The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is it the matchmaking's fault or you were just bad?

Myla
Myla Member Posts: 1,551
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

Unpopular opinion I think you were just bad that trial and plenty of things you could have done better but it's easier to blame a known target in the community instead of self improving. I agree that the game has problems but you know just a reminder that Flashlight topic on reddit? That's how the average player plays like.

Also I think it should be mandatory that people post their gameplay of their prime example of an unfair trial is before ranting about matches otherwise I am very skeptical.

:^)

Comments

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768

Sorry I don't read reddit

• Myla

I don't but it's a Scott Jund video.

That's the average player ranting about things in the game imo.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520

The matchmaker's job is to generate an even contest, if you lose badly the matchmaker failed, if you win easily the matchmaker failed.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

But then they wouldn't be able to deactivate SBMMR in times of too long queues like they did when more than half the survivor and killer population sat in red ranks and rainbow lobbies were a frequent thing. /S

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

That's why it would be personal (private) info. You still wouldn't know that often. You can ask them in end game chat, but that doesn't mean they will tell you real MMR, or they don't care.

• burt0r
    edited January 2022

But what good would be seeing only your personal MMR value without comparison to your opponents, at least in respect to this threads topic.

Just your own MMR wouldn't have any information value to this in regard if you played bad/good or your opponents being of higher/lower MMR.

• Dino7281

Main reason why I would want it this way is because there is higher chance it might happen. They are not going to show it instead of grades.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

There's only so much I can do as Blight, a Killer I haven't played since September gets put up against a 4-man built to kill me.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

I am bad at killer, and i still get matched up with red rank sweat squads on the rare occasions I actually play it (usually due to getting 20 killer dailies in a row and giving in.) Meanwhile I regularly do well as survivor, yet get paired with people who ragequit or sandbag constantly.

The matchmaking is awful.

• burt0r

And in my eyes it would be useless. Without been given any form of high or low limit or other information for comparison, seeing the MMR number by itself is meaningless.

• Dino7281

Not really.

Your killers have different MMRs, your survivor have different MMR. You could compare and setup goals where you want to get. We just have different approach.

I don't care about what opponents I got, if that game was really weird I could just ask them, but system is just doing it's best.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

Me, with over 3.1k hours on my main account, having consistently being rank 1 for years and staying there for most of the season, being matched with sub-300 players convinced self-care and urban evasion are a savior, who runs the killer for 140 seconds before going down to the tune of 0 generators being completed and then goes immidiately into second stage because nobody saves.

Sorry, I think that's a matchmaking issue

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I am bad at survivor, genuinely, I am not afraid to admit it. However? Come on, fam. You really think I am THAT bad, I am allergic to gens, refuse to save while the killer is chasing someone and I am 15 feet away from the hook, and can only run a killer for 3 seconds? Nah. Like, I am below average at survivor, surely, but some of this stuff becomes less about skill and more about having a functional brain and the matchmaker is lowkey savage placing me with those clowns.

• Myla
    edited January 2022

I don't know what kind of scuffed matchmaking you're getting at your region but I've been taking screenshots of most of my matches(If I don't forget about it) and not a single Urban evasion self care combo at high rank. Out of 41 games. Lots of self care though but most are still 3-4 man escapes.

You specifically remembering one bad match doesn't mean that's a regular thing lol. That's like a lot of killer crying about navy seals SWF when prior to the match they'd probably been winning left and right then only remembered that one stacked match

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’m not sure why they bother still showing opponents’ grades at this point. They’re basically meaningless, especially after a reset. One of the devs asked the forums a month or two ago if people though the opponents’ grades should be removed and I think it was pretty much a unanimous reply that they should. I assume he put it on his to-do list of things to look into with the team but who knows if he’s actively working on it or if the idea got nixed for some reason?

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I'm just bad. If I somehow gain victory over you it was a fluke.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

We all go in and out of potato. Seriously, with the amount of killer I play, the mistakes that I find myself dealing with are just surprising.

• Dino7281
    edited January 2022

Hey, grades are 100% useless info and it just confuses new players who don't know how MMR works. I wouldn't really care if it was account info only thing too, it's basically Player level 2.0, but it's just per month instead... One is for Shards and one is for BP, it would kinda make sense for both be private info.

The fact that you can see it in lobby is just a relic of the past.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

That's literally most of my matches in solo, because the system is trash and ranks people on escapes and nothing else.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

I mean thatd be the case in a balanced game.

Sadly there are so many factors that can result in a loss simply down to the RNG in the map.

Can people play bad? Sure, but that's not the only issue.

Its human to make mistakes and alot of the game is guess work for the killer, even T&L is a 50/50 guess if they will vault or not. But survivors are able to make alot more mistakes than a killer and can still win.

But we balance for kills and escapes... that's a joke of a balancing point as it has nothing to do with skill.

Too many factors impact the game and alot of them arent in the control of a killer

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,560

I’m by no means a good survivor, but I refuse to believe I am as bad as <20h bad.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

I mean you can just message the person and ask if they're on the same platform as you.