The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why does hex: lullaby needs stacks

I really do not understand, this hex will probably be destroyed before you can get huge vallue of it, even though you manage to get 5 stacks, I don't think it really bothers good players, it could be a annoying perk for sure but OP, definitely not.

Why can't this hex works just like ruin or at least reduce the stacks?

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

I'm also of the opinion that Lullaby should just start at max stacks, with no actual scaling effect at all. It still wouldn't be that good, but it'd at least have some kind of effect before it's cleansed.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

I agree it would still be a terrible perk without stacks but at least it would be consistently terrible instead of useless.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

It’s not even worth being a Hex.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735
    edited January 2022

Omg okay so regression penalty scales with perk levels but imagine if it just wasn't a hex. It starts with 5 tokens based on remaining totems (including boons or any rekindled with Pentimento) and for each token reduces the delay by 20% up to a maximum of 100%.

After solos get basekit totem counter obviously.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

This is a bit of a dramatic take and there are plenty of times I and friends of mine have missed skill checks because of lullaby even with some of us having between 2k and 4k hours. Now part of this may be due to the fact that most of us are streamers and get distracted by chat or we're just goofing around and talking to each other and not staring at the screen in silence sweating and waiting for a silent skill check, but the point is, the perk does work well at even 3 stacks tbh.

And then could you imagine Max stats lullaby against new survivors who miss even regular timed skill checks. That would be unplayable XD

• SuzuKR

Using Huntress Lullaby and needing 5 tokens just to hide skillcheck sounds when you can use Devour and threaten a game ending level of pressure at 3 LOL

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,048

It's definitely much weaker than other hexes, but I'm not sure if that can be fixed without overhauling the perk. The problem is that its effect targets something skill-based rather than just being a flat effect like "gens regress when not being repaired" or "you are exposed now." If it weren't a hex, it'd be absolute havoc against newer players that struggle with skill checks as it is. When it is a hex, it's that much more of a joke to players who can power through it with minimal struggle.

And if it was a hex that started at max power... honestly, I have way more trouble with Lullaby at 3 or 4 stacks than 5. 5 stacks is easy. 4 stacks messes me up bad.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

If the silent skillchecks were base and the tokens added bonus regression instead of the other way around i might run it once in a while

• Ramondiola
    Ramondiola Member Posts: 26

I often ignore that hex when I play against. And I found lots of people do the same. You can miss some skillchecks and still play around it. Only cleansing if I happen to see the totem.

And that is a gamble. I don't think it's a bad perk. If the killer is good enough to get stacks and use the pressure they got from that, it can screw up survivors. If the killer can't use the perk good enough it's the same wether you cleanse it or not.

I guess if it had max stacks from the beginning it would be cleansed in the first minute of a match almost every time, which -by my experience- is not the case right now. You don't know your playing against lullaby until you start repairing or healing after the first hook. I think having to build up its power is a good thing, survivors tend to get confident until it bothers too much.

Of course, being a hex, chances are you don't get any value from it some matches. But it's not a worthless perk to bring imo.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

If you M1 a survivor, they're cursed with Lullaby. A Dull turned into Hex that assign to that survivor. They will not able to hear skillcheck noti until cleansed.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I feel like that would make the perk miserable for newcomers. I get and support balancing for the top end, but I don't think the lower end shoud be shut out of the equation entirely.

• SuzuKR

They have to learn at some point. Even if it wax buffed to be better, it’s not anywhere near good enough to be meta. It’d still be super niche, and thus rare to see anyways.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

All you have to do is compare Devour Hope to Huntress Lullaby to see why Huntress Lullaby is bad. Both require you to earn tokens by hooking people, and both only start making a difference between 3-5 tokens. But Devour Hope's effect of giving Exposed hits and free kills is MUCH more powerful than Huntress making it slightly harder to hit skill checks. They're worlds apart in effectiveness. And I'm pretty sure the consensus is Devour Hope is "good but not great", so just imagine what that means for Huntress Lullaby!

There are some people commenting "but if Huntress Lullaby started at 5 tokens imagine how rough that would be on new players". Again, though, if you're worried about new players and Huntress Lullaby, then think about Devour Hope and how rough that perk is on new players who don't know to cleanse totems as well. Devour Hope is way more devastating on new players than on better players simply by virtue of new players not thinking to cleanse it or not knowing it exists and also being easy to catch and hit in chases with basic attacks.

So I'm definitely of the opinion that Huntress Lullaby could really use a buff. Either

• Keep it a Hex but remove the tokens entirely. Just make rank 1 cut sound cue times by 60%, rank 2 cut them by 80% and rank 3 cut them entirely (or something along those lines). Even then this perk is still probably kind of weak against better players, but at least it's better than the current version; or
    • Keep the tokens but make it not be a Hex at all. Treat it kind of like Dying Light, it gets tokens on hooks but isn't a Hex that can be removed.
  • GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,863

I’m sure for new players, it would be miserable to go against if it got buffed. Because of that, I think it’ll just stay the way it is for a while.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Huntress Lullaby with base stacks would be old Ruin all over again. So I’m for it, but don’t expect it.

• TAG

They ain't gonna learn if their early-game experiences are frustrating enough to push them to quit instead. One of the bigger issues with this game, among other issues, is that it is EXTREMELY unkind to newbies.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Huntress Lullaby should put those non-stop yellow glyph skill checks for the entire duration of the gen repair time and each time it's missed the generator blows up and regresses

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

I agree with the sentiment, but I'd also point out that against newcomers, Lullaby is probably going to hit max stacks much more consistently anyway. Newcomers aren't as quick to go hunt down and cleanse a totem, after all.

• TAG

This is a good point, but to be fair, at least as-is it ramps them into it. Going max stacks right out the gate is likely to throw off people who are still getting the hang of skill checks if they will randomly go into games where they don't exist (initially).

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

Hex lullaby is a terrible perk as is the argument that 'new players will suffer too much' if its good. What about a new killer who gets dead hard validated and hears a scream but gets no feedback other than the survivor running off? The game does an awful job of explaining everything to players(whats a tile, whats looping, what killer power does what, what addons do what, what special effects do), limiting perks based on how bad of an experience it is to new players is how we end up with trash perks like lullaby in the first place.