The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BM should be bannable

An example of BM that is already bannable is body blocking survivors in corners, and I think it should be extended to BM that serves no gameplay purpose and is solely to spite other players. These are:

-T-Bagging at exit gate

-Loud noise/Iron Maiden notification spamming

-Repeatedly striking survivors on hook

-Slugging for 4 minutes (provided it is extremely clear it is for BM and not for gameplay purposes like avoiding DS or being unable to find/hook the survivor)

Comments

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

None of these are even that bad at all except being bled out which is just boring more than anything, and instead of banning for that they could simply add a mechanic to bleed out faster if you're fully recovered.

Nothing worth banning people over lol

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

It can be abused or whatever.

• SquidBad
    SquidBad Member Posts: 56

its really subjective when a killer stands over your body nodding at you for 4 minutes while you and your teammates bleed out. Its really subjective when 4 people are t-bagging at the exit gate. lol, no. Intention can be super clear when something is happening repeatedly or over an extended period of time.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

When you're standing at the exit area just being a flog for no other reason than you're a flog?

• lonesomekill
    lonesomekill Applicant Posts: 246

Im not fussed about most goofy bm. Teabagging etc . Serious body blocking a survivor into a corner for a long period is already a banning offence. Slugging then standing over the bodies for bleedout is a boring tactic but i dont think its against the rules. Its just an ego trip

• BirdSpirit
    BirdSpirit Member Posts: 186

There needs to be a limit to how many times you can click a flashlight in the span of like 2 sec. I dunno what you can do about t-bagging.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

My entire point is you cannot enforce a rule based on a vague justification. Is the speed limit a generic 'dont drive too fast' or is it a set concrete number because the former is too hard to enforce. The same applies to 'dont be a jerk'. What constitutes being a jerk? How do you define that in such a way that you can enforce it? standing inside the exit gates & t-bagging? Ok survivors will stand right outside of them. T-Bagging/flash light clicking? Survivors will do the next best - thing picking up/putting down items. Killers hitting you on hook? Ok now they will spin in circles in front of you.

Regardless of the rule & intention if people want to irritate you/deliver a message in game then they can easily do so.

• SquidBad
    SquidBad Member Posts: 56

Dude its not a "strategy" to tbag at the exit gate or leave people on the ground for 4 minutes because you have already won. I don't understand how brain damaged you have to be to think that being rude after winning is a strategy.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

I had a pretty lmao moment earlier as Insidious basement Bubba. I facecamped a first guy to death and then am in the middle of basement camping my second kill when the final gen gets done.

So the two remaining survivors start to spam vaults but I assume would not come close to the basement since I could be hiding anywhere.

So they are doing the BM, I go down and BM the second survivor a bunch until he is dead. Then I insidious camp the chest until they left. Everyone wins!

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I do find it funny how you state that blackface bubba was fine but want people punished for spamming ctrl or hitting survivors on hook, lmao.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

You must become one with the BM, channel the BM, be the BM. Let that little toxic seed grow petals of beautiful toxicity.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Toxicity is what keeps this game alive and popular.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

So you should be banned only for t-bagging at the exit gates and nothing else?

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,922

What is BM?

• Seanzu

You even voted "no" on it being offensive despite black people being offended by it, but sure punish people for spamming the ctrl button because it's 'annoying'.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658
    edited February 2022

Technically it stands for Bowel Movement. In video games Button Mashing. Same thing lol as teabags look like the first BM

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Listen I don't appreciate BM or trash talk but be very careful what you wish for because when you start banning people for actions taken inside of the game itself and isn't anything said or spoken then you're entering very murky territory.

The whole problem with people being bad sports, BM and the like is that half of it is unpleasant people being generally unpleasant and the other half is projection/seeing what you think you see.

DBD has this habit of flicking a switch in some peoples heads, I can testify because it's happened to me - you have a few rough games with people like this so you decide "alright then, my turn" then you basically do the same thing to another group of people and yadda yadda the whole dbd cycle argument has been mentioned a billion times but it still holds true.

Here's a question for this discussion, if one day we all just somehow collectively decided to stop caring about BM and we just ignore it when it happens - would people still do it as often as they do? I genuinely don't know but it's a fun thought experiment.

• Seanzu

oh look the forum is full of people that don't think things that are racist is bad.

They literally made bubbas face under the mask darker than his default skin, it was far more than just a mask.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955
    edited February 2022

While i think BMing in this game is a ######### thing to do, i dont think it should be banable, you're just going to drag innocents into bans and these things are way too minor.

The only thing that BHVR absolutely needs to address is the flashlight micro due to the potential real life harm it can cause.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

I thought BM stood for Bafflegab Malapropism?

Hmm. The more you know.

I

• Brokenbones

probably gonna regret asking this, forgive me:

since BHVR authorised & created that cosmetic in the first place, do you consider BHVR a racist company?

• Seanzu
    edited February 2022

No, even the artist that made them came out and said he was glad they were removed, but I saw my friends targeted with this mask many times and could see the negative effects on it. I'm white, and the mask didn't effect me but I saw how it could effect others and I think being empathetic to obvious racism is important.

Just because things aren't offensive to you doesn't mean they aren't offensive to someone else etc.

Just look at the front page right now, there's yet another thread "if bubba had his mask removed should they remove huntress black variant as well?"

• Brokenbones

But according to you, the cosmetic itself was racist regardless of how it was being used, right?

So BHVR authorised and allowed something racist to be put into the game and left it there for years.

I'm just trying to understand your perspective here, that's all. I'm with you I'm glad it's gone, it sucks to see content removed from the game like the other masks but it had to happen

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

If that happens all pvp will die pretty fast! Although bm'ing someone over a video game just makes you look like an absolute pencil swollower.

If i face à toxic squad.... It's not that omg I'm crying they were mean to me!

It's just.... Annoying. It's like sharing the bus with a bunch of annoying brats.... I'm not going to develop depression over it but my god, it just sucks all the fun out of playing the game.

Try not to dwell on it though, 5 minutes later and those players don't even remember it any more.

If it really gets to you.... Once they start bm'ing.... It's time to bring out the memes! I've had really annoying matches go from toxic to fun! Worse case scenario, they'll get bored by you not playing the game so they'll fix the gens and leave.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

cry about it

• Seanzu
    edited February 2022

I think it's entirely possible to think "oh wow, this is such a cool idea and it's totally thematic to leatherface". But in hindsight it just isn't a good thing at all, there's obviously a lot of negative (and rightfully so) opinions around darkening your skin.

Just look at the front page right now, there's yet another thread "if bubba had his mask removed should they remove huntress black variant as well?"

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,132

I empathise with how it may feel for you when this happens, and yes it can be very annoying. Yet I'm not seeing the justifications for making it a bannable offence.

Take the body-blocking a survivor in a corner, for example: As you say, it's bannable, but only under a specific situation of gens still needing to be done. A mod or dev said in another discussion that if the same tactic is used after the EGC starts then it's not bannable since the game is in the process of ending. So, if a tactic such as slugging is employed, that still has an end with the bleed-out. I absolutely agree that slugging with gens still going is frustrating, but it's still an end. Besides, there are perks to use in those cases.

As for the other points: if you feel there are survivors wasting time at the gates, just stay away and smash some breakable walls or pallets and get more BP. Maybe spot some ways to practice your power. They have to leave soon, and in the end they'll only leave upset they got no response. Or chase them out with hits. The game is still ending. It's childish and predictable anyway, so laugh it off as they perform their little dance to nobody.

Hitting on the hook is a pain. Still, the killer is wasting their time and in most cases repeated hook hits may mean the survivor was a dick beforehand. Sometimes it's just a player who's having some midlife crisis, but more often that behaviour is someone who has been triggered, whether by being made to feel embarrassed or the survivor player being a dick.

The Iron Maiden spam is really not an issue in my mind. Give you more time to get close and take them out. It's what Iron Maiden is for.

Finally, the big thing is what would happen in a scenario where the survivor is constantly clicking and teabagging whilst being chased, and then the killer finally downs them, hooks them and repeatedly hits them on the hook. That would then be a double ban, when actually the survivor was trying the distract the killer and the killer is trying to get them out of the game.

I'm all for people actually being better winners or losers, but banning isn't the answer. And imagine the sheer backlogue of investigations that would amass; bogging up other investigations into hackers, etc.., it just wouldn't work.

• Brokenbones

I agree with you, we're on the same page

But that's also why I don't think it's fair for you to criticiise @GeneralV for it. The people who came out/are still making threads crying about the masks or making whataboutisms/being ignorant about it deserve criticism 100% but that's not what happened here

I don't wanna derail this thread anymore but thank you for your time regardless. Thank you for being civil with me about this

• ObservantOfTime
    ObservantOfTime Member Posts: 209

Nothing more needs to be said. If players do something that's against the game's rules, report them for it. If they do something that's not against the rules but annoys you, I suggest just dealing with it.

• pithsts
    pithsts Applicant Posts: 31

uh yea no.

not saying it isnt annoying for people to do these things but in the end if someone crouching up and down at an exit gate is pissing u off to the point u want that person banned i think you should take a break...

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Interesting never heard that one. So BM stands for all 3 then

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Dude it's a online video game, there's bound to be BM and toxic players. Making it bannable is just silly.