Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Deathslinger

So. I bought him. It's hard to play him because it's new for me in DbD to shot in someone (Huntress is not count). So I'd loke to know whan build on him is the best

Comments

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

What I bring when I play him.

Corrupt Intervention - for the early slowdown so you can find people before gens start popping.

Whispers - Good for finding survs again because if whispers is up, there's a survivor potentially in danger of your gun.

Monitor and Abuse - Even though DS got nerfed the TR reduction is still good.

Pop - For gen regression.

Cooldown addons.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I don't play him much after the nerf but I imagine corrupt/i'm all ears/save the best for last/monitor and abuse is still good on him.

You especially want save the best for last because having to wipe your gun and then also reload feels not great so making that faster is real good QoL thing.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 922

Cowboy just got recently nerfed and a lot of players no longer find him fun to play as anymore. He might have needed some nerfs, but what they did was overkill.

Save the Best For Last, Corrupt Intervention and Monitor and Abuse like the others above mentioned are good for him. The 3 perks I found best that might be his strongest now since they increased his terror radius that I run is BBQ, Agitation, Star Struck, and Scourge hook Pop. W/E it's called.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

Invest in perks that help with finding survivors such as Spies from the Shadow, Whisperers,. Zenshin Tactics can also help anticipate windows for shooting survivors for a hit, and pallets to know what loop you should expect and if you are able to drag them around it when shot. Deathslinger is less perk reliant and more demanding that you learn all his quirks, so you can very well invest in Gen Stalling perks if you need bonus time learning him in a match.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Anti W key perks are good, like Save the best for last. Brutal is a good alternative.

You really need to run corrupt 100% of the time.

Late 3 gen perks are good, so pop, agitation, pain resonance (if ur feeling lucky).

A good all round build is Corrupt, Save, Pop, Agi/BBQ/Lethal persuer.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I think Monitor and STBF are his best perks. Period. I run those with BBQ for points and Pain Resonance for passive slowdown.

Before MMR I used Whispers over gen regression.

He is nerfed, but I find him still competitive. Being that you are new to him, you won’t have to unlearn his ADS. Just get used to this one. What made him powerful before is still present. The hit-shoot-hit is still very viable.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2022

The build I like to use on him (but actually on most of my killers in this period) is BBQ, Deadlock, Jolt and Hex: Plaything. It's quite good since it provides passive slowdown and regression so you can focus on chases.

Little tip to help you harpoon survivors: when you're ready to shoot, wait a second. 99% of the time the survivor will try to juke, only after that you press the trigger.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Can’t say much for builds, but add-ons I say iridescent key and Warden keys are the best

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I like agitation starstruck on him or no way out and noed

Hes stil a good killer

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I like how somebody asks for advice on how to play a killer but then you get a ton of people that say "DON'T PLAY HIM HE GOT NERFED HE SUCKS NOW YOU WASTED YOUR MONEY." It's really sad people can't let other people enjoy a character.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032
  • IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

No one can help you.

We don’t know how you play, so we can’t recommend a build that works for you.

All you’ll get here are build suggestions that work for others, but perhaps not yourself.

Read the perk descriptions, analyze your own strengths and weaknesses…choose your own build accordingly. GL.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

Monitor + Save the Best is the best combo for him now. Slinger's biggest counter is maintening huge distance and these two together are very good at minimizing this counter. The other two slots can be whatever you want, possibly gen slowdown.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited January 2022

STBFL is must have imo, it's kinda last thing going for him compare to other ranged killers.

after new DMS change, you can try pain resonance, DMS, STBFL, Thrilling tremors / BBQ.

Alternative that I used was BBQ, STBFL, Pop, I'm all ears / A nurse's calling.

You might like him, but it's mainly because you haven't play him before nerf. He is not worst killer in dbd, but he is just less fun and more clumsy.... but gl

• Dramzar_Myers
    Dramzar_Myers Member Posts: 131

Thanks everyone for your advices :3

And he isn't nerfed in ground, as someone says. He is strong enough and fun to play)))

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

He's still good in the right hands. Just not as unfair as he was before.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

Now that Monitor is essential on him, I've started running Monitor+Pain Resonance/Surge/BBQ on the few occasions that I play nu-Slinger. Works fine enough. I really hope they throw him a bone in an upcoming patch, he feels terrible to play now compared to how he was before and they gave no meaningful compensation whatsoever. He even had a below-average kill rate.

I think bare minimum, his TR should be reverted to 24m and his ADS should be reduced to a middle ground - 0.3 seconds instead of 0.4. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it'd make him feel so much smoother. Then, you rework Monitor so that it is a 25% reduction to TR so it only reduces Slinger's TR to 18m. After that, do his add-on rework, and see how he stands.

• Pizzasauce
    Pizzasauce Member Posts: 940

Here's a few build's I've found through my research online:

-]STBFL/Devour Hope/M&A/POP

- BBQ/Ruin/Thana/DMS

-CI/ANurse'sCalling/SloppyButcher/M&A

-BBQ/POP/Tinkerer/STBFL

-CI/M&A/Undying/Devour Hope (Iridecent Coin/green keys add ons)

-BBQ/POP/CI/Plaything

-Tinkerer/BBQ/POP/STBFL

- Ruin/Tinkerer/Pop/BrutalStrength

-Discordance/Undying/CI/HauntedGround

-Starstruck/CI/Surge/ThrillingTremor

Hope that helps!

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

essentially the way you wanna play him after his nerf is that you use your gun to zone Survivors out and then attack them when they cant evade it.

preaim a pallet / window that they want to take so they are forced to not use it, then drop your aim and go after them on foot - repeat that until you are in M1 range.

and, of course, if they do take said pallet / window, shoot them out of it.

its a real shame how the Devs turned a high stakes Killer that rewarded you for quick reaction time and accuracy to someone that relies soley on zoning Survivors out. its just so boring - for both sides.

right now Deathslinger is but a shadow of the Killer he used to be. the best advise i can give anyone that is looking to play as him in his current state is: dont. go play Huntress instead, she outclasses him in literally every way and is significantly more fun to play as.