Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Solo Survivors are Generally not Aggressive Enough

km66
km66 Member Posts: 111

Just my experience as a solo survivor. My teammates are either healing, hiding, searching for all the chests, rather than focusing on generators. That is probably 70-80 percent of why we die in matches, because survivors are basically not doing the main objective, i.e. generators. Other reasons: survivors often lead the killer to generators that are close to being completed or continue to go down near generators being worked on; or two survivors go down next to each other and it makes saving them more difficult. The list goes on...

I feel like there are some very fundamental strategies to this game and a lot of the solo's I get stuck with just don't get it.

Rant over.

Comments

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792

Okay, and? What's the point of your rant? Do you feel like every survivor will come here, read what you have to say and then change their playstyle?

You have basically 2 choices here:

1. Complain about solo queue, which is like old man screaming at the sky.
    2. Join SWF.
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Because some solo survivors find the game more fun just healing, searching chests, breaking totems and hiding from the killer all match then doing gens.

It's what they find fun it's how they enjoy the game.

• Hex_swf_u_hate
    Hex_swf_u_hate Member Posts: 10

I experience that all the time and is why I try to only SWF now. I can't stand dying on my first hook because the rest if my team is crouch walking around the map doing unnecessary side objectives ie searching chests or breaking dull totems.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

thats what killers like survivors doing nothing productive all game, wich basically hurts the entire team, and creates more SWF because is infuriating to play Solo Q, way more than killer, and i have MANY hours in my account to back up this, as killer i never feel as frustrated as playing Solo Q not even close.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

It's easier to make sacrifices when you have no emotional attachment to a strangers well being.

Why risk it all to somebody who might not even entertain the notion of returning the favor? The games MMR system rewards this mentality.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

I'm sorry if the first post on your thread literally resume what a lot of people think about solo surv.. I only play solo and I can feel you but truth be told...

Solo's exist in this game Just as a way to alleviate the Killer's MMR when they get destroyed by SWF'S and that's it.

I used to play on red ranks but ever since MMR came out the quality of my teammates decreased by a lot, and even if YOU do good in a match the others won't and it's Just like that: safety pip as always. I never reached red ranks again ever since this New MMR system cause I don't play a lot, I always reach Gold in this system, and I want it the new 1 Million BP's but I know for sure I'll never get It as a solo and playing sporadically.

• km66
    km66 Member Posts: 111

I used to be in red and purple ranks too. Now I have no idea what my rank is and I honestly don’t care about it anymore. Most matches in solo are a waste of time.

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454

SWFs also make it fun for the soloq survivor. If you're very lucky they'll unhook you end game or take aggro when you're being tunnelled all game, but usually will sandbag or leave you to die to make sure their buddies get out.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

doing gens is boring, i want to flashbang people

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190

it depends, I've had games where survivors do absolutely nothing and I finish 3 gens solo before anyone does 1, even if nobody goes down

then i have games where the killer gets bodied and all 5 gens finish in 3 minutes

supposedly there is matchmaking in this game

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225
    edited January 2022

More specifically, survivors are often not intelligently aggressive. They'll not push when they should, stay on gens too long when they can't possibly finish them in time, double/triple up on gens in a 3v1, etc.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Escape Based Matchmaking at its finest. They lead the killer to other survivors intentionally, to lose him and have a higher chance of escaping themselves. They are not aggressive intentionally, for the same reason.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

I mean that happened before MMR at red ranks too. But really, it's just not that beneficial to take chases as a solo survivor.

The killer always wins a chase, and your reward for running them too long is probably getting tunneled to death.

Me? I only care about myself in solo Q so the killer tunneling me all game and getting 3 man outed while I die is a bad result. I have a totally different mindset for a SWF, where that would be a win. But solo? It's a loss.

Play immersed, slam gens, save only when it's convenient for you. That's how you actually consistently survive in solo Q. Going down with the team every time is a great way to die a whole lot.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

as someone else said the solution really is get in a swf or die in solo queue

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

Wish I could feel that way however with the solo experience I know exactly what I'm going to get...and it isn't good.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

You would be probably surprised how many of those "sweaty swf genrush teams" are actually just 4 sweaty solos