So when are we fixing "Hug Tech"

Options

Kinda getting tired of playing against people who actively exploit.

And before we have this stupid conversation:

Getting an advantage by abusing a not intended game mechanic is exploiting. Period

Comments

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

You are right, this should be one of the thing that need to be added to a big QoL future update. I doubt it would be fixed, but hope is the last thing you lose.

Although more than that, its completely stupid that when you hit a survivor you become ethereal an can pass through the killer... this should not exist. If you are dumb enough to get yourself cornered you must embrace consequences and get downed by 2 M1 hits.

But its not only a bad design decision for that but also because survivor just exploit it to mislead you by hiding "inside" you.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

Wth is hug tech?

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

It's a way to rush as Blight and slide around obstacles instead of bumping into them like normal. Sliding but done on command basically

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Theres nothing to "fix"

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735
    Options

If killers get stuck on pointy pixel and survivor can all the time clip or HUG TECH the wall its legitly okay?

Lets fix both then ye?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I'd say something like locker light save is much more detrimental to game.

• fulltonon
    Options

Sliding through doesn't make him instawin killer anyways, yeah.

Unlike some of the survivor's abuse...

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446
    Options

why should he collide in a corner when even going almost directly to an object he may still slide?

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

A technique that allows Blight to slide around objects.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Right after we fix "heal tech"

• xRam40I9
    xRam40I9 Applicant Posts: 55
    Options

When are we fixing 360s, I'm tired of people exploiting an unintended mechanic.

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600
    Options

I definitely agree with you @OriginalPost, The blight “techs” are honestly just exploits but BHVR does nothing about it.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

She ain't fixed. I'm still encountering dead zones and just a completely inability to blink to some vertical structures.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options
  • Shenlong1904
    Shenlong1904 Member Posts: 293
    Options

Please no, a game that is limited by what the devs want is a bad game.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

We can fix it when they fix the game. Eta: never.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    Options

I didn't say they fixed her, I said they fixed (some) bugs that have been in the game since she was released. At least I haven't had any blink bugs or any such things things when I played her.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,955
    Options

Here is the thing: as a killer main I say "why fix it?"

Its sure irritating and enervating, that the survivors can take the loops tighter, but that's because they are physically smol and the game is, well, asymmetric! Don't take away anything that makes one side or playstyle unique, otherwise we will be left with the most generic basics.

Anyone remembers Blizards Lightning in a Bottle, ie StarCraft? For the first time a RTS game had its factions not be just reskins of the same units, with one or two slight differences (Knights vs Ogres and Paladins vs Ogre Mages), but three radically different factions, that still could somehow compete with each other on the same battlefield, each bringing unique strength with them.

Of course survivors can loop better, that's because they suck at dealing damage (you might have noticed).

If you establish a certain set of rules and mechanics and throw tens of thousands of players at it, of course they will find countless loopholes techniques and tactics that you didn't imagine in your wildest dreams.

Then you can either shut down everything that doesn't go with your vision, or you let it slide and maybe even incorporate it into future updates and patches.

I would love to see bodyblocking modified, foe example, maybe allow killers to shove survivors away with 30% speed because I think that a 100% block is kinda silly, immersion breaking and too strong, but I wouldn't ask for bodyblocking to be taken away. It was a originally a very clever (and brave) application of the gamea rules and mechanics and entire tactics sprung up around it, so don't destroy that! But in games such as this the meta, and some rules and mechanics, have to be continuously be changed and tinkered with, otherwise you will eventually come uo with an optimal solution to each problem and then things become stale and very predictable.

• jakubr21
    jakubr21 Member Posts: 173
    Options

I agree, this exploit should be fixed and if its intended post source where it says that it is, you won't find anything about blight losing collision when looking down on the wikipedia page, in patch notes, in his ability info in the game. And no DBD dev mentioned that it is intended mechanic, only blight mains will defend this exploit and will tell you that McLean said that it is intended mechanic.

• SuzuKR
    Options

Yes that's obviously why McLean literally made his rush collision detecting mechanics have a component that is based off the camera angle after he said he wanted Blight to be able to pick when to slide versus slam. He just unintentionally made the entire component on accident that coincidentally reduces his collision when the camera looks downwards. Patch notes/ability info don't have everything anyways. Even less so a Wikipedia page of all sources. Bubba's ability doesn't mention you can trick survivors by using Tantrum near a dropped pallet to end Tantrum instantly since breaking the pallet ends Tantrum. Oni's page doesn't mention the ability to curve in Blood Fury. Nemesis' ability page doesn't mention the ability to drag the tentacle to the side to affect how it hits.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Fix the 360 tech first, that ######### abuses the hell out of console killers. You can just leave the loop if Blight goes for a hug tech

• jakubr21
    Options

They made many things by accident throughout the years and this is one of them. The other things like curving with oni is known since it was nerfed so you cannot do 180s. It even was changed twice.

• SuzuKR
    Options

McLean literally talked about implementing the two components that detect Rush collision on purpose and how they function. Also, Oni can do well over 180 flicks still.

• jakubr21
    edited February 2022
    Options

You keep repeating that he said it without a proof. At every single Blight post I see the same message from you.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    edited February 2022
    Options

The mechanic is necessary to prevent rushing when you bump an object that is out of FOV but technically an item that has collision. This was a huge issue in the PTB. Removing this behavior would literally cripple Blight. Hug tech is not a way to guarantee hits and is a skillful mechanic.

That being said, I'm a huge proponent of nerfing Blight, but that nerf should not be to his power, which in my opinion is one of the best designed powers in the game. I think that Blights move speed should be reduced to 110 percent. All killers that are at 110 percent move speed rely on their power to get hits, Blight I feel meets that criteria and shouldn't be a 115 percent move speed killer.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,225
    Options

Yeah, that needs to be fixed.

Both killers and survivors have no right to use exploits.

• fulltonon
    Options

Blight can't reliably hit survivors like other 4.4 killers, pretty much all other 4.4 killers can hit through walls/block loop.

• konchok
    Options

As someone with several thousand successful blight rush hits, I disagree wholeheartedly.

• fulltonon
    Options

Whether you disagree or not, the fact is he has to break palette, which pretty much all 4.4 killers don't need to.

• konchok
    edited February 2022
    Options

The only killer who doesn't break pallets is Nurse. Trickster, DeathSlinger, Hags and Spirits are breaking pallets. Spirit was my first main and I would break pallets while waiting for her power to recharge.

• fulltonon
    Options

Any ranged killers CAN hit survivors with their powers through palettes if they are skilled enough, especially trickster.

Hags are in weird position, but she can break loop itself with her trap, I'm not sure if making her 4.4 is good anyway.

Blight, has no way to deal with windows/palettes, if survivors are on safe loop they are safe unless they don't even try to look what blight is doing.

• konchok
    Options

Blight is the best killer in the game right now. In tournaments he's the most played killer, chosen over Nurse consistently. I think he can handle a bit of a nerf.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Idk I've heard from many people that they asked devs other than mclean and said it was fine. Personally I don't even know at this point but have never seen official statement after mclean left.