Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Generators: kicking vs tapping

Anyone else feels it’s a bit unfair that killers have to compete the full ‘damage generator’ action to start the regression yet a survivor can stop all that by tapping the button?

Right now unless you have ‘Pop Goes The Weasel’ it’s pretty pointless kicking a gen, especially if you know there’s more survivors in the area just waiting to tap it once your back is turned

I think to make it fair, if a survivor wants to stop a regressing generator that’s previously been kicked they should need to hold the repair button the same length of time it takes a killer to kick, this would stop survivors briefly pausing mid chase to tap one, now they’d either have to commit to the action and risk getting hit, or continue running away and letting the gen slowly regress

Obviously this wouldn’t apply to Hex: Ruin as that would be too much, only stopping a kicked gen should apply this effect

Comments

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Honestly, the Survivors should need to hit 2 Good or 1 Great skillcheck to stop regression.

But until it's stopped; it will resume if the Survivor(s) leave the gen before those skillchecks. Which means Killers can chase Survivors off gens.

It also means they can't tap in 1/60th of a second (aka; 1 frame of animation)

• BlighTown
    BlighTown Member Posts: 153

It could be fixed if they know how to code a 5 seconds repair rule to prevent survivors from tapping gens.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,956

how about whenever they start a gen they need to hit a very easy to hit skill check

• MaxFiGuy
    MaxFiGuy Member Posts: 56

Last time I heard discussion about this kind of problem was like...July 2021? A lot of players thought that a base instant regression from kicking a generator was needed due to the problem that you mentioned of survivors being able to tap a generator. But yes, a lot of players already like a change in the kicking mechanic. This is my first time on the forums in like 3 months. I uninstalled a month ago after not playing for 2 months. You guys got some more bloodpoints now, I guess.

• Puddles
    Puddles Member Posts: 95

I also agree that a 5 seconds repair to interrupt the regression should be required.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I would've said Overcharge... but that doesn't work all that much (cause of an issue with the perk not working right)

I would say increasing the base regression would help.... but not all that much (cause of Gen Tapping)

The base game mechanics need an overhaul... AKA a recode (but that probably won't happen)

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

That'd be cool if I couldn't go an entire generator without seeing a skillcheck.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190

hate to be the downer here but people have been saying this since the beta iirc, honestly who knows if the devs will ever make the change, all we ever hear about things like this is a passing comment once a year

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454

Dragon's Grip has entered the chat JK yeah that perks sucks lol

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I honestly don't care. Just don't kick gens unless it is viable to do so and it is mostly a non-issue.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

You know how when you miss a skillcheck you don't progress anymore for about 3 seconds?

Wish that regressing gens had this. 3 seconds to stop tge regression and progress can be made again

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060

Just make it so they need to be on the gen for as long as the killer kick animation is to stop regression. That's what...3 seconds?

No more tapping in chase with no consequences.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Ye I also made an post exactly like that xD I thought about this already over a year ago but well seems like the devs think its not that unfair for some reason.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

I kick a gen once every 80 seconds or so with Oppression and that's it.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t care that much about tapping balance wise, I do think it looks really silly though when someone is being chase by a killer and they do an instant touch on it and the gen is stabilized. It would just look and feel way better if the survivors had to actually stop moving and do a 1-2 second animation on the generator to stabilize it.