Why Don't Survivors Fight Back

Options
βLAKE
βLAKE Member Posts: 544

As the title states, "Why don't survivors fight back?" I feel like 4 grown people can take one killer especially someone as fragile or small like The Hag and The Pig.

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

They have stated before in the devstreams that the Killers are incapable of being injured, but they do still feel pain. For example, the screams when they get hit by a pallet, or Nurse when she slows down after teleporting.

• SqrunkTrep
    SqrunkTrep Member Posts: 30
    Options

@MrChills said:
    I disagree. have you sent how tiny those survivors are? Plus the entity fuels the killers with power hence how the pig and hag can break pallets. Also, David I am sure, lore wise has tried to fight a killer.. it didnt have a happy ending.

You're talking about how small survivors are in compare to killers and in the same sentence talk about pig that's same size as average survivor

• lionsou
    lionsou Member Posts: 61
    Options

@βLAKE if you play the game you die and you "come back". The characters here are a duplicate of their true selves and they are forced to SURVIVE not fight. they cant just fight back because they might have done it before and failed countless times... Dying and dying and dying, Over and over and over again. when you play dead by daylight and select a character you appear with a Shroud of smoke proving that you aren't the Real Dwight or Claudette or Meg or Jake or David or Tapp or Bill or Laurie or Nea or Quinten or Feng.

• 8BITLORD
    8BITLORD Member Posts: 27
    Options

Would you punch a massive chainsaw wielding man with super speed who killed his entire family as a kid and had his abilities made stronger with super senses, endurance, and breaking solid objects with a light kick who can effortlessly pick you up and keep you there?

I thought so.

• HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    Options
    You wanna fight back machete , knife with fists O_O 
    I wish you luck !!!
  • TheHolySpirit
    TheHolySpirit Member Posts: 1
    Options

@swenpai said:
    If a terrifyingly scary killer would chase you, would you fight back?
    If yes, then..

no.

What if you knew you couldn't die? You're telling me you would just let The Entity kill you over and over again? That's pretty strange, because survivors can't die.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,481
    Options

@TheHolySpirit said:

@swenpai said:
    If a terrifyingly scary killer would chase you, would you fight back?
    If yes, then..

no.

What if you knew you couldn't die? You're telling me you would just let The Entity kill you over and over again? That's pretty strange, because survivors can't die.

They still obviously feel pain when hit. Even if I couldn't die, I still wouldn't go toe-to-toe with any of the killers.

• Glossed
    Glossed Member Posts: 49
    Options

Do you see how big and scary they are? Even David King runs, And do you see all of his muscle with the shirtless skin?The killers are called Killers for a reason.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    Options

wouldnt be surprised if in lore they fought back at least once so they get the picture that they cant win also the entity gives killers super strength, speed and cant be killed plus the survivor tries something they get hit with the killers weapon. i have thought that the pig would be the weakest if killers could die or be attacked by survivors. just imagine 4 davids beating the crap out of the pig

• Trapper_Licker
    Trapper_Licker Member Posts: 10
    Options

I've once stared down a Trapper with David King to the point where he would slowly back away from me whenever he saw me in the match :'D

I'm 100% convinced David tried to deck the killers on more than one occasion, and, in all honestly, so would I. If you have been stuck in the fog for years you'll get used to the pain. Getting murdered will still hurt, dying will still be somewhat scary I'd assume, but what would keep me going on the long run would be spite. It's trying to break the rules, testing their limits. Also it gives you back a feeling of being somewhat "in control" in an otherwise absolutely hopeless situation. Though I agree, it would most probably not "change" anything, since the Entity will not allow serious harm to come towards its killers, it would be a form of protest.

• laplace
    laplace Member Posts: 36
    Options

Wait so on stream they said survivors cant fight back but this doesn't explain Jane Romero's perk where she literally charges on the killer and stuns them. This means that all the survivors should be able to lay the smackdown on the killer. I still can't wrap my head around the idea that a highschool kid wearing a mask is able to beat and kill someone like David King or Bill. I mean if according to the stream they can't jump, talk, or fight but are still able to charge the killer with the latest perk, why can't David perform a rugby tackle or something? Sounds like plot induced stupidity to me. In fact I believe the only ones who they couldn't beat would be Myers, The Huntress, and The Trapper. Other than that I don't see any reason why they can't each grab a toolbox or a flashlight and start beating the crap out of the killer.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

We already saw what happens when you let survivors have a chance to kill the killer *cough* F13 literally killed jason 20 games in a row. Lorewise though I guess the entity probably would intervene if the killer was in any kind of trouble. Like the lorewise assistance through perks like NOED.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

I would be for it if David King had a buff to Dead Hard, allowing him to 'Rugby Tackle' killers if he decided to use the ability to stun the killer for a few brief seconds. This comes with the risk that he would have to deliberately turn towards the killer to do so, giving them time to knock him down.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Because it's a game and Killers seem to be invincible.

Michael is for sure atleast.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Killers are immortal. You might as well try to punch your way out of a cave, at least you know stone is breakable.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

In reallife you would ######### your pants aswell if you had to run away from hag =)

• laplace
    Options

Yeah but I'm talking lore wise. I mean it's completely out of character for bill to run seeing as he died running TOWARDS a giant mutated zombie in left 4 dead. I just feel like there is something missing. If pallets falling on the killers heads hurt them, then a swift kick to the balls or a clean shot on the jaw should be efficient in hurting them. And if the killers are as strong as they are said to be, then why can't they down or even kill survivors with just one hit?

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

The only way for survivors to fight back is through the use of Flashlights, that is literally their only weapon. It doesn't kill the killer but it does by them enough time to get away, flashing them at pallets, making flashlight saves, all of that is the only way for them to gain ground.

• laplace
    Options

And shouldn't bill be able to handle more punishment? The stuff he got hit with in left 4 dead makes dead by daylight look like nothing.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options

Go play Last Year if you want to fight back against a killer.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Doesn't matter, would you fight a killer with a sword or a knife even if you were stronger? She's being assisted by The Entity.

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483
    Options

I agree same thing with decisive strike they are literally stabbing something into the killers so obviously they have some potential to fight back against the killers

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited March 2019
    Options

Jane is a 'large' lady... To say the least. She's quite obviously got an advantage over most the survivors when it comes to attacking. When other survivors learn her perk, she likes to take them to the nearest McDonalds...

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    Options

i just think the Entity doesn’t allow it. Its realm, its rules. I have on more than one occasion said that four survivors, or just David, could take out a knife wielding twerp of a killer in Legion.

Now if you want to go toe to toe with Leatherface, Michael, the clown, or any of the other oversized brutes, best of luck to ya.

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    Options

Listen, guys. They CAN fight back! they just need to look around and find weapons like machetes, Baseball Bats, Sticks, Axes, Shotgun, Flare Gun, Bear Traps, and a Pan. Or just escape by calling the cops or getting the keys, fuel, and battery for the cars. ;)

• PsychoticItalian
    PsychoticItalian Member Posts: 23
    Options

IMO, the survivors don't fight back because they are more likely to die. It is stated by Benedict Baker in lore that, "With each "death" I feel myself weaken, a little piece of my soul devoured by the darkness before I awake." So fighting back against the killers would just give the Entity what it wants sooner.

As for restraining the killers, they probably could. During the Hallowed Blight event someone, Vigo probably, captured the Trapper. So it is possible, but with a high possibility of dying.

• TrashLegionMain
    TrashLegionMain Member Posts: 14
    Options

My personal head canon is that the Entity makes them too scary. The Entity can, presumably, control their heartbeat so that they know if the Killer's close. Maybe they can manipulate their emotions in the same way they manipulate their heartbeat to make them too afraid to fight against them? After all, the devs describe the Entity as an Emotion Vampire, and it's reasonable to assume the Survivor's fear sustains it.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Do we really want Friday The 13th where you can kill the killer?

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

And also, in Legion's Mori, the survivor is able to fight back a bit, and since they seem to be the weakest bunch out of all the other killers (Might be true in-game too) This makes sense for Freddy to be a little lower tier, since he was just a human that could control dreams and have finger knives, but not in tier with a enduring chainsaw sprinter that can yeet survivors in a few seconds if played well enough.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Imagine all generators resetting and the killer simply getting up again myers' style (not jason lol).

I think restraining hag would be like trying to capture a human sized rabid feral animal, barehanded.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

How do you capture hag, she can teleport, lol

This discussion has been closed.