DBD has more bugs than F13: The Game

The best part is that F13: The Game has been abandoned and it still looks gorgeous despite P2P network. DBD is just milestones behind it.

Comments

• some_guy1
    some_guy1 Member Posts: 694

does dbd have a bug that's exploited by cheaters to make lobbies have 20+ people? i dont think so

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551

Well it does have two killer lobbies. Which gets fixed and someone finds a way to do it again over the years lol.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I mean the F13 ones were full on broken. If you escaped with a key item that item was just gone and everyone else was screwed. Or if dropped it would float and nobody could pick it up. Dbd isn't perfect but it's a bit better than that

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

No just people who can hold the game hostage and stuffed with people who act like babies if they get caught doing it.

• CyberDragoon656

You do realize development for F13 was canned due to legal reasons right? If it got all squared beforehand I could see it being better than DBD cause it's not truly one-sided and had some better mechanics than DBD.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

You do know Friday 13th died a month after release?

Game was a flop with game breaking bugs. Check the steam charts.

DBD was beating this game in every way.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

If the game had been doing well and had been better received then the current IP owners might have allowed the developers to maintain their license after they won their lawsuit. That wasn’t the case though, the game got fairly weak reviews and sold far fewer copies than DbD did (something like half the sales in its first six months compared to DbDin its first six months).

• CyberDragoon656

yes the same could be said with dbd when if first came out but it was fixed however you can't just say that "oh the game is dead" without factoring in why that happened in the first place.

also tell me this if the game was fixed or at least where this game is now and didn't have the legal bullshit attached which would be seen as more of an enjoyable experience

and no dbd was not beating the game in every way cause I can tell you I would much rather have F13 counselors than DBD perk based pallette swap dress-up dolls and while not all jasons were made equal at least most can still be worth playing something that dbd cannot say for its killers atm.

• CyberDragoon656

I was more meaning the game would have been a much better experience than it was cause to be honest it did things better than dbd and could be more balanced too.

and honestly, right now both games are relatively similar now in terms of review scores.

• dugman

Dead by Daylight PC is 71 on Metacritic, Friday the 13th is 61. A 10 point difference isn’t insignificant.

• CyberDragoon656

for critic reviews yes its 71 and 61 user is 5.8 dbd and 6.1 for F13 im not saying that dbd sucks and is worse than F13 but I am saying there are some better features in F13 than dbd

• dugman

I’ll certainly take your word for it, never played it personally. 🤷‍♂️

• CyberDragoon656
    edited January 2022

It is buggy and has issues but the fact that counselors in that game have both strengths and weaknesses makes them much more desirable than dbd's palette swap dress up dolls cause 1 you actually have to make a team that isn't all the same people basically and 2 they are not overly reliant on perks to survive

• grayon444

Yes DBD was beating Friday the 13th in numbers.

And if the dev team behind Friday the 13th was passionate they would still be fixing bugs to this day.

But no they just left this game in the mud with its fans. The lawsuit prevented the devs from adding content but i did not prevent them from fixing the game.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Both sides agreed to allow more content into F13th the game. At that time the devs had already abandoned it to work on predator hunting grounds

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

DBD has also way more content and updates, the more you tamper with the code of any program the bigger the risk of making bugs.

• CyberDragoon656
    edited January 2022

So they won in numbers of sales (Even though now the average score for both is close to the same in reviews) big deal it still doesn't exclude the fact that F13 had better mechanics and was actually more balanced when things were said and done.

The game was also P2P connected which DBD suffered from until they got servers and as for passionate really the fact that F13 got actual people from the movies to help them sure as ######### seems better than DBD making all their licensed characters a complete joke nowadays.

I never said the game was flawless but Ignoring the fact that they did better mechanics and ideas than DBD shows if they had more time and money and not had to deal with the other stuff maybe it could have been better, yes maybe they got complacent and just wanted to leave the game but I don't know that and neither do you.

And as for the bugs and the last thing you said let me answer you with this if you are willing to blister the devs of F13 for bugs, saying they left it's fans high and dry basically and that they should have been able to fix the bugs either way what's BHVR's excuse then? (Reworking nurse after years of knowing she needed code fixed, broken maps that rely too much on rng, slow patches to survivor perks that are exploited meanwhile leaving killers nerfed as soon as something goes wrong, the entirety of the twins debut, almost every new chapter and update being showered by a new wave of more bug than fixes and much much more.)

• CyberDragoon656

better than most survivor models especially the RE ones.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

User points in something like DBD is meaningless, how many disgruntled Survivor and Killer mains have given 0 points because "that will teach BHVR for nerfing DS/Ruin!".

• CyberDragoon656
    edited January 2022

and most critics can't be trusted because of obvious reasons also there are a lot who say the game is fun but everything outside of the basic game sucks (I.E perks, grind, community, etc) and that last one is the biggest there are many, many people who have put a review up are being positive of gameplay but hate the community it spawned.

However I will also say while yes some may do what you said but I checked some of those reviews and to be honest most are quite true such as this one here:

Basically an example in how to structure an on-going game in such a way as to alienate new players and drive them away. The theme is fun for a while but the whole horror aspect quickly wears thin. The progression grinds are completely out of control. The microtransactions are predatory. The community wears toxicity as a badge of honour. The developers do nothing but release endless MTX content that you simply can't avoid buying if you actually want to enjoy yourself. Public queues are a flaming pile of rotten horse manure. Frustration is the only thing you're guaranteed to experience if you play this with randoms.

Custom Matches, on the other hand, are a breath of fresh air. The pressure to progress is lifted. Every perk and item is unlocked for everyone. The toxic community who taunt your every move and spam racial slurs in post-game chat on an hourly basis is locked out. The MTX suddenly seems a lot more reasonable now it's not associated with hundreds of hours of grinding per purchase. The action suddenly becomes fun! You and your friends will probably have a pretty good time if you spend a few hours together in voice chat, laughing and joking and just enjoying yourselves without the pressure to progress dogging your every move.

Which just goes to underline how completely the developers have mismanaged the public queues and progression systems. Never pay full price for this, and make sure you know people who have it because you don't ever EVER want to hit that "Ready" button with strangers.

• CyberDragoon656

And this one:

This game is best when you start playing it and you're noob. The best is when you're survivor and play against a noob killer because the game is actually fun, tense and fair. When you get to know the meta it starts to become frustrating. Here's what happens then:

Survivors complain killers are OP because they have insta-down power, can teleport/charge across the map, can camp, can know exactly where you are, have ruin/undying/tinkerer/pop (some of the bests perks of the game).

Killer complains survivors are OP because they loop perfectly, makes you loop the same big building like 3 times in a row before you can even hit them once, makes you eat pallet in the face every 10 steps, and finally hook a survivor after 3-4 gens are done already. All 4 of the survivors have decisive strike which allow them to get off the killer's grasp, or borrowed time which allows them to be hit without being injured X seconds after being saved from a hook, so essentially just stalling for even more times just so you have to chase those survivors even more, wasting you so much time in one single chase while all 5 gens pops.

I'm amazingly noob at this game, but I learned the meta by watching A LOT of killer/survivor streamers. I think the huge problem of this games are the perks. There is just too much now. A perk is essentially a passive, a power, you can equip. The thing is, this game allows the perk of one survivor/killer to be learned by other survivor/killers. Imagine how dumb it would be if in a moba, every single hero/champion/whatever could learn and use every single skill in the game? What would happen?

Of course, EVERYBODY would uses the same 4-8 most powerful skill regardless of character (best stun, damage, healing, CC skills and who cares about the rest. It's really what's happening with DBD. Survivor and killer running almost always the same powerful perks because 3/4 of all the perks are completely useless or obsolete. It's really hilarious. A new killer/survivor appears with their own new perks, and then the same old perks are used on them anyway. It's really dumb. I also think it causes hell for behaviour to balance the game.

The game has become unfun and repetitive. Get looped the same way every game, loop the killer the same way every game, use the same perks every game, cleanse the ruin/undying totem every game. I think behaviour needs to add new STUFF to do in the map beside throwing pallet on the killer and balance the game around it. It's never gonna happen. The game is 4 years old and too much people playing it still. Too much of a risk. Anyway, game's a real bore for me. I even got bored to hell watching the streamers.

• CyberDragoon656

And while yes some things for this one are obsolete the main body of it is true however.

• grayon444

I mean DBD is alive and Friday the 13th is dead.

So that alone gives you a better idea of which game was better.

Just because you think it was better doesnt mean that everyone agrees with you. Infact i dont even know why you are here if you think Friday is better. This game has 554 players which is enough for a lobby. So go play this game if you dont enjoy DBD.

• Phasmamain

The RE ones (barring Claire) all look great especially nemmy and Leon. While all the Jason’s in F13th look pretty good the counsellors all look awful especially Shelly and Chad

• grayon444

Their facial animations are all really bad. Its laughable lol.

• CyberDragoon656

oh really so you like Leon looking like an anime protagonist, nemesis using that god-awful re3 remake version of him and Chris having parted hair down the middle.

• Phasmamain

The Leon and nemmy model were directly taken from the remakes. And yes I think remake nemmy looks very solid

Compare this

To this

• CyberDragoon656

No, it doesn't mean it's better it's the only game of its kind now if you wanna spout out "this game is better cause it's still around " then that means EA sports games are better than DBD cause it has higher sales numbers and can even sell the same game twice to people even though we both know that's not true.

Like I said it was more about how they got the mechanics better than dbd I do not care for sales numbers and unlike what you keep posting about I am also not trying to defend a game by just spouting out nonsense. Am I to expect the same when VHS goes into early beta or Evil dead releases next month?

• CyberDragoon656

Ok for me yes when the leon and nemesis looked better than F13 counselors that haven't rendered yet. However, I am going to be real and say I hate the RE Chapters characters designs because its the remake

Like I said Leon might as well be a skin for trickster with how he looks, Chris does have some hair issues that I have seen myself and for nemesis.. you're telling me that instead of this

to this

I will admit I was wrong about the games graphics quality at times but then theres stuff like this as well

• Moplington
    Moplington Applicant Posts: 30

I think overall F13 is 10000x better than DBD. The only thing that really made me stop playing was I never had any free time to play it.

• Phasmamain

I agree that the resident evil chapter was trash but the characters looks are pretty spot on imo. Anyway it would’ve been way easier for bhvr to use the remake assets they were given as opposed to making new ones.

And don’t take this as me saying F13th is bad either honestly it does a lot of things better than dbd

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

f13 was revitalized by going free on xbox with games for gold