The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How is the DBD experience on Xbox Series S/X other than the curently known issues?

AggressiveFTW
AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

I want to know how the gameplay experience is like. Is it much different from Xbox One S/X? Is the main menu much faster?

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I'm on PS5 and it runs really well. I didn't notice any problems with the main menu. The PS5 is weaker than Series X, so I would think it'd run just as well (if not better) on the Series X.

I can't say anything about the Series S though because it's much weaker than the other two.

• AggressiveFTW

How is Series S weaker? Can you explain the difference between S and X?

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

look at their hardware and you'll see why the series S is weaker than the series X. also the series X is the new generation and has better hardware than previously.

biggest thing i've heard about the next gen consoles (in its name it's a NEW platform due to program need and hardware calls) is that they are not considered the same platform as the previous gen.

• tonyischill
    tonyischill Member Posts: 53

I'm on series X. Overall, it is a massive improvement in terms of frame rate, loading speed, and graphics. You no longer get those lag spikes whenever sloppy butcher, exposed, bloodlust, freddy dream world, dead hard, etc activates. Playing killer is much more manageable now because you can track survivors better when they try to spin/juke you

• AggressiveFTW

It's fun to hear it's much better! What did you mean when you said it's easier to track survivors better when they try to juke you?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2020

Series S is next gen gaming but on a budget ($300 vs the Series X's $500). You get everything the Series X can but with worse performance (like lower graphics). I've heard it's having problems with other games, like the resolution ends up at 720p or even around 500p. Given how bad DBD ran on last gen consoles, you might have some problems on Series S. I also have not seen anybody bring up the Series S and playing DBD, it's always the Series X or PS5.

It's also digital only. If you have a bunch of discs, then they're useless with Series S.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

The FPS feels better, but it will be limited to the type of monitor/tv you’re playing on. It’s not quite as smooth as PC, but I would say it gives lower end PC’s a run for their money.

• tonyischill
    tonyischill Member Posts: 53

Because the frame rate would be so slow and choppy, I personally found it hard to keep up with quick survivor movements. It also made playing aim-dependent or fast dashing killers such as Huntress, Blight, Oni, and Deathslinger harder to use effectively

• yatevoa
    yatevoa Member Posts: 4

Drunk? The S is the same as S except the 4k but i doubt there is 4k on x anyway.

• Lordofweed
    Lordofweed Member Posts: 297

I got a xbox series x and played DBD a lot. You most likely will have some frame drops here and there (mostly in corn fields and near fully repaired gens.

Also you cant use Mouse and Keyboard unless you got an adapter for it, because there is no MnKB Support implemented.

So the Thing is: The Game itself is great. I love playing but i switched to Pc because its a competetive Game (at least in higher Ranks) and with Controller (even some players prefer it for Survivor Gameplay) its not that great. I can do 360s on Pc with no effort and on Controller i can do it in like 4/10 times correctly. Another thing is you can loop easier with Mouse and Keyboard (very tight pathing) compared to Controller and this can ruin your loop. Also if you Plan to play Killer a lot: Get it for Pc. There are some Killers, that require precise aiming like Nurse, Huntress or Deathslinger for example.

So If you are mostly a Survivor Player then you can 100% get the Game for Xbox Series x and have a great time and a great gaming experienfe there...but dont expect to do well as Killer in High Ranks. You CAN do well but this comes down to each Individual Player and preferences.

• Con28
    Con28 Member Posts: 1

I'm late but just wanted to chime in for anyone who was thinking of upgrading to the series s for dbd. It runs incredibly well, like playing a different game. It was that bad on the xbox 1 I had to just leave it behind, despite It not being as powerful as x I can assure you it can hold its own.