Do You Dodge?

Options
StarLost
StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Here's the situation.

You queue up on killer. You get a lobby pop with 4 survivors waiting. Checking profiles, you notice that 3 of them have private profiles, with a recent VAC ban on record.

Do you dodge?

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

No because if they are cheating it could be hilarious

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Absolutely

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866
    Options

No, because I'm in the mood for filing reports.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,095
    Options

I can't do that (Xbox) but if I had that kind of hint that I'm getting hackers/cheaters, yeah, I'd dodge

I don't dodge for...really anything but if I had a way to know I'm going into a game with hackers, I'd carve an exception for my "no dodge" rule

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,748
    Options

Hell yes I dodge

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,639
    Options

Nah.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

For a VAC ban probably. I don't usually look at their profiles pregame though

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I am not looking screen before match starts. So probably no.

• StarLost
    Options

I don't usually do it, but if I see multiple people with odd names queued together, I'll try to determine if it's an SWF - if it is, I'll load up my best addons and build and probably go hard from the start.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I try to but huntress her hatchets are like magnets

Ow you meant lobby, nope i only check the lobby quickly if the ping is allright and then i ready up and alt tab untill the match starts.

Ever since the key nerf there isn't really a reason to dodge lobbies imo

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

Private profiles with VAC bans and private profile legacies are the only lobbies I'll ever dodge because I genuinely can't be bothered, but also I'm tabbed out of the game 9 times out of 10 so I never usually catch them, and even when I'm tabbed in it's effort to check.

• Zachcjjj
    Zachcjjj Member Posts: 528
    Options

nah not unless i know a specific person in the lobby that plays boring as

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

Dodging them would be hilarious.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 606
    Options

I play every lobby that comes unless there's a very obvious cheater (a killer hanging with the survivors) or if I'm working on a specific tome challenge that's going to require some setup that I don't think the survivors in the lobby will give me and I want to get it done.

• StarLost
    Options

I'll dodge under 3 circumstances.

• Someone who I've played against before and was horrible.
    • I suspect a hacker
    • It's a TTV or multiple TTVs and I'm not on a killer I'm confident on.
  • bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

As killer if I previously played the survivors in a recent match I will dodge. I'm not a fan of playing against same players in back to back matches or every other match (ie match 1 survivor group A, match 2 survivor B, match 3 survivor group A again). I don't like playing against same killer I faced in previous match of game session when I'm a survivor so not about to do it as killer if I can avoid it.

As survivor if it's a survivor from previous round that wasn't fun to play with or one I've played with multiple times and each time hasn't been fun I'll dodge.

Sometimes I'll dodge lobbies with TTV players because more often than not they just aren't fun to play with/against.

• ryzen0849
    ryzen0849 Member Posts: 143
    Options

Never checked profiles before. Didn't even know people did that.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

Funnily enough, I typically only dodge friends. People get sensitive about perceived playstyles and tactics.

• Sowbug
    Sowbug Member Posts: 139
    Options

In that situation, yes. Literally any other reason, including old vac bans from years ago, no.

• Sowbug
    Sowbug Member Posts: 139
    Options

I cannot dodge my friends, it's so funny to get messages from them in the post-game chat and mess with them in game.

• StarLost
    Options

Usually it's just curiosity - and to allow me to adapt my playstyle somewhat.

If it's someone with 80 hours, I'll go a lot easier than someone with 800.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

My profile is open to all, but for the rest I do exactly the same thing *Thumbs up*

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I’ve never dodged a lobby

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,261
    Options

Nah, I don't check profiles. Only time I leave a lobby is when my ping spikes up by several hundred MS, which with this internet is always a possibility.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Kinda hard to dodge when I just queue up, tab out and tab back in only when I hear the start-of-match-spin woosh sound play. So no, I simply can't be bothered to do so.

• StarLost
    Options

Like...older VAC bans are whatever.

Recent ones...I'm suspicious.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

I playable survs and I check profiles. If I see a camper or tunneler playing surv I dodge

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,479
    Options

Sounds like i can't do any of that from my Xbox. Da fuk is a VAC bann?

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320
    Options

If the ban is recent, yes. Otherwise I mainly dodge if I recognise the person I'm with and know they're toxic and horrible. if its a SWF and a killer I'm not very good with then i may also dodge if I'm just not in the mood

• xRam40I9
    xRam40I9 Applicant Posts: 55
    Options

I saw a Meg with a twitch shirt and a private account, I dipped real fast.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,106
    Options

I don't anything due to not being able to see anything about the killer I'm going to face. My computer does crash during loading if there is an RPD offering tho.

• StarLost
    Options

Basically it's a permanent mark of shame on your Steam profile. It shows that you were banned, and how long ago - generally for cheating.

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732
    Options

I just dodge, I just be dodging no rhyme no reason Im just out here dodging lobbies.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,732
    Options

I don't check profiles and don't really care for hours or -reps (unless there's a bunch of complaints of sandbagging/griefing). Private profiles doesn't mean anything to me because so many people do it to avoid hate mail. That said, a VAC ban would be an instant dodge from me. I don't trust anyone who's cheated on multiplayer games not to do it again, especially not here where the anticheat is about as good a protective shield as Swiss cheese.

• StarLost
    Options

Yeah, I have a private profile myself (unsurprisingly, this game is literally why) - but PP plus a recent VAC ban makes me go 'yeah, I'm going to spare myself the trouble'.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I mostly play on console, so I can't check profiles. But if I were in this situation on PC, than yes I would definitely dodge. I'm not risking it.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

Was about to make a similar comment. I usually queue up then watch a part of a youtube video for a bit. Sometimes it's a mistake as I fail to realize im going against a 4 man SWF, all dressed up in bright colorful outfits on Nea or Feng.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    Options

Do you dodge? 9 out of 10 Piccolos day Gohan would not dodge.

Be like Gohan; don't dodge.

😁

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246
    Options

Some killers keep a hand written list of the worst bullies they come across so it doesnt happen again. Ive dodged a few that way. Im on xbox too. Good luck

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

I have my list sitting nearby. I don't dodge them though, unless they were part of a coordinated bully squad. I just ignore them the whole match. It's quite refreshing.

I only dodge if I see more than 1 TTV or Twitcher shirt. From prior experience, 2+ streamers = toxic. If it's just 1, I'll just play my normal game. If it's Streamers I recognize though, and have enjoyed games versus in the past, I'll stick in there. I do keep a rough mental idea of who plays reasonably decent, and the ones who are just out for trolling. The ones who are really fun to play against I write down on a separate list though.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890
    Options

Honestly, at this point. If you are not dodging every private profile as the killer you are setting yourself up to be held hostage. It's clear BHVR/EAC cannot get a handle on the situation as of right now. The Q times are fast enough I will spend the extra 20-25 seconds to find a full console lobby or a fully lobby of legit profiles to play with. No reason to waste your time playing with private profiles because I will hit cheaters in this game literally every day when I don't do that.

Sometimes if I am really lazy I will allow 1 private profile, but 2+ is an instant dodge. I just get ready to AFK for when the cheater starts flying around spamming the hook sound.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

When I look for pip up, I do.

When I just want to play, I don't care, there is too much opponents who is better to dodge.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

Yes. Anyone who says they never dodge and plays every lobby no matter what is lying.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,903
    Options

I never check profiles or dodge survivors. So... no.