc69
    legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250

When i want to piss people off i just camp and nod with bubba. I say gg wp in the chat and i let the salt begin i find that so fun i always laugh ofc if survivor dont react its boring but if they do damn its worth :)

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

I am a Boon: Circle of Healing Enjoyer.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Noed/Devour on any insta down killers, specifically Myers or Ghostface

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

I enjoy letting there be a "final girl" even though it's not always a girl.

The survivor that I feel suffered the most in the match, or the cutest (lookin at you Dwight) gets to live.

• StarLost

Ugh. Dwights.

Dwights, Aces and Ash's are my 'KOS' characters. When there's someone acting the fool, sulking or being BM - it's generally one of these three.

Devour actually works pretty well on these - if I recall, Otz used Devour on his Ghostface streak and it worked extremely well.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Double range Nurse. Almost as fun as old omega blink. Throw on bbq and lethal and you got yourself a good time.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

Playing Pyramidhead & landing Blind shots

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Playing Trapper. Or using Spies.

I once played Trapper with Spies, while streaming to a friend:

Me: Yeah, Spies ain't too good but-

*Spies pops*

Me: *Downs Survivor, hooks in basement* That's the most use I've ever got-

*Spies Pops*

Me: *Hooks Survivor #2 in Basement* Ok, so I got some valu-

*Spies pops* *Survivor #3 in basement*

Me: If they would just stop-

*Spies pops* *Survivor #4 in Basement*

Me: ....I like Spies.

Friend: Did you even place ONE trap?

Me: Yes...No? Yes...? No. No, I did not.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Blastmine/Flashbang. My favorite thing is to manage a Flashbang blind on a Freddy teleporting out of my gen and then sticking around nearby so I can hear the stun when he kicks my gen followed by lockers being opened/closed before he gives up and leaves. 😂

I can't help but goof off as killer. I tend to only kill if I have a challenge related to it. My favorite is playing as Ghostface and finding random spots to hide and mark survivors from, the way they scurry around trying to figure out where I am is hilarious.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Tombstone Myers, 4x endgame perk facecamp leatherface builds, left behind + key builds on survivor.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Stream Sniping.

Cheers for the free perma bbq.

• StarLost

HAHAHA.

Okay, I have to follow that up with one from tonight.

Queue into a 3man on Midwich as Scratched Mirror Myers.

Right off the bat - get several downs, just creeping in and going wild.

So they try to get smart, I come from the back and do it again.

Then they post one person as permanent lookout. I drop down from above and get them again.

Postgame:

'Dude, you gave me such a fright that I screamed, then my sister screamed, then my dog ran out of the room barking'.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

You know you done good when you scare people not even playing as Scratched Mirror Myers! 😁

• StarLost

I'll have moments like that as Wraith (with his iri and purp - RIP), Hag, Pig and a few others, but the aura reading on SM just makes it really easy to set up the really funny scares.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Look I liked playing BBB every once in awhile, not often but feeling the power and stupidity of tinkerer ruin and undying on blight could be fun every once in awhile.

• Etsuhara
    Etsuhara Member Posts: 52

Use Video tape on pig, chose a jigsaw box to stand in front of at the start of the game and let the gamble begin.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Gearhead will always be my go to gen tracking perk

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

Lightborn.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Sometimes, when I feel that I stress too much about playing killer, I load up my "Toxic show those survivors!" loadout, consisting of

Franklin's, Lightborn, Bamboozle and Mad Grit and just go ham, don't minding about kills or hooks, but just foiling as many survivor plans and schemes as possible.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    • I Prestige every time I get to level 50 so I can reset my stuff and see what I get from scratch. I like playing with whatever the bloodweb gives me and see how I do, it forces me to try perks and add-ons I might otherwise not consider.
    • Doctor’s “I want them to hear me coming” build. Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Overwhelming Presence, Coulrophopbia for instance. Sometimes Overcharge in there, maybe Startstruck if I get it unlocked on him. It’s just fun having a massive terror radius on Doctor. 😄
    • Builds with all five totems Hexed at the start of the match, such as Devour Hope, Haunted Grounds, Retribution and Undying. There’s lots of combos, but Haunted Ground adds that extra lit totem in the beginning so it’s kind of mandatory here (plus it’s really effective with survivors who cleanse and bless every hex they see)
    • The “Blind Me Bro” build. Lightborn, Enduring, Brutal Kick, Agitation for instance. Basically if they stun you with a pallet and go for a blind it’s pretty much a free hit since you break the pallet super fast and can see their aura if they try and run. Agitation is so that if they try and blind you while carrying someone you move faster than them and get a hit there. You can also replace Agitation with Fire Up or Spirit Fury if you want to break the pallets even faster, or replace Enduring with Mad Grit if you want to really go after people while carrying someone.
    • A little similar to above, I’ve beeb meaning to someday try a “Carry On My Wayward Son” build which focuses on things that happen while you carry survivors. Thrilling Tremors, Agitation, Mad Grit, Starstruck for example. So you down someone, carry them, get gen information and a bit of slowdown from Tremors, and if you have another survivor nearby get to chase and hit them with Starstruck potentially.
  • StarLost

If you want to try another 'wait, what exactly is happening?' build, run Plaything on Demogorgon with the Lighter and Cat addons. Basically, permanently blind, permanently oblivious survivors.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Yeah, I’ve messed around also with builds where most or all the perks make you Oblivious somehow. Last time I did that was on Pyramid Head and I can only imagine how creepy it is getting snuck up on by that guy! 😯

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

Does playing Trapper for the SOLE reason of hearing the leather sound effects count?

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Blast Mine for sure. It's not good, but damn is it satisfying.

I like playing Wraith, scaring people off gens, and then sitting next to the noisy gen and waiting for the survivor to turn around and come back to it so I can introduce myself. Same with sitting in front of exit gate switches or a hex totem I know someone saw. It's just so damn funny.

• StarLost

Ah Wraith...man what did they do to you?

These days, I'll only really play him with dual iri. Otherwise it's like trying to ice skate uphill.

• StarLost

Plaything is surprisingly good on Pyramid Butt. If he had better addons and his cages worked with BBQ, I'd probably play him a lot more.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

twins

• Synzicle
    Synzicle Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2022

playing gen kicking simulator because i know i'm going to lose to the SWF

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,926

I've really fallen in love with the Enduring + Uchiwa combo for Spirit.

Uchiwa is the Add-on which recharges Yamaoka's Haunting when stunned by a pallet. Combining it with Enduring and White Hair Ribbon (activation charge) can be really fun.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,926
  • Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

I recently had one of those. He had tinkerer and we were in a closed space in Midwich. I screamed so loud my cat ran out of the room.

Terrifies me, but it's funny as hell

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Victor slugging everybody hates it and complains after their pallets didnt kill him

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

Head-on makes me laugh every time. If they have iron maiden, I find it even funnier, not sure why.

But I'll try to use it and not do much else.