We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Thoughts on Hag?

She is one of my favorite killers. In my opinion her power design is almost perfect. While nurse is the killer that requires the most mechanical skill, hag is the killer that requires the most game knowledge and strategy. It's really sad to see a killer I like so much get barely be played. she's not even a bad killer, her gameplay is extremely unique, why does she have such a low pick rate?

Comments

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

She's slower than average and requires setup to get the most benefit. Simply put, others are just better at what she does in ways that are easier to work with.

• emodeshort
    emodeshort Member Posts: 180

I don't think she's boring, that's a matter of opinion. and I recommend you watch Michi's videos, he uses her traps in a creative way that demands more from the game Knowledge than "survivor may walk here"

• emodeshort
    emodeshort Member Posts: 180

Basic hag gameplay may look like that, but her power have so much more depth than just that

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Send a video of you only using her traps in creative ways. Basic rules, use a mic and explain each trap. You need to explain why you placed the trap and what your plan is with that trap. Do not teleport to traps that are triggered if you did not specifically plan for them to occur.

• BlighTown
    BlighTown Member Posts: 153

I rather face a Hag than a sweaty Nurse in every match.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Near perfect only change necessary is every trap within so and so meters vanish

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

Meh.. she's ok-ish. The problem is Just if people can't handle Camp/tunnel with her.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

Annoying to play against, much like Twins, I'm glad that there are few Hag mains

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Have you watched a Michi Hag video? He literally does what you're asking for all the time.

• erandomone
    erandomone Member Posts: 6

She was pretty fun to play while I was getting some experience under my belt, but eventually you get the SWF groups that'll just run through all your traps the moment you pick somebody up. Really does a number on your ability to exert continuous map pressure.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I love playing against a good Hag. I used to main her when I first started playing 3 or 4 years ago. I can’t really play her well anymore but I occasionally get a great game as her. One of my favorite plays was as a hag.

playing on a corn map and I had trapped the perimeter around the center shack. I was using a stealth build that included insidious. I was forcing a survivor out of the shack area after hitting them. As they left the shack, another survivor set off a trap about 15 meters outside the shack straight out of the doorway. It just so happened, i teleported, stopped, lost TR, and the survivor I hit had not realized their teammate set off that trap due to corn and as they stared behind themselves, I downed them. It was a merry time. It took about 4 or 5 seconds.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

She’s annoying AF to play against

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

I think is one of the strongests Killers in the whole game and promotes an incredible annoying way of playing (trapping hooks and proxy camping), luckily is super boring to play as so not many people play her.

In that regard she is like Twins, super obnoxius to play against but since they are so boring and cumbersome nobody plays them so they are not a problem.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709

I think hag is probably one of the most annoying killers to go against. She can camp from across the map and make every unhook a trade. If you run you trigger the trap and have to trade. If you crouch away you normally don't have enough time to make enough distance somewhere safe. She basically leaves everybody around the hook sitting ducks. As long as she has a trap somewhere she can be there the same time u are no matter the circumstance. That's my main issue with her.

She can also be frustrating when you have to loop somewhere that's trapped. You can't get rid of it without a flashlight or triggering the trap. Triggering it turns into a guessing game of if she's going to teleport or not. Which really doesn't have a counter other than guessing if they're going to teleport or not. I understand that it's her whole strength to shut down loops. But it doesn't feel good to play against.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,154

The camera grab will always be my favorite gimmick of her.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

This just my opinion, but I just hate facing her. Most players just camp hooks with her making it boring unless u have a flashlight. Combine that with the basic boring chase music (thank god they gave spirit something different) and it’s just not a killer I enjoy playing against. My sister loves playing with her though

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,919

Every killer requires some level of skill. Hag is a defensive killer. You have to be strategic about your web of traps and how to utilize them.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

My killer randomizer has gave me Hag 3 out of last 10 games and I am enjoying her. Have not used her much since my early days but what I love about her is the uniqueness of her add ons. Her and Mike are the perfect example of how killer add ons should be. Iri/purple are strong or alter their play. There are more than a few game altering add ons for both of them which keeps there gameplay more fresh.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

I think she appeals to a small fraction of players and she is a DLC character. People who play her fall into a similar line as Trapper players and this requires map knowledge, planing and set-up. Most people are into fast chases and M1 Killer gameplay (no offense, I also fall into this) and few like something like Hag.

Then there is the learning curve. Unless you want to camp a hook with your traps you have a pretty hard learning curve: Traps not triggering because you put them in the wrong place, Traps never being useful for the same reason, survivors disarming traps, survivors triggering traps while you carry somebody and many more. This takes time to get used to.

People who like to camp however pick Bubba. He is easier and more effective for that playstyle.

As such you just have very few Hags even if she is a very good Killer.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

My thoughts on Hag?

She's boring to play and boring to play against. But her playstyle is pretty interesting and unique

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Ok I'll try and restrain myself on this but..

Hag is a horrible, boring, unfun and badly designed killer imo. I would love to delete her from the game. I want CoH nerfed, but knowing it hurts Hag makes me happy it's OP in games vs her.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

She is boring to me but has a unique playstyle.

Playing againts her is pain usualy. Most hags also put 50 traps under and around hooks and they just proxi camp. Boooring.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Last time I played against her, she jump scared me around 5 times. Not sure if I consider that a great experience or a horrific one... But yeah, playing as her, shawty needs a better pov.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,022

Very annoying to go against, but she doesn't need any nerfs (other than a limitation for placing traps near hooked survivors and removing traps near a hook after hooking a survivor on that hook). Her add-ons are debatable though, particularly Mint Rag and Rusty Shackles.

Playing as her? Boring for me, but it's preference.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

With an SWF: Fine

Solo: Agony

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500

This post was clearly written by somebody that doesn't play much hag

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Personally hate playing her and against her for the same reasons. I like chasing and being chased which hag is not meant for. When played correctly she doesn't really chase except for to zone you into a trap and her chases don't go outside her web so as a killer I spend more time putting traps down then I do chasing and as a survivor I have to make the choice of play a boring game or go into a heavily stacked against me area to get any fun out of the match.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,224

It's a flavour-of-the-month thing. A good killer is left behind until a YouTuber turns around and goes "Oh, this works!", and then people flock to them.

She's a good killer, and whilst her traps are jump-scares, she is still a killer who can cause some Hell. Plus, she has one of the best Mori animations in the game. I'm never disappointed with it.

I don't play her currently, as I'm using Oni, Nurse and Nightmare currently, with Freddy being rather an oddity: Facing him it's not a very imposing or engaging game, but playing as him is fun as Hell!

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

She can be fun to play as at times. But it's really frustrating trying to counter loops with her if you haven't had time to set up traps.

As for playing against her, it's miserable.

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500

Well I mean if you never play a killer your obvs gonna have low mmr so I'd be shocked if you didn't 4k

Try and play a hag to max mmr (it really isn't that hard to hit the softcap despite everyone's claims) and face a squad that actually knows how to play vs here or a squad with 4 flashlights

It'll be almost like your playing with no power

Hag is only really strong against pototaes anyone that knows to trigger every trap you can while she's carrying to the hook or knows how to trigger traps on the edge and turn their camera around so you don't get a hit when you teleport make playing her a nightmare

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699

Top 5 or 6 killer for sure at A+

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,872

People really hate Hag but I don't mind her as she requires a totally different approach which is a refreshing change. Rarely see her these days so it means a lot of the newer players seem absolutely clueless as to how to counter her. So solo matches can get quite ugly as my team mates often get destroyed.

Chase Hag is the best Hag though and a basement camping Hag who sets every trap in a 10 meter radius (like a pleb) is the worst and I understand why people don't like that.

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544

hag and others such as plague blight twins freddy pig clown and executioner all are very strong killers but are outclassed and overshadowed by stronger or more interesting killers. for hag her only problem is her old reputation. hag players in blown-green ranks were notorious for camping tunneling and slugging like the twins were. now i haven't seen a hag camp in months but the hag players are stcuk with that steriotype of being dirty hex running hook camping tunnelers which isn't true. i find hag quite fun to go against/play but many people don't want to play a killer with such a bad reputation like bubba suffers from the same thing he is known for camping but not all actually camp but are treated differently because of the others. i think hag is a balanced killer like you said with a lot of stratagy if not the most involved in her kit which makes going against a hag hard because unless you play trapper or hag herself and know good spots for traps that the killer might use it's hard to counter and hag players are rare because of skill based matchmaking and it forces all hag players to ether the top of the leaderboard or the bottom and seeing a good hag player is so rare i have only gotten one good hag player in my entire year playing and a ton of not skilled ones. hag belongs on the top tier with nurse but not very many people play her so she is just that one killer that you forgot existed until you are playing against her.

however we love are hag mains

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Total rework needed. If not, traps immediately around a hooked survivor are disarmed among an unhook.

• Edilibs

Why does Hag need a rework when she already has decent counterplay? Are you a casual survivor because i feel like only casuals would say something like this. Im very competitive and want Hag to be left alone which isnt asking for much at all

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I deeply hate how her power promotes and rewards camping, and the main counter to her traps is crouching or an item you must be lucky to have.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

What is decent counterplay to requiring crouch walking everywhere? Apart from disarming traps in animation lock, you risk letting the killer teleport to you just to set another of her 10 infinite use traps in its place. Sure you can use a flashlight, but that's limited battery vs. an unlimited use power. Run Urban Evasion in the off chance the killer is Hag? Then crouch walk away from someone I just unhooked, leaving them hopeless to go down again?

Something tells me you are the casual survivor who maybe has never played against many Hags at higher level - if any. Also see the comment right below yours.

• Edilibs

Actually Hag is one of my high MMR killers, one of my mains and i catch wreck with her because im godlike and its the build i use with her. Every killer cant be the same and your acting like she doesnt have to respect pallets or force survivors to abandon them which takes up time. People cant complain about Hag but then say Nurse and Blight are fine, that doesnt make any sense..

As far as how good i am with survivor, im great at the game period so that means i perform very well on both sides, i just main killer because if something were on the line i'd go with that side. Hag makes survivors have to play really well and actually use they're brains and make better decisions in general in the game and people dont like that because outside of Nurse and Blight they want easy wins. They have a bad and or weaker type of mentality.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

I really enjoy her, but I understand why other people don't.

She's the ultimate snowball killer. If you can't apply pressure early, you are in for a bad time. Once the hooks start coming, she's a menace.

She requires a very different process of thought.

Rag is a perfect iri. Especially considering how worthless her other iri is (it's one of the few literally worse than an empty slot).

Shackles has much the same reasoning. It's powerful, but has a drawback.

Honestly, all killer addons, especially purples and pinks, should be around this level of power. Far too many are boring, rubbish or boring rubbish.

• Edilibs

Its a matter of opinion but you saying Rag is good but Waterlogged Shoe isnt? Actually Waterlogged Shoe is supposed to be paired with Scarred Hand so that shes body block so this is far from a "bad" Iri. Body block Hag isnt very good but not horrible

• StarLost

Bodyblocker Hag is awful. She's...mediocre on indoor maps and utter crap on any large outdoor maps. It's mostly a meme build and should be one brown addon with a BP boost attached to it (which is the standard for meme builds).

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

overrated, wrongly misplaced as S tier and a killer that doesn't require an ounce of skill. gets destroyed by boons as hags dont commit to chases. what's more to say.

• Edilibs
    edited January 2022

I never said Body Bloick Hag was good, i said that her Iri add-on isnt bad because of what you can do to it. If you really wanna get funky her Rag iri is worse because it has a 15 second cool down so you can miss potential downs. Body Block Hag (Waterlogged Shoe) is actually buffed after the a patch or two ago so its not as horrible as your making it sound.

Hag is not a S tier killer due to her counterplay but sits at the top of A+. Same for Huntress, as good as she is she isnt S tier because her chases arent that short

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Ew stinky

• StarLost

No, it's still pretty horrible. You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd. It's also really dull.

The Rag iri is a perfect iri. It changes up her gameplay, gives a powerful benefit but also a drawback - and some interesting decision making. More iris should be made along those lines (takes a sad look at Artist and Pyramid Head).

I'm not even sure Hag is at the top of A tier anymore. She's more like mid. The current meta is actually incredibly strong against Hag.

• StarLost

With the amount of money people have invested into this game, not to mention time - removing most of the killers would be anything but 'fair'.