Survivor Conscience

Pandamonium31
Pandamonium31 Member Posts: 25
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

Just wondering if survivor mains/players have a conscience when playing DBD?

Like, let's say you just destroyed a killer, wait at the gate to teabag and make noise notifications by spamming pallets, and then you see in the post-game section that it was the killer who gifted you with Bloody Party Streamers, do you feel bad? Do you have a heart?

I got Lery's as Blight, which is not ideal in any way at all, so any kills wouldn't have been bad. I ended up getting 7,000 base BP, and the survivor with the most BP got 17,000 (for their gen rushing efforts)

I swear, the more competitive games I play, the more I realise that humans are the scummiest animals on the Earth. I know I've made a similar post like this, but now I'm starting to think that I need to make a post like this every day just to make sure every survivor player on this forum knows how easy it is for them to be horrible, horrible people.

(P.S. Hope the 34K BP was worth it)

(P.P.S. I had given a Claudette hatch in the game prior because I felt bad for their team, and I know this doesn't do them any favours in relation to MMR, but I still thought it was a nice gesture. Then I get the aforementioned game thrown in my face. I'm honestly just in disbelief more than anything.) 

Post edited by Pandamonium31 on

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

You should hide their names or this thread will get deleted.

And to the topic: its a pvp game, other team is your enemy dont expect anything from them and they shouldnt expect anything from you

• Pandamonium31
    Pandamonium31 Member Posts: 25

Yeah, did that thanks. Basically, just play killer like a killer, and forget your conscience, as you can't rely on others to have a conscience. Gotcha

• SudoK7
    SudoK7 Member Posts: 68

When I play survivor I just leave as soon as the exit gates are open. Most of time my teammates will stay behind to be toxic to the killer. Since I play killer and survivor I know how ######### Surviors can be to the killer.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Yeah, welcome to DbD.

I had an even worse game, honestly - I brought streamers and played Mirror Myers. When I bring streamers I typically 2 hook everyone and then injure only until EOGC, so that everyone gets 30k or so.

I find the Ace early, down him - and he DCs.

Then the Leon DCs and the Jane and Claudette go AFK in lockers.

Sigh.

The only time I've had a 'conscience' player was maybe 3 months ago. Incredibly toxic premade, abusing the Haddonfield infinite (before it was fixed) every time I chased them, spamming flashlights, teabagging and just being jerks. Apparently they'd smurfed their MMR down.

At the end of the game a Meg gave me a kill and apologized for the Dwight - apparently her IRL friend who gets bullied a lot at school.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Ehh... I find that on average, survivors are more toxic than killers, even accounting for the 4:1 spread. I'm defining toxic as taking action specifically meant to spite or mock the other team without that action being provoked first, or being nasty/gloating in the endgame chat. I've definitely encountered plenty of bad apple killers (basement Bubbas, bleed outs, the smooth brains who BM you all game and then want to take you to the hatch so they can close it, the gate so they can close it, and then bleed you out when you don't fall for it), but with survivors, it's goddamn routine. Somebody always has an issue with how you played and calls you every name in the book, or waits out the endgame collapse to give you a butt dance click show for no goddamn reason. I expect survivors to be bad sports at this point, that's how prevalent it is. Killers I mostly expect to be mercenary, and then there's a few who go beyond that into using DBD as their sad power fantasy simulator.

Like, when I play survivor, my teammates are far likelier to be ######### than the killer. I have to apologize for my teammates so often. Or they sandbag me all game for daring to drop a pallet in a chase, or not unhooking them because the killer followed me to the hook and I didn't have BT, or because I "stole" their unhook. I've seen more survivors try to bodyblock a teammate into dying to the EGC (usually for the hell of it, or 3-man SWFs trolling their solo teammate) than I've seen killers trap anyone.

You can't tell the killer brought an offering unless there were 5 offerings used, but frankly it doesn't matter. Some people will chill out a bit if there's double bloodpoints in play, but most won't (and this goes for killers too - the number of times I've seen 2-3 streamers used and the killer mass slugs and kills all the survivors with 6k points tops is very high.)

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Me when I make another us vs them post to further divide the community despite the fact that both sides have players that are horrifically toxic

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Everyone is terrible and we should delete it all and start again? Agreed.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Killers are humans too.

• TheycallmeLix
    TheycallmeLix Member Posts: 334

Me and my friend want to give the Killer a few hits at the exit gate when we saw that he had 2-3 hooks the entire game, but some Killers wait out the ‘point finger at the exit gate’ and they want to make you do backflip and get the hook. I seriously can’t stand this anymore and me and my friend promised each other that we are going to click/tbag everytime at the exit gate because of Killers that want to get kills for losing the game..

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Many survivors doing the 'point out' thing want to run or dead hard out as soon as the killer gets close, so a lot of killers don't trust it or bother.

Instead of clicking and tbagging, why not just leave?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Just had a match as Nemesus. Got a 3k.

Endgame chat: lul we gifted you those kills. You should uninstall and end your life.

We have such a "lovely" community.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Another day - another "us vs them" thread by a killer main

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

The thing is it's kinda scary that people bring bps and hope they don't get toxic bm #########. You should expect to not get bmt every single fckn game unless you start first or hit one ######### stupid guy that needs a time out to cool of. the internet is not your room to went all your stress

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

You've already gave the biggest reason: competitiveness.

Your opponents clearly play competitive too, and in their eyes it could have been an insult from the game to be matched up against a killer, especially Blight(yes, even on Lery's), to barely give them a challenge.

Playing competitive means being able to taunt your opponents, and through taunting have them make mistakes or even lose. If you lost because of taunting, people are gonna taunt that you lost because of that post-game too.

This is generally why I purposely decrease my MMR on killers that I am good with, and why my survivor MMR never reaches too high(I play altruistic, that alone prevents me from reaching the higher MMR) so I avoid being matched up with the sweatiest of people who don't respect my time for the sake of a meaningless endresult.

If highest 1000 players received a secondary award every month, I would somewhat understand being so competitive in public games. But you don't. People literally pretend like they are constantly in a tournament for no reason.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Just another us vs them BS thread.

Toxic people are Toxic regardless of the role they play.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

You really don't need a online video game to know humans are the scummiest animals on the planet.

I pray everyday that aliens don't make the horrible mistake of discovering us

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

Im not terrible. I’m as sweet and cute as a kitten.