BHVR, why not REMAKE Dbd like this? UNREAL engine

ParalyKoK
ParalyKoK Member Posts: 60
edited January 2022 in Off-topic

Why don't we have a dead by daylight that looks like this yet?

Yes this was done by 1 person. Not a whole building filled with teams of people..

Yes these are recycled assets.

It doesn't mean that BHVR can't produce something like this or better(sarcasm).

Our technology is improving with the new generation consoles.

Why not take a step back from all this content creating and remake the game...not to recode it but simply REMAKE it.. and plug in everyone's accounts, and set the download to replace game files we have now.

This started off as a passion project and blew up. For once stop giving us ridiculous pointless content and give the fans something they will never forget. Imagine a dead by daylight that looked as beautiful as The last of Us 2? It's not outside the realm of possibility. Not a horror themed game. A real Horror Game. With real mori's... if I had the $ to fund it I'd fund it myself because we the players needs something like this.

I'm pretty sure this games player base would easily triple (meaning more revenue) if it didn't look like outdated psp title..

Your thoughts?

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,613

It's been a while since someone trotted out this video. I understand wanting the game to look better in a general sense, but surely we can all see how this aesthetic specifically would be a bad idea?

It'd be like a return to older version of the game, where it was so dark that "Blendette" was an actual thing you could do. I remember old Gideon's and old Coldwind, seeing things was a nightmare on either map.

Taking the brightness out of the equation, this only looks a little better than DBD in sheer quality, and nowhere near as stylised.

• ParalyKoK
    edited January 2022

I just Don't get why bhvr won't just upgrade the game to fit the new generation consoles. If the game looks like horrible. And it does.

Graphically in every way possible.

Even mine craft has texture packs that look better than dbd.

The game is amazing but I do feel that bhvr would benefit in upgrading the games overall world and character models.

If they plan on continuously releasing more content at least upgrade your game. Even final fantasy 14 has has few graphical overhauls.

Which can lead to:

More players

More money

More attention.

Which can keep this running for another console generation or the next after. If one person can do this. A whole team of developers can get this done quickly.. no excuses

That's just my opinion though. Even a killer with VR capabilities would Male this game even better.

• I agree the video looks very good indeed, but Imagine you purchased this game, and your PC could just about play it because it met the minimum spec requirements. Now, the devs remake it and the high res textures and higher quality meshes now demand a beefier PC. What happens to all the people that can no longer play because their PC isn't good enough? When you buy a game, you are given the minimum hardware to run it, if that changes, what happens? I doubt you could get a refund after so many years of happily playing. Suddenly a large chunk of the player base has gone. The influx of new players that can afford a beefier PC would likely be smaller than those that left due to not being able to play. This game is known for poor optimisation and dips in frame rates, especially on older hardware. The devs aren't best placed to handle making a game of that visual fidelity, let alone optimising it to work within the existing minimum hardware requirements. You are living a pipe dream.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535

With a multiplayer game it is smarter to try to keep your playerbase. By adding to your base game this is mostly the case. And you do that as long as it works.

If you make a new version you will lose players. Maybe you get new ones, but maybe not.

• ParalyKoK

It's the best they can do?

I person in their home made this....

So a full team getting paid to make games can't make it? Lmao.

Okay

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

Look at how robust controller settings and QoL of controller is. Aim hachets by strafe movement. Reduce sensitivy, cannot follow on spinning.

So yeah. They cannot

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759

Its gonna cost alot of time and resources that behavior most likely does not want to dedicate to. While a restructure of the games code and such would be a cool change (looking at ff7), I'm pretty sure that its not something that we could expect to see any time soon.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

That is what The Bush wants. Remove the seal on my power and let me spread darkness across the world. I will rise and once again strike fear into the hearts of killers! Muahahahahahaha.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Yeah just literally remake the entire game for no guaranteed financial benefit after spending an insane amount of time and money. The 850 employees all totally don't have other things they're already working on.

• ParalyKoK

Originally Answered: Why are there too many reboots or remakes in Hollywood recently? The movie industry makes movies to make money. It makes reboots and remakes because audiences like them. There are not “too many” unless the audiences stop buying tickets to them.

Same thing goes for games..

For the money and financial benefits it brings.

If one person can make this with assets from another game, BhVR can do the same. Ask Capcom to barrow the RE Engine. Easy clap.

And yes with 850 employees. I bet that in the time it would take them to make 1 dlc. 1 quarter of the year. They can have this done with they pull all their resources together. Dbd would kick strong for another 10 years easily. Imo.

A real graphical update.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

I mean the 850 employees must be just filing their nails cuz this mid chapter was as miserable as they come, and the game being remade would remove a lot of spaghetti code embedded in the game, making bug fixes take much less time

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Actually... the game had lighting effects on the first versions back when the moon bouquet was still a thing so I don't know why they removed all lighting visual effects in-game.