Do you think Blight is fun to VS? (go againts)

I think his base kit is fun. He is one of the best designed Killers. But still somehow these days I find it VS him more boring than fun. It might be because of a) offten see best add-ons (ring + speed add-ons) that makes him in my opinion too good / low counterplay, b) too offten seen in my games, c) top meta builds on him are boring to VS (tinkerer + ruin + undying + etc.)

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

Chases against him are almost always fun because you actually gotta do something other than holding W. He's very fair in chase while still being strong in chase. Not to mention his mobility makes him practically everywhere on the map.

You can use this same exact reasoning for Billy, other than the "strong in chase" part and the "almost" part because his chase is only decent in comparison to Blight and he's always fun to go against no matter what. Ruindying + Tinkerer and Alchemist's simply make Blight annoying to go against.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    edited January 2022

Out of all 4 killers I ever see past few months, he is the most fun to go against.

Too bad MMR killed variety otherwise he would be considered fun to go against by way more people than he does now. But theres only so much fun you can have when you go against same few killers over and over.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

I find him fun. I have gone up against some really good blights that were ttvs. I often lost but the matches were still fun to me

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Blight is fun to go against, even with Ruin+Undying and Tinkerer

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I do actually. Especially when they have some weird build you didn't expect.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465

sometimes

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

He's the best well designed the killer in the game has a lot of counter play and even his Techs can be countered by just leaving the loop. I wish I get more blights in my matches.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Hes only fun when the killer knows what they are doing otherwise most of the time its a sloppy joe that keeps missing their lunges

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

This isn't true its quite hilarious to watch a newbie run in to the same corner 3 times in a row or Just fly right past you.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

He's really fun to go against.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited January 2022

Guess I'll be the one to go against the grain here. I do not enjoy playing vs. Blight. His mobility combined with certain builds make it very difficult to survive in solo queue. Plus his lunge while rushing has some crazy reach. So many times I've thought I managed to dodge his attack, yet his hitbox still barely manages to clip me. A good Blight makes quite a powerful opponent.

Were it not for the anomaly that is Nurse, he would be the strongest Killer in the game without question.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

I do. I'm not one of those who only likes going against Blight when he's running a bad build, he's always fun to me.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768

No he's not fun to play against. After the first hook he instantly starts another chase, downs them in 5 seconds, then starts another chase.

SoloQ you can't even touch a generator because everyone is constantly on the floor, it's almost as bad as a Nurse game.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

As Blight main, it always brings fun and pleasure to play against him and test his limits. I dont care about his perks, its not what makes blight a beast

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933
    edited January 2022

He's a blast to go against when he's not using that busted build you mentioned. His basekit is 100% fine.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    edited January 2022

I absolutely despise Blight and wish he were removed from the game. No, not joking. No, I don't care how balanced you think he is. I hate him.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I find Blight fun to vs in swf, but not in solo q. I enjoy chases vs him, even with his busted add-ons but solo q survivors being your teammates is just annoying. He's too good in chase and his mobility makes short chases just extremely frustrating.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

He's definitely one of the most fun meta killers to face. I don't mind Blight's running blighted crow. However if their good and use alchemist ring/insta down + blighted crow then he suddenly becomes one of the most boring killers to face.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

yes and no, i agree 100% with OP.

basekit is fun, but most blights i go against dont use base kit blight lmfao.

also- i dont really mind ruin/undying/tinkerer, as long as they dont have speed/ring im fine with him.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Meta makes him a predictable bore, I can see fun in playing against if it's not a sweaty Iri1.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

I just find him boring. Blight to me is overrated in every way - in fun, in strength, in counterplay, in good design, in potential, etc. Blights I play against rarely win if I have a decent team unless they're an exploiting Blight, or have the full Ring+Crow+Ruin Undying Tinkerer build. He's also very boring and simple to go against in a chase. A lot of the time, you can entirely counter him by just going behind an object, and then reposition when he rushes past you or cancels his power. Unless he's got 180 degree 72838371 DPI flicks, that's where his power falls apart, and it's a very boring style of counterplay.

I realise this is an uncommon opinion and I don't expect many people to agree, but he's just really overrated in my opinion. Even with her being weakened now, I still think a good Spirit outperforms a non-exploiting Blight.

• Moplington
    Moplington Applicant Posts: 30

Without that broken build on him I'd say he's one of the very few fun killers to verse.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

I do unless it's one of those really good Blights that ends the game quickly. It's a bummer when you get a killer you enjoy playing against but the match ends quickly because they're so good and able to just kill everyone like it's nothing.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i think that depends a lot on his build.

basekit Blight is definitely fun, but a sweatlord Blight with Alchemist Ring and Ruin Undying Tinkerer BBQ is extremely boring IMO.

same goes when they start abusing exploits (dunno if there currently are any on him, but back when there were i got extremely annoyed / bored when they started abusing them)

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 925

With those 3 perks on he immediately switches from fun to frustrating sweat lord.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Not at all. Every blight uses the killer meta and exploits high mouse DPI settings so there is no counterplay.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

Base blight I love. Very fun killer to face and I wish we had more.

It's only when you start adding in Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer, Alch Ring, Blighted Crow, and/or exploits that his counterplay vanishes into thin air, solos become screwed the second they load in, and nothing is good in the world.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,307

No, I don't, but that is because I'm terrible at looping. I also don't like his design. I don't think hes overpowered though.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Blight is the second most balanced and well-designed killer in the game. So yeah.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

I hold a similiar sentiment to others as well

Normal Blight I feel like there's enough of a window to do things against if you know how his power works and where he can and cannot get hits. The problem is when you factor in the speed addons which in my opinion make reacting to his power almost impossible because he moves too fast

Alchemist ring is also a problem because it negates or minimalises the only window survivors have to make plays if they get hit

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Yeah, but it's not impossible to beat a Blight using those Perks

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

come on sluzzy. Have a look at history of change log. He cannot flick above 90 degree.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

He's really fun to go against, the issue is that he's probably the most common killer right now thanks to one specific addon.

I enjoy facing Huntress too on the odd occasion I play survivor - I just see too many of them and it gets boring.

I miss playing against Wraith and Cenobite. Those were legit fun games.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,010

I remember the most fun game I ever played with a Blight.

He was afk the entire match.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440
  • Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

No. He's very boring and sometimes annoying to play against.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Basekit Blight is really fun.

Ruin + Undying + Tinkerer Blight, incredibly boring

Alchemist's Ring Blight, pretty boring

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

From personal experience no. Just about every Blight I face runs the same build and add ons. They usually play like their life depends on it. Slug at 5 gens and bounce half way across the map just to stop the first gen when its tinkering.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I hate Blight. To me he's a snoozer.

I much prefer Spirit, Nurse and Twins.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,710

Yes

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

most blights I face run sweatiest builds with alchemist ring and crow combo which got stale and boring after a while to face everytime