Why do we earn so few BP?

Options

Seriously. As much as I like this game, why is the grind so abysmal?

It just feels so outdated, like I get that it would have worked when the game was new and there was only a few characters,

but now? Absolutely no way. There’s too many characters and too many perks for the current system

It wouldn’t be so bad if there was only items and add ons in the bloodweb, but perks too? You have to absolutely sweat for an ungodly amount of time just to scrape enough BP together to unlock the optimal build for your preferred character. Then you start playing someone new and have to do it all over again :(

It needs a complete rework ASAP. maybe something like removing perk tiers, making all perks universal once a character is released, making unlocked teachables automatically appear in all other characters load outs ect. Anything is better than the current system

Comments

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942
    Options

I know this won't help a lot, but hopefully it gets you some stuff on your characters, new codes are available and blood rush event is coming out on the 14th

REVEALED for 100k Bloodpoints

59th39 for 59k Bloodpoints

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,363
    Options

Because you want all that cool stuff but it is too expensive. So you have to play the game a lot to get BP.

Companies want you to play their game all the time, especially online games. Become invested and buy cosmetics and so on. Business.

And as this game is Steam Platinum it seem to work pretty well.

• steamed_hamzzz
    steamed_hamzzz Member Posts: 247
    Options

Ive already redeemed the codes lol thanks though

also I feel like 1.5 or 2x blood points should just be standard now for everyone. There’s definitely enough characters and perks in the game to justify it

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,363
    Options

They could just lower the bloodweb prices by 30 to 50%. Would help greatly. But for some reason they don´t want to.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I’m on the other end of this topic. My grind is pretty much over. Everyone’s P3. The killers and survivors I enjoy most have all perks unlocked. It really wasn’t that bad to do (often finishing multiple prestige project during events like the one coming up) and I don’t know if this game would retain players interest if everything was just automatically unlocked.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331
    Options
  • Steel_Eyed
    Options

I’m devotion twelve currently. Funny how many other players I talk to who are devotion 12 too who just did not spend points the same way.

Really I finished prestiging all characters around devotion nine or ten. For context.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

But the grind has to feel good and once you hit a certain point you play a game and by like 4 things play another buy 4 things. The grind to reward is all off. Plus it's so random you can go from 1-50 and never get any good perks which feels like #########. The system definitely need another revisit.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options

I wanted to play Artist but had to play other killers to unlock the perks I needed, so I ended up playing very little on a weekly basis (not even daily, weekly). There are too many stupid teachables cluttering up the Bloodweb, including her own teachables which take up two perk slots on every Level 50 Bloodweb. By the time I finally got my perks unlocked on Artist, I lost interest in playing her.

The grind does not help keep players interested. At least, not all players.

• Steel_Eyed
    Options

There’s many roads to take with your message. I can say that my PC account greatly benefited from my experience on PS4. On PS4 I unlocked teachables from advise of friends. On PS4, when I decided to prestige, it was more difficult then it needed to be. From that experience, on PC I prestige one character at a time, targeting characters with the teachables I liked most.

It quickly led to having five, six, seven characters all P3 with the perks I liked most available (since I had so few teachables unlocked initially). Even if on my sixteenth character I wasn’t able to get a nice build while prestiging, I had at least ten that did. That could be used to level up each other and new characters.

You mentioned not having the right perks on Artist. When she came around, I had the right perks on 25 other killers to play around with if I wanted. Then eventually hit level fifty, burned all her puddings and streamers. Prestige. Rinse. Repeat.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,826
    Options

On Switch, it's much easier to Prestige characters because I have a lot fewer perks unlocked since I now know better which perks I do and don't use. However, I can't play killer on Switch. Can't. I've tried, I have, but it's just... unplayable. I can mindlessly grind with Blight by running into a wall over and over to get 8k BP per match while I watch a movie. If I try to do anything more than that, I'm just wasting my own time to get a couple thousand more when I could instead be in a new match getting a fresh 8k. I now only put BP into survivors on Switch.

Because PS4 is where I started playing, I unlocked a lot of perks that I was told were good, were necessary for this killer or that killer, which I found through my own experience I didn't like, but by then it was too late. I'm a lot more careful now, but the damage is done. I have to go through a ridiculous number of Bloodwebs to unlock the perks I actually use.

I'm at Devotion 19, I think? On PS4. Maybe beyond that, I can't remember if I reached the 20s. I got Artist, I wanted to play Artist. I was feeling burned out playing the other killers. Once I hit P3 it took hundreds of Bloodwebs to get what I wanted on her. That's a lot of BP when I want to play her and instead I'm having to play the killers I'm burned out on. (I tried playing her, too. She was [still is?] bugged, not earning BP for Brutality when she injured with her birds. That hurts.)

When a player is burned out and wants to play the new thing for a refreshing change, the grind gets in the way. Like I said, now that she has the perks unlocked, I don't want to play at all anymore. I played survivor the other day for a few hours but that's pretty much the only time I've played in the past few weeks other than a couple random daily challenges.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

they need to remove perk tiers, this is the biggest culprit behind grind walls

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68
    Options

I be happy with just removing the bp cap. It's so pointless. I'd probably have over 100,000,000 bp saved up right now if it wasn't for that cap

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    Options

I'm pretty sure someone posted here last night with 4,000 hours played and they only had 3 characters P3 all perks. That level of grind is just obscene no matter how you slice it. There are 55 characters in the game.

I think thats the point NOW so you can't just P3 all perks a new survivor/killer immediately on release, but originally the BP was capped because hackers were giving themselves like 300 million BP and other crazy numbers to bypass the original blood web.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,276
    Options

I understand the bloodpoint cap is there for hackers, but can we at least up it a couple million to like 3 million?

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13 Member Posts: 177
    Options

Maybe if they removed some of the more useless filler items like fog density. No, I don't need 3 of these in one bloodweb.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Honestly, the BP gain is alright, perhaps what I would even consider "good" as a Barbecue lover. However, the real issue is that the grind gets exponentially worse every time they add new characters, and they refuse to address it. They say they are working on it, but fam... It is pretty obvious they have no intention of just reducing the grind as they would have otherwise done it as they said they would.

Instead, we are just getting reworked prestige which I suppose will technically be better, but no ETA on that.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

I agree the grind needs to be lessened in some way. I don't care how they do it. What I disagree with is people saying that the grind is what keeps people coming back or continuing to play consistently.

I play it because I enjoy the different killers and survivors, and facing off against my favorite killers or playing as them. I also like playing focused and fun builds. I like playing different killers each match, trying different builds and seeing how they work. Grinding this much actually hinders my ability to do that. I don't want to play just one or two killers for months until I get enough perks on other killers to start actually doing fun things with them. Or playing killers that have a bunch of mismatched perks that don't compliment each other as I try and grind better perks on them.

The grind actually makes me want to play less because I don't feel like me playing is really amounting to much, there's no rewarding feeling to it.

• BlighTown
    BlighTown Member Posts: 153
    edited January 2022
    Options

100% agreed. Why the hell do we still have this bloodpoint system when it's completely outdated? We get new survivors and killers, and soon we get the Ringu chapter. Can you believe how much bloodpoints you have to earn to get them all to lvl 50 and get all the perks for every single survivor and killer? It's crazy. And if you're a masochist, you would prestige them to max.

• ImBrakingBike
    ImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454
    Options

That's exactly what I am. I'm prestiging characters I'll never use. But it feels so good when you see them P3 lvl 50 with all perks :(

I love/hate the grind

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

There's a big, big wiggle room between "everything is unlocked" and "your first 150 levels don't count and getting perks you want is pure RNG".

I've done one P3, since I explicitly set out to do that first when I unlocked the character and saved up 1 mil before (and at the end of each level 50). Plus getting lucky with BBQ. On the objective front, not so bad, I guess? But now I'm trying to unlock perks and whoops there goes any sense of progression, I'm just getting jank I don't need and hoping what I do want shows up so I can try new builds.

The only other Killer I play much of, I don't want to prestige because of how many things I already unlocked on them.

Prestige being more penalising the longer you've played a character is dumb, and the way perks work is ridiculous. Unlock teachables on character, then do dozens and dozens of levels as you pray to RNG to get the toys you want and have already bought/unlocked.

As for maths, to P3 a Killer and get all teachables unlocked it's: 150 levels for prestige, 50 levels to get back to 50 (and optimally get 60 perk levels), which leaves 210 perk levels to go, or another 105 full level 50 bloodwebs. 305 levels per Killer, 26 Killers, or 5330 levels total. Every new Killer update adds 3 perks with 6 levels, which is optimally 3 levels (though with how it eats them, maybe it's going to be anything up to 6), which is another 78 levels. And 308 for the new Killer. And the time after, it'll be 81 levels, plus 311 for the new Killer. This is a Bloodweb taking like, 70k BP a pop? So that's 5 mil BP just in new update perks, never mind the cost of getting to that point.

Survivors need 121 bloodweb levels after P3 50, for 321 levels per Survivor, 29 Survivors, for over 9000 levels, so... yeah.

This is ridiculous and it makes full build customisation a thing apparently reserved for streamers or people who do nothing else, no matter how many teachables you unlock or DLC you buy. Very fun. /s