Remove SWF

2»

Comments

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246

Yeah, Theres plenty of good ones out there, shame the bad ones ruin it. 😔 it would be interesting to hear the walkie talky sound and some muffled voices though if players were nearby. Add to realism.

• HisLilGuppy
    HisLilGuppy Applicant, Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2022

Uuuh I play with my cousin all we do for game info is state if they have BBQ, ruin, undying etc otherwise we're talking about really dumb (insert bad word) ex:

If you were transformed into a worm would the person who did it make you have the same human feelings and conscious so you are forever a worm with higher thinking but can't do anything with it?

Do aliens drive by our planet and roll up their windows like we do in sketchy places ?

Would you be able to resist eating your own arm if it was made out of garlic bread if it grew back every day?

Most players aren't using the comms competivetly nor using them as you suspect. Most times it's 2-4 idiots having fun

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

As main killer for me its fine you play with your friends what its not fine by me its the game information part.

Becuz people without comms loses time in:

Rescuing 2 persons same time.

1 or 2 person looking for totems in the same area or in a area just made.

1 hex totem got discovered and while I chase the person who saw it another person is breaking it.

And much more situations where comms information benefit survivors.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I actually prefer to face SWF. It is more fun because they can work together instead of beating on some solo player doing an archive challenge that makes me feel awkward about killing them in the first minute because someone farmed them for BP.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

I think it's important to note the why solo survivors aren't as efficient as SWF though. Not all of it has to do with plain communication.

My friends are more reliable in general meaning that they will:

• Take a hit once in a while.

• Take aggro.

• • Do a gen without hesitation.
    • • Save and not let survivors to go phase 2 even when they are near the hook.

I could go on and on. Things that aren't even relevant to communication or lack there of. We could play without comms and still do just as well because we rely on each other.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

This is never gonna happen. Do not even dream it.

• SilentShepherd
    SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527
    edited February 2022

The best fix is to create a separate queue. Make a queue specifically for people who want pure Solo survivor games, and then a separate queue for people who are using SWF's.

Yes, the SWF queue will be lacking Killers. But this is a HUGE RED FLAG to your developers that Killers are not playing your game because of SWF.

I'm not saying remove SWF. Just create a separate queue for those who want to play with their friends and matchmake public players.

my second idea, which I am not too fond of....

A Radio.

Radio - allows survivors to speak to each other with voice chat

so the in game survivors have an in game voice chat. Either a Perk or an item.

• UnknownKiller
    edited February 2022

Im sure you wont play as well as when you use comms with friends are a little bit more coordinated but never the same.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Yeah I totally get that. Like I said I add the survivor that I felt were good teammates in my solo que games. I want to play with people that are good, can take chases and don’t do stupid plays like unhooking without bt in front of the killers face. I’m on PlayStation and I add anyone so most of the time I don’t have communication and that’s fine because I know I’m playing with good teammates. I had a twitch streamer playing pinhead ask us if we were a swf and we said yes but with no coms and he was like “fair” lmao

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

Funny you say that because we've actually tested it out. We weren't able to make some calls like telling each other what the killer had in terms of add ons, or where a hex was. In general though, we found out that that stuff didn't matter since we were all capable of figuring them out ourselves. The core part still remained and that was that we were all reliable and efficient.

Someone was camped and the other person traded hooks to buy more time. If a person didn't have BT, they knew to at the very least take a hit so that the person with BT had a chance to go in for the save. Those are things not all solo queue survivors just are willing to do. Which has nothing to do with communication.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

Half of the playerbase would permanently vanish if they removed SWF, if not more. They obviously never are going to do that. What however could be done is have some sort of base Thanatophobia for every player in a SWF but they clearly are always way too scared to nerf anything on the survivor side.

• VanitasRyuzaki
    VanitasRyuzaki Member Posts: 110

You do realize that SWF is out of game implementation. People use XBOX Party Chat or Discord and just invite friends to play. SWF isn't a mechanic that can be removed from the game because its something people just do. Plus, a lot of people do more SWF these days because many players are newbies or really don't do anything all game, so many gamers invite their friends to play because they need and want reliable teammates.

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

Only major problem I can find immediately is that doesn't account for 3rd party chat.

• UnknownKiller

Yeah im not saying that with intuition u cannot communicate but for example stealth and traps killers.

If your friend says there is a trap on a window so dont use it while you are in chase how does your friend tell it to you?

This discussion has been closed.