When will legion be a threat and not a joke?

Options

Seriously I wanna have fun with this killer at high ranks without being severely bullied or having to rely on franks mix tape

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

When will you stop posting troll threads?

Tru and others seem to do just fine at high ranks with him, perhaps you need to play more with him to figure out how to best use him.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options
    Maybe in the time it has taken them to touch Freddy.
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Options
    Schorts94 said:

Seriously I wanna have fun with this killer at high ranks without being severely bullied or having to rely on franks mix tape

When freddy actually gets a rework
  • Fenrir
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    Maybe it's your skills that makes the legion look like a joke, never thought about that?
    Nope because its actually legion thatsthats the problem
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Schorts94 said:

Legion has no counter play besides stealth so it's a

Issue. Sorry to tell you the truth.

Anyways, Legion's power needs a rework in my opinion to have more skill and counter play involved.

• powerbats
    Options

@Fenrir said:
    Vietfox said:

Maybe it's your skills that makes the legion look like a joke, never thought about that?

Yet people are able to 3-4k with him quite often which would suggest it's not the killer it's the person controlling said killer that's bad.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

I was about to suggest getting rid of Deep Wounds in favor just vaulting and running but if Legion can attack in FF he's OP like he was in the PTB. Maybe that should be taken out instead of the Deep Wounds? He can run really fast, break pallets really fast without losing his power but can't vault pallets or windows anymore. That might fix him.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Fenrir said:
    Vietfox said:

Yet people are able to 3-4k with him quite often which would suggest it's not the killer it's the person controlling said killer that's bad.

3-4k with franks mix tape and cooldown add-ons maybe. Like Tru does.

• powerbats
    Options

@Bbbrian2013 said:

3-4k with franks mix tape and cooldown add-ons maybe. Like Tru does.

While that's rue I've faced Legion's also doing well not using the mix tape and I main Spirit and everyone thinks you can only do it with her very rares. While very rares etc make getting kills easier they're not necessary and people 3-4k on perkless killers.

I just ran into a hard camping and i mean hard camping Legion just now that got 2 kills but had he actually played him properly could've easily have gotten 3-4k.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

@powerbats said:
    Everyone thinks you can only do it with her very rares.

I haven't really heard that anywhere. Her very rares are fairly strong compared to other killers but in the discussions I've seen about her most people regard her as a strong killer regardless of add ons.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Options
    Tbh, legion does struggle at high rank, but it's because his power ultimately works against him. It lacks the lethality and effectiveness unless you have FMT. Which then it becomes OP.

So we either have a killer with a wet noodle at high ranks or an OP supposed "no counter" killer with FMT.

He needs to be looked into more and this is coming from a legion main honestly...
  • Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Options
    And everyone mentions True, but remember true is in that very top percentage of almost godlike killers. The average person may not be as good as him
  • powerbats
    Options

@anarchy753 said:

@powerbats said:
    Everyone thinks you can only do it with her very rares.

I haven't really heard that anywhere. Her very rares are fairly strong compared to other killers but in the discussions I've seen about her most people regard her as a strong killer regardless of add ons.

I've seen it quite a bit when some were asking for buffs to her or saying you needed her very rares to be good with her.

• powerbats
    Options

@Gardenia said:
    And everyone mentions True, but remember true is in that very top percentage of almost godlike killers. The average person may not be as good as him

Well that's also true no pun intended for other killers, not everyone is good with every killer, I suck with pretty much everyone but Spirit. I enjoy Myers, Amanda, Trapper and can do ok with the others they just don't suit me.

I might start learning Legion since he does seem to suit my playstyle but then again I might not.

• Fenrir
    Options

I was about to suggest getting rid of Deep Wounds in favor just vaulting and running but if Legion can attack in FF he's OP like he was in the PTB. Maybe that should be taken out instead of the Deep Wounds? He can run really fast, break pallets really fast without losing his power but can't vault pallets or windows anymore. That might fix him.

No his vaulting ability is the only thing that makes him unique that cant get rid of that
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    Definitely not a joke. 
  • KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Options
    Definitely not a joke. 
    No offense but you beating up on some scrub rank 1's doesn't prove anything. 
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

@Vietfox said:

legion requires literally no skill to play so this is an absurd statement

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Options
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

Survivor period takes no skill 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

When he stops telling dad jokes. :I

• fluffybunny
    Options

@KingSavageGaming said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

Survivor period takes no skill 

That's why rank 20 newbies can stomp rank 1 killers! :D
    Obviously it takes skill. You need to learn routing and the map.
    You need to learn skill checks and how to run. How to do good saves. What certain skills mean to the game, etc.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

Nice B8 M8 ....

Maybe you should play another killer instead. Or I dont know, develop some strategy instead of expecting to face roll everything.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@fluffybunny said:

That's why rank 20 newbies can stomp rank 1 killers! :D
    Obviously it takes skill. You need to learn routing and the map.
    You need to learn skill checks and how to run. How to do good saves. What certain skills mean to the game, etc.

I tried to fight against them but nope it is impossible.

They are bad at the game and if they acknowledge that the survivor side takes skill, then they have to accept they lost to better players.

Just look 2 posts above, he calls rank 1 survivors scrub. If it takes no skill, how can he 4k against a survivor team? Wouldn't be every survivor the same since there is no skill involved.

Again they are bad at the game and they have to blame it on something rather than themselves.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

He's decent with 2 strongest cooldown addons

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    Schorts94 said:

Usually a Killer is a threat if you git gud at him.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,412
    Options

Can we stop mentioning how True is doing with Legion at rank 1 as a comparison. Literally almost every single one of his videos is using purple addons. That is not the norm. His results aren't the same without being decked in purples.

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Blueberry said:
    Can we stop mentioning how True is doing with Legion at rank 1 as a comparison. Literally almost every single one of his videos is using purple addons. That is not the norm. His results aren't the same without being decked in purples.

I believe I saw Puppers play Legion and he didn't have purple add-ons, too.

• Blueberry
    edited January 2019
    Options

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

I also wreck with Freddy at rank 1 every now and then, that doesn't mean it's the norm or indicative of him being strong. That is anecdotal. We can all have games where the survivors play like derps.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Fenrir said:
    Vietfox said:

People are able to 3-4k with freddy too (against potato survivors).
    Legion suffers against genrushing SWF just like most killers

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Options
    Gardenia said:
    They have to.. Git gud then?
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    Options
    Blueberry said:

He's recently using green addons, pretty much same results. What now?
  • Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270
    Options
    Legion is horrible on the right hands, as the same with all killers! 
  • fluffybunny
    Options

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Fenrir said:
    Vietfox said:

People are able to 3-4k with freddy too (against potato survivors).
    Legion suffers against genrushing SWF just like most killers

They need to tweak SWF imo. Like limit the items they can take in or limit the perks they could use. I will say I've heard somewhere that genrushing happens when survivors aren't kept busy.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited January 2019
    Options

"When will the killer with no counter be a threat"

He's not even hard to play, what are you on about?

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Blueberry said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

I also wreck with Freddy at rank 1 every now and then, that doesn't mean it's the norm or indicative of him being strong. That is anecdotal. We can all have games where the survivors play like derps.

What can we use if not anecdotal? What exactly are you using? Legion also doesn't have many counters from what I've seen. If you've ever had someone chase after you while you're in BT, you'll get it. If they set their eyes on you, you're going down. They're very good with one on ones.

• Ablutomaniac
    Ablutomaniac Member Posts: 23
    Options

I just took down 4 SWF survivors using Legion with tier 1 perks. He's not that bad.

• Ablutomaniac
    Ablutomaniac Member Posts: 23
    Options

@KingSavageGaming said:
    DarkWo1f997 said:

Definitely not a joke. 

Am curious, why whispers on legion? Wouldn't Monitor and Abuse be better?

• DarkWo1f997
    Options

@KingSavageGaming said:
    DarkWo1f997 said:

Definitely not a joke. 

Am curious, why whispers on legion? Wouldn't Monitor and Abuse be better?

Whispers activates at 32 meters, nurses calling activated at 28, legion’s terror radius? 22 meters by default. makes patrolling gens easier and finding survivors extremely quick. Sloppy butcher and thanat make sure they’re healing in groups. Easy prey. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

What can we use if not anecdotal? What exactly are you using? Legion also doesn't have many counters from what I've seen. If you've ever had someone chase after you while you're in BT, you'll get it. If they set their eyes on you, you're going down. They're very good with one on ones.

You dont need to escape the chase, you just prolong it as long as possible

• powerbats
    Options

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

Frenzy, cancel m1 fresh hook meat ez peezy and why is it that whenever someone does good with a killer you and the rest call bad. That the automatic response is the survivors are or were potatoes or he sucks against good swf?

It can't be because the killer just flat outplayed the survivors or that at the end of the game they were just slightly better.

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

I'm not talking about escaping. He's a brain dead killer. He can spam his m1 attack in frenzy and still get a hit, and then he can also cheese it and follow you without looking so you fall down. Also, if he has mixed tape, good luck with getting away. That's only three hits and two are guaranteed. He's really good at 1 vs 1. Honestly I think is power should be reworked to counter loops, but lessen the amount taken off and just give him normal speed.

• fluffybunny
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Blueberry said:

Frenzy, cancel m1 fresh hook meat ez peezy and why is it that whenever someone does good with a killer you and the rest call bad. That the automatic response is the survivors are or were potatoes or he sucks against good swf?

It can't be because the killer just flat outplayed the survivors or that at the end of the game they were just slightly better.

It isn't just survivor mains who noticed issues with him. He's by no means strong, but if we give him a buff without addressing the cheesing and the power itself, we'll just get a brain dead nurse. He isn't nearly as bad as some are saying, either. If they don't know how to play him and complain about him being bad, that's on them. I've had matches where the killer never used his power and said that Legion is bad. Yeah, any killer without his power is bad.

• Blueberry
    edited January 2019
    Options

I think they just need to give him full 115% movespeed and somehow get rid of the "look at the ground and follow the blood" mechanic. This makes his normal M1 to down viable, makes people have to heal against him and simply leaves his Feral Frenzy as a tool for slowing survivors down, creating pressure and reducing chase times. Then he'll just go for either M1's for downs or if people are full health Feral Frenzy for pressure.

Most balanced change that makes since imo while making him viable without overbearing.

EDIT: I also still have no idea why he has the power bar reset on each normal M1 attack, needs to be removed. It's an unnecessary handicap.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

When you get banned for being a troll.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Schorts94 said:

Legion has no counter play besides stealth so it's a
    (Spoiler)

Anyways, Legion's power needs a rework in my opinion to have more skill and counter play involved.

Stealth doesn't even counter him because he can sniff you out.

• DarkWo1f997
    Options
    Definitely not a joke. 
    None taken.