The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Help me pick next killer from : Hag , Blight , Oni

So I'm trying to decide which killer I should get with my 9000 shards , I currently have Bubba , Ghost face , spirit and the other free killers on PC .

Hag :

*Pros :

- I want ruin it will help me with gen rushes and has a lot of value plus devour hope good perks ( good perks)

-Jump scares and good at preventing saves and some loops and pallets , windows with her traps

*Cons:

-Boring gameplay that I'm worried I might get bored of quickly and slow chasing speed

-Can't teleport further than 40 meters so you need to play around 1 area which is boring and gives survivors access to far gens and I don't know how her ability works do you choose which trap to teleport to or it's automatic and what's the warning you get when a trap is activated and she needs some strategy

Blight :

*Pros:

-Very appealing fun playstyle that allows ending chases quickly and you can keep improving

-High mobility to patrol gens

-Undying perk

*Cons:

-Looks easy to play on videos but that's a trap I think I'll regret it he looks really difficult and frustrating to play and I don't want to waste 9000 to regret it

-Weird field of view because he is short

-missing walls and impact will result in leaving the chase area and survivors escaping and a bad blight won't land hits

Oni :

-Pros: - Fun chasing speed and easy to maneuver and land insta downs which means ending chases quickly

-Cons:- not good perks

-weird field of view while using his power

-needs to keep survivors injured and takes time to refill his ability

-looks fun for a bit then gets boring to play and his animations look bad

These are my opinions about them and I'm not sure which one will be the right choice as I need hag perks but her gameplay is kind meh , blight has only 1 good perk but his gameplay looks fun but might be super difficult for me I avoided nurse entirely because she was frustrating to play so I'm worried that blight is similar , avoided billy too because his ability is difficult as for oni he looks viable to win matches but no useful perks sadly and he gets boring looks like

Comments

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732

Im biased towards Oni as hes taken up most of my playtime though in the current meta hes probably the weakest of the 3. Id say Blight, become unstoppable.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Blight. Good lord Blight.

Hag is dead since CoH. Survivors can outlast her grinding playstyle pretty easily since they now have access to unlimited fast healing.

Oni suffers a fair amount from it as well. You can still pop off with him but you will not have nearly as many games where there's a bunch of injured survivors leaving orbs for you who are under too much pressure to heal.

• BadZilla
    BadZilla Member Posts: 467

I'm in a bad spot because I need hex ruin so bad but I don't want to play hag and shrine probably won't have those perks

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670

Oni.

• OpenX

You don't need it anymore. The meta has shifted and there's a good number of viable alternatives at this point. It's still the biggest and baddest regression perk but you will be disappointed if you are not used to relying on RNG to win.

I would be leveling up clown in your situation. Or maybe Artist. Pop / Bamboozle are just soooo good and you get both with 1 character. Whenever I have made a new account it went Bubba --> Clown ---> Plague. Corrupt is still the best 1 and done stall perk in the game.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Hag has the same short view as the Blight, actually. She's pretty short.

But that being said - all short killers actually more options for mind games on certain "Partial visability" loops due to their shorter stature that you are not going to have with Oni. Not to mention Oni is VERY LOUD and has a hard time sneaking up on anybody. He's more of a "Brute Force" killer.

My impressions of the 3 are as follows.

HAG - My strongest of the 3. 40 meters is more than enough distance if you are good at making sure the survivors don't split the gens and keep them grouped together. This essentially means that as the gens pop, the territory you have to defend gets shorter which makes your teleport range limitations a non-issue as long as you're good about keeping your traps placed. She can be outright oppressive when it comes to preventing unhooks. Devour Hope is undervalued to most people - you don't even need to get 5 tokens to get value out of it. Just getting 1 insta-down from 3 tokens alone makes the Hex worth it in my book as it not only saves time in that specific chase - it has a tendency to pull people off gens while they go looking for the hex.

BLIGHT - Strong killer, wish I was better at him. Unfortunately, my eyes are too bad to get much value out of him - have a hard time picking up where people are and judging how much I need to turn on every bump. Pity though, I really like the little freak.

ONI - One thing I realized really quickly with Oni is how good he is about picking up information on where survivors like to run. All you need to do is start spilling blood and the little orbs left behind leave you a ton of info. Like, who is willing to push gens injured, where people like to hide, the loops they favor and so forth. His snowball potential when using slugging builds is absolutely crazy.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

If those are your only choices for next killer then hands down blight......be prepared tho as his learning curve is steep. If you however get amazing at him then your in the top % of killers as hes almost as good as Nurse. I want to say again tho that he takes an extremely large amount of play time to get good at so if you do pick him be prepared to be frustrated for a while also start out with lethal persuer. As for hag she is ok but takes so much setup time Hex ruin is definately a must have. Oni is mid tier so you wont get far with him but he can punish altruism he at least is probably the easiest to learn out of those 3

Easy: Oni

Medium: Hag

Hard: Blight

So depending on how skilled you are take them in that order to learn

• ryzen0849
    ryzen0849 Member Posts: 143

Blight 100%. I'm new to Blight, only a few hours on him, and the basics of his power isn't too difficult. Watching Lilith Omen and his guide helped. His height has been fixed for a while now, so he isn't short anymore. As for the last point, it takes practice to know how far you can rush and what will or won't make you slide away.

• BadZilla

I'm waiting for PGTW on shrine since clown is meh not the most fun killer to play but ruin with undying is viable I thinks so basically I need hag and blight

• BadZilla

the only problem is that earning shards takes forever and picking a new killer but not liking him will cost you forever to buy another one sadly I already bought 2 dlc's so I don't feel like wasting more money

• BadZilla

yeah I wish they had an option to try a killer solo or something I'm not sure if he is a good option without trying him first

• OpenX

I think clown is pretty fun. But you need to be good at killer to really use him. Map knowledge is super important for him compared to most other chase killers, since you need to lay down gas pre-emptively and with a fair amount of precision to actually get hits instead of just forcing pallet drops.

Ruin Undying is OK. I run Ruin Pop myself. Totems are a huge target since boons came out, and there are more people running rainbow maps than ever. All it will take is 1 Mikela with a rainbow map and half your build is nullified in like 60 seconds or less.

Hag is misery to play since CoH in my opinion. You can't leave your zone and usually need to rely on survivors staying injured to actually get a down, and with CoH they will never stay injured and can retreat back to the totem endlessly.

Blight is a ton of fun, and honestly pretty easy to use if you know the maps. Someone like Billy / Nurse are way harder so you might be good with him.

• BadZilla

everyone is saying blight so far he is my 100% purchase if it wasn't for perks I need hex ruin and devour to climb

• GuyFawx

You honestly get more from killers people dont expect its especially frustrating if that killer is expected to loose and you dominate. It of course requires to think out of the box as well as use specific strategies that are in your favor. I say this now due to the fact that I almost always consider legion an instant win as a survivor and I went against one that just completely dominated the team.

• GuyFawx

Ya it was one reason I miss the old trial tokens dbd use to have in the bloodweb you could test out killers even if it was usually a loss

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

Blight is no longer short.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

Picking up Blight was the best decision I've ever made on this game, just use Shadowborn and you're good.

Also, he's not short anymore.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited February 2022

I actually defended Blight's lower than avg perspective before:

Of course, that was my best post... but I still feel that the moment his perspective was "corrected" the entire killer community lost something dear and meaningful. Sigh... At least Hag still has this advantage!

Joking aside, Of the 3, I have to say that the 2 most potent or usable are Blight and Hag. While Hag is undoubtedly the harder to learn, the rewards of doing so are staggeringly obvious, even in the current meta. If you're only getting her for the Perks, it'd be best so simply save up for when they show up in the shrine again, but if you actually mean to play her, Then go for it! She's got one hell of a learning curve, but like Nurse, She's practically unbeatable in the right hands. As for Blight...

Simpler to learn, but no less effective. His biggest strength is his mobility and map pressure. Learning the specifics of this isn't as difficult as learning Hag or Nurse, but simply becoming "decent" as Blight yields great rewards. Basically what I'm saying, is that while he cannot compete with a pro level Hag or Nurse, even at the "pro" level, any player at his "Decent" level is a bane to most survivors. There's a reason he's one of the top 3 at the highest level SBMM killers, so IF you are playing competitively, go for Blight, If casual, go for Oni, and if trying the middle ground for the sake of tempting either casual or pro, go for Hag. Either way, you will have to adapt your playstyles for the killer you choose, based upon their powers, which is the defining difference between picking killers over survivors in general.

Overall, no matter what you pick, make sure it's right for you. If you want to be competitive: Blight! If semi-competitive: Hag! if Middle ground/decent: Oni.

Obviously you can play any of them however you want, but when it comes to their high SBMM viability, this is just how it is: Blight>Hag>Oni. If you don't really give a damn about how sweaty your games get or how often you win, then go with whoever fits that mold. If you're competitive by nature though... then by all means, pick the killer based off of their mechanics, through their power/ability, that they bring to the game... and never pick them simply based upon the perks they offer.

• BirdSpirit
    BirdSpirit Member Posts: 186

Hag. She's not meant to be a chaser but more of a prediction killer. Start with your web in the middle and gravitate towards gens closer together. Once you pull one survivor into your web they will all come and get stuck. She's very powerful for shutting down loops and making saves very risky.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003

Blight

Main reason = Based on Mr Hyde

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

If you have time to learn Blight then do it. If not go with Oni

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,266

Strongest killer out of those 3 ..most likely blight. Funniest to play too. Hag has some really good perks though like ruin.

Oni is fun to play too and can 1 shot but its like hillbilly, so if you are into janky movement while using the power pick him.

• mad_hatter
    mad_hatter Member Posts: 121

I love Hag. I've been trying out different add ons with her recently.

Waterlogged Shoe stops you from teleworking, but also makes you move faster. Combine that with Grandma's Heart, you can have almost no TR during chases, and have no TR when a trap is tripped. Makes her an M1 killer, but a very effective one in my opinion. Rusty Shackles is always fun to play with too.

Don't forget, all her perks are hexes. You can potentially get no value from them, when survivors will cleanse or bless them. Of course, you can also trap them, so that helps.

Oni is another favourite of mine, although I haven't played him as much... He is, however, the only killer I have adept on (not that I've actually tried for any - this one just seemd to happen by accident)!

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Blight is definitely a best killer at farming BP.