Why do I keep getting slowed down by nothing??

Options

Happens as a killer especially but also survivor. I'll be going in a straight line, hugging an object when boom slow down to a crawl then keep walking normally. I've also noticed a lot more objects have hitboxes that extend past their models, conveniently at the very bottom where you can't avoid them. What causes this? This stuff happens especially often in the Artist map. All the object hitboxes feel so janky and it feels like it was just made in a rush. Can someone explain??

Comments

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options

Are you sure you don't have a messed up analog stick? Kinda sounds like that's the issue. If your on PC then I have no idea

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

It’s happening to me alot as killer. Not sure when it started but it’s screwing me over on a lot of loop chases.

• Moplington
    Moplington Applicant Posts: 30
    Options

All of the newer maps and the reworked ones have terrible collision on everything. It's super noticable on certain killers.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673
    Options

Likely analog issue if playing on controller. I've messed up 3 controllers playing this game over time

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 391
    Options

I have the same problem but it doesn't happen often. I've checked the controller on PC and everything seems fine.

• drakonukaris
    drakonukaris Member Posts: 129
    Options

I have a problem where I rubber band back as survivor and killer occasionally despite having stable 33 ms or so. The new update messed something up as this wasn't happening before. But also the reworked maps suck and have random objects sticking out in the way just to ruin your day.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

I'm pretty sure this is what the topic is about, the random snags on invisible collision when too close to certain walls/corners in loops. Stops all movement momentum dead in its tracks so it costs a LOT of distance.

• Flawless_
    Flawless_ Member Posts: 320
    Options

Yes that's correct. I've noticed it happening a lot more often as of lately, especially in the new map and it is very punishing when it happens.