I think Scott Jund's video nailed it on MMR

I'm referring to the stuck in a 'Stuck in a Killer MMR bullying loop' video. When I play solo queue survivor I also play very selflessly, take lots of protection hits, take aggro to save a teammate on death hook, etc and, because of that, I've been sacrificed a lot. Consequently, I end up in games where I get a string of brand new killers who literally can't catch me. As an example, I've been in games where the killer killed the potatoes at 3 or 4 gens and myself and the other remaining survivor did the rest of the gens and got out.

This would be incredibly frustrating to a new killer as, in an asymmetric game, the power role has to be stronger than any of the individual components of the other side or the power role is set up for a frustrating, terrible experience.

Honestly, I'm not a great survivor but I have enough basic competence to get to Iri 1 as survivor (pipping up at red requires doing 3 gens, 2 safe unhooks and 2 health states healed, evading the killer for roughly 45 seconds and surviving for 9 minutes so at least basic knowledge of gameplay) but I've also gotten hatch on killers I think I could have soloed if I had been willing to spend roughly an hour on one match.

If I've done enough as solo survivor to pip up at red ranks my team is probably going to win but since I play selflessly I quite often sacrifice myself to get the other three out. Yet this means my MMR drops.

I never tbag nor do I ever taunt the killer (I even offer mercy hooks if my team is being horribly nasty arses to the killer) but it's super frustrating for a new killer to go up against a survivor they can't catch and I say that from remembering my first few days. To help out the new player experience the MMR system needs to be tweaked and changed.

TLDR: The MMR system makes it a frustrating experience for new players due to mismatches in skill.

Comments