The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Worst feeling in the world

I don’t know about you guys, but when I’m getting hook camped and die on first hook, then go to the end game screen and see my solo que team mates running borrowed time, we’ll make it, and empathy or some kind of saving build— I lose all faith in humanity.

That feeling of, wow, my team could have saved me no problem but chose to walk around or stick to a gen when no one else has been hooked the entire match is really enough to make me stop playing for weeks. I had bad games before the new system, but in red rank I never had teammates leave to to die while they had bt and no hooks. Now, no matter what, at least every three games I get left for dead. Maybe I’ll start maining Bill.

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I know how you feel buddy. Solo queue is the worst.

• DragonKnight355
    DragonKnight355 Member Posts: 22

Solo queueing is very difficult in many degrees possible. If you are playing solo, I would just bring perks that will mostly help keep track of the killer like Dark Sense, Kindred, and Spine Chill (Or other perks that works as well). Knowing the killers location for a good period of time can help when you are playing solo. And another thing I will say about solo queueing, never rely on your teammates to get you out. Mostly in solo ques, it will be every man for himself sort of deal. So therefore it will be best to bring good perks that can make you last or plan your next movement and actions efficiently.

Do not take this personal, my opinions and words I say is mostly irrelevant. All this is just advice.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Yeah, solo queue can be frustrating when your teammates do things like that. I've died more to my teammates than the killer.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

That becomes extra fun when it's a certification you have to keep updated for your career... More so when you've passed it in previous years.

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246

Come play killer for a while if you are solo . When i see a poor solo left on hook for ages, i tend to leave them alone once they are finally rescued. Especially if they are only rescued right in front of me after a long chase cos some troll wants me to go for the easy kill. Nope, i wait then continue the original chase 😆 nice try sandbagger.

Good luck player. Hope you get some good games soon

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Survivors are the real killers.

• ElizaSteph
    ElizaSteph Member Posts: 106

You’re a real one man, I appreciate players like you. One of the only reasons why this game isn’t insufferable 24/7 these days. I wish more survs considered killer experience—and teammate experience too.

But I bid you good games as well pal, godspeed!!!

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

My last gm tonight ran a Blight for what should have been 3 gens (1 got done) finally got caught and my solo squad doesn't even attempt an unhook. Killer was chasing kate while Felix and Nea crouched behide debris. Not once did either of them even think of coming......they all died less than a minute later wonder why.

• ElizaSteph

This has been a common experience for me since the new rank system 😭. I see my team crouch around and let me go to struggle, then do one gen after I ran the killer for four-five minutes and dropped most of the good pallets. Plenty of time to do 3 or four gens. I feel for you man, I hope it gets better :’).

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

For me, it's getting this close to an adept I'm struggling with on a killer, only to have a survivor deliberately DC and say something like 'no adept 4 u' in postgame.

• lonesomekill

Check out 'my life as a killer' in discussion. Hope it gives you a laugh

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I had some loser dc for hatch when I needed a 4k challenge, and it still counted even though I was slugging them when they quit. They got rolled...

• Etsuhara
    Etsuhara Member Posts: 52

A couple days ago I had match where I did 3 gens, unhooked 4 survivors. Endgame there were only me and another left alive. I finnish the last gen, 99 the exit gate, unhooks the other survivor and bodyblock to save my teammate but gets downed by noed. My teammate opens the gate that I prepaired and then waits by the exit. The killer hooks me close to the same gate, its my first hook, I have deliverence and DS ready... the moment i get hooked the survivor escapes... if she only waited a second longer... she had already waited the whole time the killer carried me... 

I still cant let that game go... I'm ussually such a potato playing survivor but I did so well that game. I will forever hate that Meg x(

• ElizaSteph

NO THAT SOUNDS SO HORRIBLE 😭. I’m sorry man I don’t know how you didn’t uninstall at that moment. I’ve had games where I had a cheeky deliverance ready but I’m only hooked when everyone else is dead or gone and it really makes you punch air. I feel for ya man, it’s players like you who go back for others when you could leave that make the game playable. I try my best not to leave people behind. I hope you get better games in the future pal, I tip my hat to you.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

The worse feeling in the world for me was when my fiancee broke up with me on Christmas morning because "she thought it would make it hurt less", and then spent the rest of the evening spending time with the guy she was seeing behind my back online.

Yep. I do not miss 2001.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Well... Yeah, that is definitely worse than anything DBD has thrown at me.

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

That's pretty bad, but it's probably worse when you pick a weak killer and run into a 4-stack SWF with meta everything and you get maybe one hook the entire game and they act like it's a great accomplishment to chain Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, Dead Hard again, Unbreakable, Decisive Strike, Iridescent Syringe.

• lonesomekill

Thats why i let my last downed survivors go after the gate opens. Let them wiggle free as i walk to the gate. I have no idea if they are solo, and i saw my kid go through the same thing when we started playing, they were pretty crushed by it. I know when its game over. Unless they teabagged me.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

What a charmed life you must lead, where you think being put out of a game is the worst feeling in the world. Are you 12 yet?

Oh God, the horror of it! You didn't win this game and it doesn't matter in any way! How do you go on, delicate flower? You must be overcome with grief, you wanted the game to go a certain way and it didn't. How will you go on after this great and overwhelming loss?

You lost all faith in humanity because a killer decided to play A GAME the way they wanted? Maybe you're too weak to play this game, or any game.

• ElizaSteph

I’m 21 💀 this post was just a joke man. It’s on a dbd forum after all. I figured “worst feeling in the world” was an obvious hyperbole related to the game lol.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

This is best complaint thread because complaint is actually going to survivors and not killers.