How do console players endure this game

2»

Comments

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483
    They are working on it but recently they made it look and run way better if it’s still bad for you then you probably have ######### internet or a ######### console
    Lmao, not surprised that a legion main comes with this brain dead argument.
    Internet has nothing to do with the performance and graphic quality.
    All consoles are the same, if separate between xbox and ps4 (and their upgraded versions like ps4 pro).
    I hope it's just a joke, otherwise it just proofs a point that only braindead people like Legion 
    Nice, attacking them on speculation and bias. 

Also, not all consoles are the same. If bogged down with data, corrupted files, possible hardware issues, or any number of other things, the performance could be affected. Regardless of WHICH console. 

Last, you dont have to be braindead to enjoy legion, you just have no not be an elitist "every killer has to be tier 1" prick. ;)
    I like this man
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Through skill, and triumph, and a wired internet.
  • TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599
    They are working on it but recently they made it look and run way better if it’s still bad for you then you probably have ######### internet or a ######### console
    All consoles are the same, if separate between xbox and ps4 (and their upgraded versions like ps4 pro).
    I hope it's just a joke, otherwise it just proofs a point that only braindead people like Legion 
    Nice to see that there are still people who generalize and consider themselves above others. For a moment, I thought toxicity was lowering. 
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Eh its poorly optimized but I still prefer console.

I started on PC near launch and it still runs great there but console is more chill.

No post game chat cuts toxicity by a ton, even playing ground since I prefer controller vs kb/m, and actual killer variety since nurse isn't playable on console due to fps issues and lack of sensitivity options on controller. 
    Plus my friends typically all have a ps4 vs the few that have a gaming rig. 

It's a tradeoff, but it's really not all that bad imo.
  • nøbødy
    nøbødy Member Posts: 37
    Mullato said:
    Can they transfer your progress from ps4 to pc or is that not possible?
    Not possible.
  • nøbødy
    nøbødy Member Posts: 37
    So far I haven't run into any issues, unless my internet is crap. I have an Xbox if that makes a difference.
  • legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483
    Nice, attacking them on speculation and bias. 

Also, not all consoles are the same. If bogged down with data, corrupted files, possible hardware issues, or any number of other things, the performance could be affected. Regardless of WHICH console. 

Last, you dont have to be braindead to enjoy legion, you just have no not be an elitist "every killer has to be tier 1" prick. ;)
    I like this man
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    I thought the optimisation was supposed to be in the last patch where they made the game prettier.  It runs smoother but it's not consistent. Hopefully it's done sooner than later because when it's bad it's unfair and unfun.
  • SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Implying Minecraft looks bad, smh

For real, I don't have much problems. I've put quite a bit of time into DBD now, and as it stands my biggest problem lays with lag spikes when lunging as a killer, outside of that I can put up with 'most everything. I still get salty ofcourse, and I still have issues with the game, but for the most part I try to enjoy the game, and not look at the problems, since I know the devs are working toward making it a better game.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    edited January 2019

Standard PS4 has always been acceptable for survivor but killer has been awful since the start.

Even after the latest update it may look slightly different but the performance is just as bad imo.

Playing killer has still been fun however – just it would have been easier and better on the eyes if the frame rate had of been better.

I have no expectation now that it will ever be improved substantially. Many similar games run much better it’s just a shoddy port I suspect.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

People should just ascend to the PC Master Race and embrace the glory of high frame rates.

You mean the same rates that leads to pcs constantly needing upgrades buying new ones constant reboots from crashes the fact you can be hacked into and have maclisous software imported into the system of have hidden files put on them buy hackers if rather stick to the occasional frame rate drops on PS4 and be able to play the game  then risk my security and personal data then having to upgrade or change pcs because there outdated 

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Put 400 hours in on PS4 - no way am I swapping to PC now and starting all again!

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited January 2019
    Nickenzie said:

What frustrates me is that my Xbox One X could probably run the game better than 99% of PC's out there. But since the game wasn't built for this platform I'm stuck with 30 FPS until the optimization patch comes out.

If you were triggered by that let me ask, can your PC run Gears 4 in 4k 60FPS?

No? Didn't think so. Checkmate.

Yes? How much money did you dump into it? Probably like $2000 or something. I paid $500. Checkmate.

@Nickenzie said:
    Actually, I have invested into the Xbox One X and it's the equivalent to a PC. Perfect 60 FPS except on certain maps like Haddon Field. Nurse is actually playable believe or not but I cannot speak for those who don't have the most powerful console in the market.

Hate to break it to you Nick, but even the X doesn't run the game at 60 FPS. It's locked to 30 FPS because they have to build for the lowest specs, which is the base Xbox. It does indeed run better than a normal Xbox, but frame drops are still a real issue.

We can't edit file to increase the FPS lock so we're stuck at 30 FPS. My apologies.

This so sad, I was so used to 15 FPS that 30 FPS feels like 60 FPS for me! :cry:

@Nickenzie DBD definitely runs at 60FPS on Xbox one X. I’m certain of it. 30fps never looks that smooth. It’s supposed to run 60fps for everyone on console but until the optimization patch we’re the only ones getting it. Btw, how are you enjoying the X so far? Hope you love it as much as I do. 
  • Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261

i use the xim apex and use my keyboard and mouse.

Evens out the bad fps for the most part.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    We simply push through all the bs this game has to offer. Than we cry
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Meh, I like it

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

I endure with popcorn and iced tea and the ability to recline while playing instead of being hunched over a keyboard. I don really care about the graphics in this game, and my connection is strong enough that I rarely have any lag. I PC game as well, and have a decent rig, this just isn't one of the games I play on PC. Besides its much easier to mute all messaging on PS4 anyway when Im dealing with sweaty tryhard teenage trolls.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

With Captain Morgan Spiced Rum and Coke and few friends to laugh with and joke around as we play lobby simulator. When i'm killer, more drinking and less down time between rounds

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

I don't really have a problem with it, it isn't as bad as some people say it is. I can say it did get a little worse with the recent legion patch.