The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Boil Over and DMS buffs

Wow so these perks went from useless to very annoying perks to go against. When playing survivor it feels like you literally cannot let go of a gen or it will be blocked and tell the killer where you are. It's almost like a different form of BBQ but with gen slow down attached to it without auras.

The Boil Over is being abused by SWF in main buildings with upper levels or areas with no hooks.

Anyone else feel like they overtuned both of these?

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

DMS isn't like BBQ. Difference is BBQ procs right after a hook, 9 times out of 10, DMS will work when the killer is already on their way to the gen. Sometimes they'll go for the rescue and leave the gen, but not right after the hook happens usually.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

I said it's kinda like BBQ because it kicks in after a hook and if you see a gen turn white you know at least one survivor is in that area. With pain resonance and dms it's slow down and information.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

People were already burning RPD offerings to abuse boon totems, boil over in the library sounds less unpleasent by comparison. Because RPD as a whole is on the negative side.

I'm happy Dead Man's Switch got a buff, it doesn't seem too powerful to me. You can always leave a gen intentionally to lure the killer over there, like a free Red Herring. Since they're blocked, it's not like they can combo it with Hex: Ruin or PGTW

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

I haven't messed around with DMS too much but I guess I don't see it being always useful? You are just blocking the gen it's not like it is regressing.

I hook survivor one, go over to BBQ/SH:PR and get into the next chase.

Survivor two's gen is DMS'd and that doesn't matter because they are getting chased. Survivor three gets off the gen and it's DMS's but they are going for the save so that also does not matter.

Compare that to ruin where both those gens would actively be regressing the entire time.

• DyingWish92

Any perk that blocks a gen or gens is very useful, you are halting the survivors objective. That's why Deadlock became a staple for a lot of killers after it came out with Pinhead. Old DMS stunk because it only worked hooking the obsession but now you can activate this perk up to 10-11 times lol.

• GgamerG
    GgamerG Member Posts: 53

Are the people arguing for a DMS nerf the same ones who say BBQ is op and needs a nerf too? Is it so hard for survivors to let go of a button? If you know the killer has PR and DMS just let go. It's not that hard. And if the killer was coming over there anyway to start a chase with you, the blocked gen is no loss for you just the teammates who decide to go back and repair it in the killer's face. Should be spreading pressure across gens anyways.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Sure it's not terrible but you only get 4 perk slots. I have no room for a mediocre gen perk, since it's neither a fun perk nor as effective as the existing meta ones.

I really don't think it's that good. I actually don't even consider pain resonance that good. It's passive which is nice, but you are relying on map RNG to even use it and it also means that the basement is actually almost a detriment to use.

Ruin and Pop are the kings of regression, always have been and probably always will be. Toss in tinkerer which is god tier with stacked regression and i'm struggling to find a slot for something like DMS. I would take Corrupt or Deadlock over it in a heartbeat as well.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

The information provided is a Pain R thing, not DMS thing.

• Pulsar_Pain
    Pulsar_Pain Member Posts: 23

Today i play against a premade with 2 Boil Over and RPD offer map, useless to say was UNPLAYABLE!

This ######### Developers are killing this game, become ever more unbalanced and toxic, i'm seriously disappointed.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

New DMS isn't that powerful, imo. It got the buff it needed.

Boil Over, on the other hand, got way too over tuned. Mainly because of the bonus 25% wiggle progress gained when the killer drops from a great height.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

The difference between the 2 is DMS is really only an issue on a few killers the rest can maybe block a gen but requires time going there or survivors just letting go themselves. Boil over is dangerous an near impossible to hook if they run to 2nd floor (which they can), and theres no hook up there (there really never is) and can be abused by any survivor.

Killer was already ruff before this. What gets me is how is DH, CoH (even after baby nerf), Boil over, maps, spawns, etc all ok but Wraith is a wee bit OP, DS OP, stale biscuit???? What?

Dont talk bad about it though or you get jailed....or your twitch shirts taken 🤨

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Boil Over isn't good. It's just abusable af. It's literally just like old Object of Obsession. They should remove the bonus wiggle %. Dead Man Switch is a little too epic imo. Should catch a nerf of some kind for sure.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I have played against two artists today who had DMs what never even got one gen block not sure what the hell she was doing and the other blocked 2 gens whole game. Even best case the gen is blocked for 30-40 seconds.....not comparable to not being able to hook.

Just run Agitation and Iron grasp ok great now 2 of my 4 (not 16) perks are just so I can play normal....meanwhile gens get done in blink of an eye unless on 1 of 2 decent maps.

• DyingWish92

I agree with you. I HATE when people say oh just use mad grit against body blockers or agitation and blah blah. Cool so I gotta dedicate 50% or more of my build to deal with survivors (who MIGHT) play like cheese balls and get in my way at hooks. Run agitation, mad grit, iron grasp and watch the gens fly quicker then a shuttle leaving the atmosphere because you have no gen defense.

I cant stand when people say use this or that perk to patch over a very annoying situation that MIGHT occur.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

They kept DMS because you can't get hooks thanks to boil over anyway.