Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is Fearmonger a meta perk?

It counters a lot of survivor perks such as aura perks like Object of Obsession and Bond or exhaustion perks like Sprint Burst and Dead Hard when they're injured.

Comments

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

It’s definitely annoying and hindering as a survivor. It has potential.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

Idk if I would say meta. But I've seen so many killers run it for some reason. That's not to say it doesn't have its uses. It helps with some perks like hook: pain resonance as the survivor no longer has the option to wait until they see the red outline of the survivor being hooked to let go of the gen

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Eh. It's okayish but people can just use it to 99 Sprint Burst instead because the Exhaustion duration is slightly too short. (eg, ~7-8 seconds would fix that). The buff definitely helped since it's not useless once a gen is past 50% progress or whatever it was though.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

Its a good empty perk slot filler, does something useful, and combos with a lot of perks. It just isn't very flashy or impactful as Ruin or Devour.

It IS however meta for new players by being one of the stronger universal killer perks, if not the best outright.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

The strength doesn't come from that fact that it exhausts you for that amount of time, but from the fact that it prevents people from being unable to recover from exhaustion while working on gens. If they want to recover their perks to use in chase, they can't be on gens.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

If Fearmonger caused obliviousness (too or instead) it would be hands down meta.

• Lawlichan
    Lawlichan Member Posts: 114

not meta but still good

• SuzuKR

I mean, yes, but what I stated is a problematic part of it still.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

For the first usage of Sprint Burst...

It pauses all existing Exhaustion timers.

• SuzuKR

Which only matters if there was over 7-8s or so of Exhaustion left when it was paused. Less than that and it lets them keep it 99'd without risking immediately losing it the second they get off the gen even if they don't want to use it cause of the 5s breathing room. This also lets them time and use it mid-chase thanks to it being a free way to 99 the perk. That is the problem, because there are situations the perk can be outright harmful.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I've been running it with blood echo and green pin on legion so folks stay injured for longer then five seconds. Otherwise it's hardly a hindrance.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

If they want to do nothing/walk around for 30 seconds after the chase ends to get it back without being on a gen, go nuts.

It also makes the perk substantially weaker after an unhook as they can't SB to a gen without repercussions.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Been seeing it in my solo q games frequently. So i will tell you how it effected me and leave the decision to you.

Out of the 8 or so games recently only one gm it was a nuisance for me. I was working a gen....noticed my exhaustion was about to end so I ran from the gen with my SB 99'nd. Completely forgot the 5 sec from FM had to run out first and got hit....Thats it one time it did anything and was my own ######### up.

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

annoying ass perk to deal with especially against a nurse, but otherwise, meh. i use dead hard rather than sprint burst so fearmonger doesn't really do anything. the blindness thing can be a pain in the arse if killer's using pain resonance too.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
  • Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 422

It's an alright perk but I don't usually run it because as a killer you don't really know if it's being any effective against the survivors. Like as a killer I can't tell who the perk is hindering and when so it's information I can't really take advantage of, it's just sorta there.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

If I was a newbie survivor I'd let go of the generator and hide as soon as I hear the terror radius. It does stop experienced survivors from just running around willy-nilly but that just means they've gotta walk for a second.

I think it just gives you the illusion of effectiveness because even if you get a survivor into chase while he's exhausted, all he has to do is walk for a second during a mind game and he's free from the effect. Sure it might prevent an immediate sprint burst but...

...it's rare I see sprint burst.

If you want to blind the survivors you'll probably want to run Hex: Third Seal. That can be nasty especially against survivors like me that aren't paying attention half the time. Where did that survivor get hooked?

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

It's not bad. Exhaustion is a pretty game changing status effect. I wouldn't say it's meta though.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896

They day this is considered a meta perk is the day stacking second chances gets gutted. Sure it's 5 seconds of exhaustion... or its also just a free 99'd sprint burst or walk as soon as you hear the tr and the exhaustion does nothing. As for bond and OoO.... yeah I haven't seen those perks in months since mmr released.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Mindbreaker

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I literally havent seen object of obsession since the nerf anymore in 1 single game xD

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

I think it is just that prominent because it is free now. Also the effect is pretty good. As such you now have free perk with a descent effect which means that you get to see it more. Just the way it should be.

I use it from time to time and like it. However it is not an auto-include for me.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

It is overrated. The most annoying part (and most value from this perk) is that blindness and you no longer recover while doing gens from exhaustion perks.

That 5s is really not a big deal. It is easy to wait out.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

The old use is gone but it's a good information perk, I like to pair it with Alert, Dark Sense and Iron Will. I really like new Object

• NotDBD
    NotDBD Member Posts: 182

I would say that it is definitely becoming more popular. For certain killers, it's a really good perk. Just the ability to block site does a lot of damage to solo teams. Still won't have as much on an effect if they are playing together.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Kind of. I've seen a lot of killers using it, but I don't think it's considered meta.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It's mildly annoying, but being 5 seconds means it's never enough to matter in most cases. It almost needs to be paired with another source of exhaustion to do anything. Not a fan of bringing a perk that is so easily played around.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

The best use I've seen is pairing it with Pain Resonance. Then Survivors can't tell exactly when you're hooking to let go of the gen (unless SWF). Not meta.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    edited January 2022

It's pretty Meta for anyone new to the game since you immediately have access to a strong perk that counters exhaustion.

I do think it's Meta on killers like Plague.