What do I do with this situation?

Options

I have an acquaintance that I play with every now and then but every single time this guy dies he calls out hacks for no reason. I have seen other players report a killer unjustly because of him calling hacks for no reason. I have told him to stop but he wont and I have reported him for it in game because I dont know what else to do about it. No one should have to deal with a jerk who just calls hacks contently and gets you reported for no reason. I post this here to ask you guys what should I do about this?

Comments

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

I would find a new friend. That would help.

Or somehow force him to play a killer, so he learns what is possible to do.

• Lunar_Wing
    Lunar_Wing Member Posts: 30
    Options

I barley play with him but it makes me wonder how many people have been falsely reported because of this. I have forced him to play killer in a kyf once. He will never do it again because "I'm bad".

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

It is the same as any other excuse for people with big ego.

If they are not "winning", it is something unfair taking place. How can they ever fail if it is not?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Play with someone else. Preferably older since this game is 18+ after all

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

calling out hacks doesnt get anyone banned without definative proof like a recorded game although mods might take a look at the player to see. The ingame reporting i think even states that they want to see evidence otherwise anyone can claim it

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,819
    Options

Yeah, example #679792 of why everyone should play both sides. When someone doesn't understand the capabilities of their opponent, they may interpret everything as being suspicious.

And/or they just can't stand losing legitimately, and have to make it about being wronged somehow to soothe their butthurt.

Probably both.

• Lunar_Wing
    Lunar_Wing Member Posts: 30
    Options

Ya just this still would waste the devs time with unnecessary reports when it happens.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

So? I doesn’t matter get someone extremely young maybe at 7 years old that way you can train that kid from the ground up. Lmao nah but just play solo que and add the good players. Or add players in the fourms. Add me if you want

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I'd tell him exactly what he's doing that bothers you, then stop playing with him for a bit. After a few weeks or so, maybe give him another chance, with the understanding if he asses about with his "hacks" nonsense, that this is the last time.

• Myla
    Myla Member Posts: 1,551
    Options

I mean the best thing to do is not play with him?

Doesn't seem like a friend since you described him as an acquaintance anyway. Like the type of people you randomly just met on discord and couldn't care less for.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

You'll find a lot of adults that cannot ever utter the words 'I was wrong' or 'I'm sorry'. I wouldn't give a pass on age but to answer the question, make fun of him. You don't have to kill the dude but a little booli can make a big difference for these types. You're doing it for the greater good.

Alternatively have him play the other side, or make a private lobby and claim hacks every time he does anything and everything. Pick up the phone and scream 'HAAAAACKS' the hang up. There are many options. Pick your favorite.

I recognize that younger people won't get the reference in the second sentence. Dr. Hax is an ancient meme that everyone loved because your friend is very common and unoriginal.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

I used to be called a cheater for my tick throws in street fighter it i guess can look like a hack to the uninitiated

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 608
    Options

Maybe that's just how he talks? My friends and I banter that a killer is cheating all the time because that's just what you do when you're goofing around (BBQ, Franklin's Nurses, Whispers are all cheats we've pointed out), it doesn't really mean anything. Errant reports of cheating aren't going to get people unfairly banned if he's even reporting people. Just ignore it or play with other people that's all you can really do.