Are you excited/buying Dying Light 2 on launch day?

Options
Cornpopers_Evan
Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Hello everyone, Dying Light 2 is very close to officially being launched and it seems to be mostly positive but, I have seen a fair share of criticism from it. The biggest issue it seems is that it's apparently extremely buggy right now and there's a massive day one patch but, I sadly kind of expected that with Techland's track record. Either way, I'm on the fence right now on if I want to pick it up on day one or just wait for a month or two for stuff to be ironed out. Just kind of want some opinions on it.

Comments

• HelloYou
    HelloYou Member Posts: 99
    Options

Unless you're a YouTuber or a Streamer, never pre-order or buy day one, always wait and see if the game is stable and not a mess.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,373
    Options

I haven´t finished DL1 yet...

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

The original Dying Light was a masterpiece.

But I can wait on this one, especially with the price of games.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Wouldn’t call it a masterpiece. The story is pretty shallow and combat against human AI is awful

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited February 2022
    Options

Personally I throughly enjoyed it.

Was really fond of Dead Island and somebody then recommended Dying Light. It was much better. It did possibly everything Dead Island did but better.

The dense hordes of zombies roaming around the city are impressive. Taking them out is satisfying.

Playing at night was significantly harder with more caution required. This was a really nice touch.

The storyline had a good expansion in The Following dlc.

Overall, a really fun game. Definitely my favourite zombie game.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I love the first Dying Light, I still play it today. Not so sure about Dying Light 2, though. I'll probably wait, especially because of game prices these days.