Does everyone have a killer they respect/don't respect over other

RakimSockem
RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

When I play survivor, I respect the hell out of a good Huntress. Huntress gameplay feels the most fair and when they do well, it's because of nothing but skill (typically).

On the contrary, the second I see a Trickster or a Doc, I'm like "ugh, why?" We got no skill brain dead knife thrower and I can't find people so let me use my automatic tracking device to compensate and I just find them both so low skill ceiling that I don't feel they deserve their wins XD

Can anyone relate?

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I respect anyone that plays Spirit and is good with her.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited January 2022

Pyramid Head and Spirit

Post edited by Tr1nity on
  • AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Gotta respect a demo player. They almost never play scummy.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

I respect good:

• Artists. This killer is very difficult to get the hang of.
    • Demogorgons. See above. He seems so simple on the surface but wow does he have a lot of complexity.
    • Cenobites.
    • Billys and Bubbas.
    • Pigs.
    • Wraiths.
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063
    edited January 2022

I really respect Billies who really use his chainsaw and get skillful hits, not just backrevs. Though in general I'm pretty easily whoaed at cool power plays, big brain trap spots, good mindgames, etc.

Any solid ranged or precision-shot-type killer who turns out to be on console gets a big round of applause from me. I don't know how they do it when the turn rate is so clunky.

I think the biggest immediate lack of respect I ever felt for a killer player was back at the start of my DBD career, when pre-nerf Freddy was a thing. They were always excruciating and boring games that took forever to either live or die out of, and he's not a killer that takes much cranial activity to play well. I got really sick of them when it was Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/Pop Swing Chains Freddy every third game.

I do feel that with Bubbas, but I need to see if he hard camps first or if he's just playing normally. Pre-nerf Freddy I just hated to face on principle; Bubba is more of a Schrodinger's Douchebag kind of situation.

• RakimSockem

I actually agree with this because Bubba is my 2nd favorite killer to play against IF he isn't facecamping people in basements on first hook with 4 gens left XD

But when a Bubba plays legit and chases everyone and actually engages with the whole team, those are some of my favorite matches.

I also forgot to mention Pig. I love Pig matches

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2022

I don't respect Hag or Ghostface. Nobody likes slowly crouching up to a hook or getting instadowned because of how inconsistent his reveal is. Hopefully that's included in his future changes.

• ElizaSteph
    ElizaSteph Member Posts: 106

I like huntresses but I tend to get really dodgy hits a lot, like around corners, through windows where I can’t even see them because they threw it from a wall behind the window, over boxes where my head is not sticking out etc. I don’t know if it’s just the hit boxes or connection but so many huntresses get some nasty shots, way more questionable hits than other killers imo. I can’t think of the last time a billy or plague hit me and I was like “wow that shouldn’t have counted,” but at least once per huntress game I have a “wow, uh huh ok” moment. I def think huntress takes a lot of skill and when I see a good one that hits some sick shots I’m really impressed, but I cannot stand those hatchets hitting me when my whole body is out of sight, or when I go left and they throw right and somehow I’m still injuried.

• ElizaSteph
    ElizaSteph Member Posts: 106

I don’t see many anymore, but when I do it’s usually the put-portal-with-add on-that-alerts-me-when-survivors-are-near-by and use it to camp my devour/noed/ruin. A smart play but boy does it make me rage lmfao.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I respect pretty much every killer the only that makes me cringe slightly is bubba just because he just feels so binary to me it's not at all interesting.

Did you bring bamboozle? If no go equip bamboozle. If yes survivor is probably going down.

meh.

• Ravenlord4711
    Ravenlord4711 Member Posts: 115

great nurse players but above all, pigs that let you boop the snoot.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Disrespect over choice of in-game character is incredibly inane and petty.

I respect people who've mastered very difficult characters additionally so (eg, Pinhead, Nurse, Blight, etc).

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Blight on console.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

You know what's brain dead? The way you talk about people who might happen to enjoy those killers.

Who put you in charge to decide who diserved their kills or not?

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Piggy that respect Boop the snoot!

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

You respect strong killer over weaker ones and you think their victory is easy? Wow

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Good Billys, Nurses, and Blights get my respect +

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Twins players because they put up with all the BS changes they received and still play them.

Hate Bubba's, find him to be a cheap no skill killer for insta downs in comparison to billy.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Respect anyone that plays with the bottom of the tier list killers.

I still detest Spirit and always will.

• Oiry
    Oiry Member Posts: 218

I always respect good Billys! They are incredibly hard to play for me and I guess I just respect people who possess skills I don't.

I respect Twins that are playing the midgame builds, not the early snowball slugging style. I know most people don't like Twins here, but I feel like she has a lot of counterplay (although hard to pull off in solo queues) and basically endless potential. Twins are one of the most underrated killers in the game and when I see one, I have great respect for those people. Also not to talk about all the BS hate and BS changes they are getting. I would probably try to main them, if not all this #########. Mad respect for the people who play them consistently

I respect good Oni's. I respect them and am terrified of them. Literally.

Good Huntresses. No need to elaborate on that one :3

I don't respect facecamping Freddies and wraiths. I am getting so many of them and by facecamping I mean literally the first hook, standing still right there.

I don't respect Wraiths in general. mindless bong-bong gameplay. Feels very dumb, basically. It's not their fault, to be fair, more like the design of the killer is too simple. Oh, well.

Bubba is a bit like the same.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Anyone who is really good with a low tier killer earns my respect

A sweaty nurse loses it

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I respect good Blights, Plague's, Pig's, Wraith's, and Demos.

I don't respect Bubba, Doctor, or Trickster. Most of them play really scummy and camp/tunnel/slug.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Nurse - Now you can argue about nurse ignoring mechanics or not, I'm honestly so over that argument. Ever since her nerf, I have found the majority of nurses easy to evade. No, I'm not flexing, I'm a casual, average player at best these days. Once you get used to her sound cues and the limitations of her blinks, add in some sneaky gameplay, and I can usually really make her work for her food. But a well practiced nurse? Oh boy, those players can make the idea of touching a gen or a team mate on a hook bloody terrifying! I rarely see her these days and a good nurse? Pretty much like finding gold amongst the gravel. But on those rare occasions one does turn up, I have the MOST fun, win or lose.

Billy - I have a lot of respect for those Billys that are freaking surgeons with that chainsaw. I've tried playing billy, and honestly, I likened the experience to 'Trying to push a supermarket trolley attached to the back end of a rhino'. Those Billy's take skill, and I'm honestly not even mad when one comes screeching around a corner, perfectly in time to turn me into meat sauce!

Huntress - Some of the hits from this big lass have been legendary. Nothing makes a bum pucker quite so much as the metallic 'TING' of a hatchet as it bounces off a generator mere millimeters from your face. Between close calls and those awkward moments where I was dumb enough and unlucky enough to hide in the wrong locker at the wrong time, I have a lot of love for the bunny amazon.

Honorable mention - Any pig who manages a genuine jumpscare by successfully pretending to be a survivor when you aren't quite paying attention.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,580

Anyone that currently has the stomach to play Freddy deserves my respect, as well as people from the old days that played him.

• RakimSockem

Oh my bad, i forgot people weren't allowed to have opinions anymore. The purpose of the thread is for people to discuss things that they personally respect or don't respect and no one is required to respect anything. In fact, you can scroll through the pages and see that many people don't respect Dead Hard, Slugging, Camping, CoH, etc. People are allowed to take issue with things based on preference

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    edited January 2022

I agree about Huntress. She requires time and skill to play well, and she just feels like a well-designed killer; simple yet effective. Also Demo, Hillbilly and Plague are all fun to go against and usually respect them.

Can't stand Bubba because 99% of the time they'll hook and camp (usually with Insidious). Had one before actually who I looped for 2 gens, and when I finally got hooked they proceeded to chainsaw me on the hook. 🤣 Sums it up really. His power is just a cheaper Hillbilly minus the map mobility.

I have a love/hate thing with Michael. He's really fun and scary to play against, especially if you're not running spine chill. But at the same time, I think some of his add-ons (Tombstone, Scratched Mirror etc) are ridiculous and are the least fun to go against as a survivor.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

I respect a PH who actually tries to go for trickshots through walls and loops. If I see a PH using their power only when there is an animation lock OR worse, they cancel their power altogether, I lose respect immediately.

A Huntress who tries to cross map someone will always be on my respect list.

Anyone who now plays Deathslinger deserves my respect, and most of the time they get actually good shots.

A Spirit who doesn't use MDR+DCB or MDR+Yakuyoke gets my respect.

Any Billy Player. And if they try to curve, I'll simp for them.

disrespect..

Legion.. I just can't take those seriously and I'll mend as soon as they hit me.