would you rather see stidor reworked or iron will changes reverted

Options

stridor was already only used on spirit then they changed IW which fair enough spirit players that thought they were good because of old stridor shouldn't have had such an ez time but now spirit has been changed and stridor is literally obsolete if you aren't doing nurse adept, so would you rather see stridor reworked or the IW change reverted?

Comments

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Stridor reverted and make sounds during Spirit's phase to be locked to a specific value, regardless of perk modifiers.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Yeah Spirit was the problem so if it was changed to not work on Spirit somehow it would be fine to revert. The perk is pretty much useless now but I am glad to not see Stridor Spirit at the same time, as that was NOT fun

• PsychoTron
    PsychoTron Member Posts: 348
    Options

reverted. a survivor perk shouldn't trump a killer perk; there are 4 survivors = 16 perks, and only 1 killer = 4 perks. doesn't make sense.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I’d like to see Iron Will 3 changed to 90% instead of 100% reduction. It would still give a large sound reduction but by being under 100% would allow for Stridor to amplify it a bit.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

Stridor is fine as is.

Iron Will should be 75% like Current No Mither. (as the values are multiplicative now, that would make Stridor 37.5% against IW users)

Also, No Mither should be 100%. I mean, the perk is already Hard Mode. It being 100% instead of IW would be justified.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

Wrong. It was changed because of systemic consistency. Stridor was trumping perks like Self-Preservation and Bite The Bullet when it wasn't supposed to. Spirit had nothing to do with it.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I think Stridor needs completely reworked. It's basically useless now and even before it got nerfed it wasn't that useful.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,618
    Options

I would rework Stridor entirely. It was a Perk which was only used on one Killer. I mean, you could use it on any Killer, but I have never seen it used on any other Killer than Spirit, aside from Adept-Nurse. And a Perk which is only used on one Killer is not really good to begin with.

It should get a new effect which makes it worth using on more than one Killer.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

They did not nerf Stridor because of Iron Will. Stridor worked against Self-Preservation, Bite the Bullet but both perks makes survivor quite 100%. But Stridor countered both perks and this never planned like this. So they did not know how to fix this issue or maybe it needed so much work. So nerfing Stridor was easy way. And here we are.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416
    Options

Honestly, I just want killer add-ons to be additive, so they have an effect.

Stridor vs. Iron Will doesn't bother me too much, but I wouldn't say no to a change or two to Stridor to make it more interactive.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 606
    Options

I would love to see Stridor reworked entirely, and already have an idea I'd love to see.

STRIDOR

You are acutely sensitive to the breathing of your prey.

Any survivor within 12/24/36 meters of your location will trigger a loud noise notification when they perform the following actions:

Slow vaulting windows, pallets.

Entering lockers.

Picking up pallets.

Falling from heights.

Stridor has a cooldown of 20 seconds.

This would make Stridor useful as a tracking perk, and would still make sense with the name and description of the perk. Essentially anything that would cause a survivor to breathe heavier for a few moments would trigger it, and would make it as fairly decent perk for tracking stealthier survivors. How would you all feel about this change to make Stridor not completely countered by Iron Will while also still making it a somewhat decent tracking perk for survivors that tend to hide?

Cooldown could be modified probably, but it would be a really decent tracking perk for stealthier survivors.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

It should be reworked, even before the changes the only killer who ever used Stridor was Spirit. Changing the interaction with Iron Will would only take it back to that same bad state.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Revert it as there never should have been a buff to an already meta perk.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190
    Options

Stridor was never the problem, it was Spirit that was the problem

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,073
    Options

I would rather see Iron Will nerfed to not be a unconditional 100% silence while injured.

BHVR has added perks that do silence your sounds to 100% + other benefits for a duration, but they just don't compete against Iron Will since Iron Will already silence your sounds to 100% and the other benefits while nice aren't important enough.