The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Thoughts on The Artist?

Do you think she is well designed? Fun to play as / VS? Good / meh tier killer?

Comments

• Maverick_74F
    Maverick_74F Member Posts: 159

She's good. I don't have fun with her but yea she's good.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I love her a lot. Fun to play as and I don't really mind going against her. You have to play against her differently than other killers so I like that.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

From everything people were saying on the PTB I thought she would end up being really fun, almost a second main for me but when she came out, turns out she's really not my thing, haven't played her since about a couple weeks after she came out.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I enjoy playing her.

I think she's pretty good. Not S-tier or anything but pretty good

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

She is boring for me. At start, i enjoyed with her. But then i bored.

She is like Pre-Nerf Freddy. Close loop with crow and push survivor to leave or take hit. She is another hold shift + w killer, so i stopped play her. Nemesis is still my fav killer atm.

I am not seeing her in my survivor games, probably people did not like her for same reason.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited January 2022

Okay but can I have a question? You say your fav killer is nemesis but he is also "another" hold W meta aka anti-loop killer like the Artist. So why not like Artist as well when Nemesis has like same "anti-loop, hold W" killer? Just curious.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

She actually feels pretty threatening in chase, her audio design is great and she is all in all a fun Killer, definitely Mommy material

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Nemesis is actually good. And fun. That is the difference. I am offended you would compare them just because he has a wittle tentacle of love and passion that makes looping difficult. It is not at all the same as those lame crows.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Because Nemesis is not losing distance against Shift + W users. Pallets are not problem for him, so Nemesis can catch them so fast. And other reason, i am Resident Evil fan. So other killers can not rival Nemesis for me.

• Etsuhara
    Etsuhara Member Posts: 52

I'd say She's S-tier against the average survivor.

Super fun to play as on any map as long as you have map knowledge and can predict survivor movements.

Fun to down ambitious gen jockeys while in mid chase across the map.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

I think she is a bit hard to play, that being said - I am almost an exclusive survivor player and only tried her in customs with friends.

I do think that she is a bit frustrating to play against, but given my experience playing her - I do think she is hard to grasp, so I don't complain too much.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

Well I liked her enough to make her my third P3 character (after doctor and plague). However I have not been playing her that much because I was burned out from grinding perks and I'm still not done.

As survivor...well I can't say she's boring when I hardly see her. The last match I had against her was a 3man escape and she wasn't running a full deck or perks. I'll probably get stomped when I play against a really good artist.

I have a similar issue with more recent killers like trickster, twins and pinhead. I just don't encounter them enough to really learn much.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Pretty boring to me but she is pretty balanced at least

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

Strong but boring. Leave a loop, get hit. Stay at a loop, get hit. Everyone says she's a better Pyramid Head but imho she's very similar in power level, but so much more boring to play as and against. She's just dull and yet another anti loop no mobility killer- the first few were okay but they keep adding more and more iterations of the same type of interaction and it's just... Yikes.

Reason why I feel like she's a more boring PH is because PH can hit through walls. In one shot. It makes it a lot more tense and just feels more rewarding to hit. But also, you only have to be watching him and what he's doing, instead of keeping your eyes on 3 crows and the killer, who then has to hit 2 shots that really don't feel rewarding and as survivor it feels like there's nothing you can do.

Also DMS Artist makes me genuinely sad.

Overall balanced doesn't equal healthy fun gameplay and imho Artist provides nothing new or original to the game.

(and her sound design is ######### annoying).

• Etsuhara

DMS is like DH for Artist haha. Not fun to go against but to broken not to use.

Btw, what other killer can you snipe survivors cross map, through walls while mid chase with another one? I Feel thats pretty unique. Never seen a PH do that.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

Oh no you can get birds on them... Then they repel them before you can take another shot, effectively wasting your time. True cross-maps on Artist do not happen if the survivors have any form of awareness and the closest you'll likely get is just a decently far away hit.

If we talk in theoretics, then sure. But in actual gameplay? It's never going to happen consistently especially because survivors see the auras of crows when they start (unlike, say, Huntress, who does not show the aura of her hatchet flying through the air when she throws).

• Etsuhara

You would be surprised by how bad the average survivors awareness really are.

Or I guess im just low MMR.

Either way, I do hit those crows consistently and feel awesome doing it. So thats fun gameplay to me.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Agree with almost everything, it's just another killer with the same reskinned power iteration. The only thing I disagree with is the sound design, I really like it

If there's a killer whose sounds alone stop me entirely from playing him entirely, sadly, it's demo. They're just so jgkrkgkdkckk I can't take them

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I like her. 🙂 She’s kind of similar to Doctor in her tracking and zoning and Doctor is one of my favorite killers to play. Basically things that help track survivors are always fun because they help keep you in chases that much more often and her crow auras also help with mindgames at areas with walls and high obstacles. I have some killers in fact that I just run tracking style perks on, it’s fun to just go from one chase straight to another all game, even if it means the loadout isn’t optimal because it’s sacrificing some slow down.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,206

She's good, but I think she's very poorly designed from a fun factor. I find her incredibly annoying from a mechanical and audio presentation standpoint. Repeatedly repelling the crows throughout the trial and hearing their screeching is obnoxious.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285

I hate her.

Hate her anti loop power, hate her sounds, just overall super unfun to go against and I am honestly not interested in learning to play her, I would rather play m1 killer with a twist like ghostie or pig than spam crows at every side of the loop or abuse dead man switch

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

I find her sound design abrasive. She sounds more like whale song, and with her crow range attack it is like sonar pings. This is probably her best quality.

She's not fun to play with controller, really clunky. It's another killer designed around survivors making mistakes.

If I could redesign her power I would make it so you could alter the direction of crows after casting them by moving L-R, before launching. This would make her feel a little more fluid and less about ensnaring and M1.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

I used to find her fun after she was just released because people had not figured out how to play against her yet at that time. Nowadays I find her pretty boring to play. In the fun factor she is a worse version of Pyramid Head due to the fact that zoning and M1ing is way more effective than actually using the power.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I have fun playing her... but I have only faced off against her once

But I do believe that she's addon based

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Weak killer. I think she needs buffs to her basekit cooldowns.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

She's definitely not weak. Just immobile. Artist is one of those killers who can get away with not kicking jungle gym pallets or even the shack if you are playing her very well. There is almost no looping a good artist.

I always use the thick tar + festering carrion which are her best addons atm imo. Being able to shotgun blast 3 crows through a wall if someone is already swarmed is pretty nutty and those addons make it much easier to pull off.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

The fact that you have to use cooldown related add ons is a problem. I think it’s more about the shooting off two or three birds though.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Eh. I mean sure it would be nice if killers had good basekits but the reality is that I have more BP than I know what to do with half the time and it's not like i'm spending it on anything else. 7k in addons when I get like 40-50k a game with BBQ and then the game is just showering BP during events a ton of the time?

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I love everything about her. She's a great killer, and I have a lot of fun playing as her and going against her. Her design is really cool and her lore is great.

The only thing that needs fixed is her cooldown on Dire Crows because survivors can just repel them before you can summon another one to down them.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709

She's a 115 killer who shuts down every common loop. Her power is solely made for zoning. You can gen snipe, but that's about it when it comes to interactive gameplay. Basically just makes her a long distance legion.

Her power offers nothing in terms of interactive gameplay. An Artist will get to a loop, place a crow, and now you have to dip. Either you take a hit while leaving or you take a hit when looping. No matter what she will always win the chase if the killer is competent and knows how to use her. She's a lot like pyramid head where the best way to loop her is to not loop at all. Which leaves the only option being hold w until she catches up. It sucks for both sides and removes everything that makes dbd fun.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Yeah,getting zoned out on every loop is fun.

Or getting crow sniped while you're on the gen from the other side of the map.