Switch Cross Progression

Options

Anyone else super let down that the epic store is going to have cross progression off the bat but we are still waiting on it for the switch? I’ve been playing for a year now and initially bought the game on switch because I figured when I switched to PC(when I got one) I would be able to share my stuff. Here we are with still no end in sight on the wait, just want to see if it’s just me.

Comments

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 893
    Options

I was told it was not happening anymore. But people lie so maybe a mod will correct me on that lol

• minheinhtet
    minheinhtet Member Posts: 4
    Options

I was waiting for that switch cross progression but at this point, I don't think it's gonna happen anymore.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,534
    Options

We have made an announcement a little while ago about the current situation with regards to Switch cross progression

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/293817/switch-cross-progression-update#latest

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 666
    Options

How is Switch even able to run a game like this? Isn't it basically just a glorified hand held game system?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Due to technical aspects beyond our control, transferring DLC between all platforms has not been possible

This sounds quite final. The announcement ends with "thanks for your patience," but the "has not been possible" part makes it sound like no amount of patience will be rewarded.

I'm sure a lot of people, and this includes me, bought the Stranger Things DLC and cosmetics on the Switch because cross-progression had been guaranteed, but now we all spent a hell of a lot of money for irreplaceable content on a barely playable platform.

Words can't express how not okay this is. With each new chapter that comes out I just hope that's not the chapter that makes the game completely unplayable on Switch, but it's only a matter of time. And when it finally dies, so will my access to the Stranger Things content. It's extremely frustrating because I did the right thing with the information BHVR had given us and then mere days after making the purchases this news comes out. If this cross-progression news had been released before announcing Stranger Things was leaving, I would've made different choices.

I only ever bought DbD on Switch because cross-progression had a set date and it was days away at the time, so I could grind on the go but have actual fun playing it when I got back home to my PC. But the actual fun part never came and possibly never will, now. What I and the other Switch players have is a dark, low-fps, stuttering mess. You know I only play half the game on Switch? I cannot play killer, it is miserable to attempt killer on the Switch.

It's my Stranger Things content being locked to a platform that barely works that has me so, so frustrated, though.

(I'm not so ignorant that I'm mad at the mods on the forums. I'm just mad that the game was ever released on Switch, really, because it shouldn't have been. The forums are where I can express that.)

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,534
    Options

I understand that you're frustration is not at anyone here, that's ok. I will pass your comments back to the team.

• ceecee
    ceecee Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hi Mandy,

I'm in the same boat as other posters here. I started on switch and bought the PC version. I re-bought all the DLCs, and at this point would just love to be able to transfer my cosmetics since I spent a LOT of money on auric cells during the pandemic (I had a lot of free time, okayyy). While I would love to have character progression transfer, I would honestly just be happy to link my character cosmetics at this point. Is BHVR considering any solutions for this type of transfer? I would be perfectly happy to link my accounts just to have those items on my PC, and I assume I am not the only person who shares this sentiment. Sort of a pre-cross progression solution. Could you pass this along to the team? A lot of people would be happy to have a partial solution in the meantime, even if it is not full cross-progression.

• SinfonianBobby
    SinfonianBobby Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022
    Options

Short answer, they're raking in the money from us that started on Switch having to rebuy all the DLCs to play with our friends after moving to PC...there is zero motivation for them to actually work towards supporting :/ who knows how Phoenix Labs, Epic, Hi-Rez Studios, Heroic Leap Games, Psyonix, and Titan Forge Games overcame this limitation :shrug:

• toodooleedoo
    toodooleedoo Member Posts: 12
    Options

I haven't even read the link yet but I'm already annoyed especially with the announcement and silence I am a hardcore dbd player follow on Twitter and check forums now and then.

I started on switch have every character and 995 devotion. Now mainly play on stadia and started rebuying with caution as I have been waiting for this!

Rebuying would be kind of fine having my stats and grade at least would be great or well anything.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638
    Options

Behavior is notorious for making promises they can't keep. I do feel bad for everyone who went all in on the switch thinking that cross progression would be a thing some day. I bought it on the switch but gave up since the fps is so low at times that the skillchecks are impossible to hit.