The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A New Build To Annoy Killers

So, I need a new build away from my usual in order to spice up gameplay for me a bit, and I came to a realisation: My preferred playstyle as a survivor is to ANNOY THE KILLER to no end, by doing stuff like unhooking when they just walked away from the hook (about the distance that Devour Hope would activate, or rather, when the TR is gone), or tapping that generator you just kicked and disappearing.

Now here's the challenging part. I need perks to facilitate this and annoy the living hell out of killers without using Decisive Strike, Unbreakable or Borrowed Time. Bonus points if you can find a way for Self-Care to be used, as I do like to heal up where possible, I don't have Inner Strength as a teachable and don't like it anyway.

I'm thinking of having Breakout and Saboteur in there, but not sure what else.

Comments

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

Dance with me, Lithe, Quick and Quiet, Fixated. Confuses the hell out of killers.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
  • PigMainClaudette

I already have a Blendette build of Spine Chill, Sprint Burst, Self-Care and Bond. The difference is that I actually do stuff!

Swap Fixated for Self-Care and that's my Kate build. Works less often than you think, but really fun when it does.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Quickly unhooking someone to annoy the Killer to no end!

Wooow calm down, that is soooo annoying and toxic!

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

Dance With Me & Lithe is the most underrated combo in the game but I wouldn't say it's annoying for Killers.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Pebble is also nice when you can get it to work haha.

Though i'm also thinking of an annoying build for my doctor, Surveillance, hex lullaby, dying light and Pop, with both calm addons. Should be interesting haha.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

You could always become the killer with object pebble bond and left behind or sole survivor and sandbag and pebble your team

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

Maybe not annoying, but I always have a good chuckle when they patrol the area wondering where the hell I went.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited August 2020

Uh, maybe don't? This sounds like you're going to piss off your teammates more than the killer. You're basically sandbagging everyone by proxy.

But if you're really commited to it, MoM, Breakout, Botany, Self Care, Sabo toolbox. Or MoM, Breakout, Sabotage, Bond, super medkit.

Edit: Plus a swamp offering if you want to commit a war crime

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Best survivor build of 2020 we are gonna make dead by daylight great again with this one simple build 👌

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
  • xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I might come up with something else when i am at home (got a list with ~100 builds of any kind) but for now i have this for you

Cant really think of a more annoying survivor then that.

• JustZed32
    JustZed32 Member Posts: 213

Ok, lets be honest. Object of obsession fx the mind out of ecery piece of killers' brain, dumbtech em with lithe, we'll make it bcs its op(situational), and, of course, spine chill🤡.

Also its fun to loop with spine chill, resilience, lithe and, as bonus, hope or selfheal.

Dont forget to include claudette cuz stealth in the middle of nowhere

I've ran a nice build - "haha heal go brrr": selfheal, botany knowledge, we'll make it and plunders but thats optional. Thats my word.

• JustZed32

Also to be like, toxic-toxic, use quick and quiet + to save ur toxic ass use head on :D

• JustZed32

Ok, my last word - deliverance, spine chill, resilience and selfheal

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275

Wiggle out build. Flip flop, tenacity, boil over and unbreakable.

• PigMainClaudette

Imagine getting your statement wrong while also making it unrelated to my actual post. Door's that way. Bye.

• PigMainClaudette

It's all about timing. In their face is obnoxious, much later is expected. *Just* out of TR is annoying.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Head on, unbreakable, DS, and Inner Strength is pretty annoying to go against

• PigMainClaudette

Yeah, but I'm trying to avoid DD and UB.

That's why I was thinking Sprint Burst, Breakout, Sabo and Self-Care. Annoying as all hell and doesn't require the perks that other killers complain endlessly about.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Well in that case I would run resilience over self-care and mettle of man over spring burst because the extra boost it give to sabo can save you and the protection hits you're taking will make mettle of man useful

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

If you're very good at hiding/blending then object of obsession with stealth perks is extremely irritating.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,740

@DudeDelicious @PigMainClaudette you're both forgetting bond.

For maximum effectiveness you can always red herring a gen a teammate who's very good at looping is on, making the killer check there see the mate who you know is there from bond and be forced into a long as loop.

Also bond + pebble is beautiful.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327

When I want to sweat I use ds, unbreakable, borrowed, dead hard.

great for getting unhooks in the killers face

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    edited August 2020

So you complain about killer perks etc when your goal is to annoy them? Seems right.

But when we are at it. Red hering, iron will quick n quit and dance with me mabye i dunno

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

For gen taping and disappearing Urban Evasion works very well, I use it a lot.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I think you annoy killers enough by complaining about killer perks and then ignoring their answers. And you dont even need perks for that. Good job.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Saboteur- so you can either drop the hooks they want to go to OR you can simply keep making "explosions" happen and keep the killer guessing what hooks have/have not been broken.

Head on - Because dropping a hooks often gets the killer to come find you and most times you will find a locker nearby. Many killers still do not expect head on and will get hit by it the first time. After that you can keep hiding in "high traffic" locker spots to allows keep the killer paranoid as to when you shall hop out of one!

Lithe/Dance with me - Since you can get those crazy chase escapes that infuriate a killer who now wants nothing more than to see you dead for your prior shenanigans.

While Self-care is great I'd personally just bring a med-kit faster and you often can find another easy enough in a chest.

I'm sure there are others, but these do wonders on low/mid tier players since they are most likely to fall for them. Just make sure to be polite after the match since having fun and being toxic seem to have a very thin line in DBD ^.^

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Depends on the map i guess, i have a lot of indoor map offerings lol. Especially Mary's letters.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

It doesn't work all the time, but I've had games where I've wiggled free like 7 or 8 times. Classic.

My toxic build is to run p3 Claudette with iron will, calm spirit, pebble, and red herring. Just creep around, touch gens, and move around the map. Use a key to get out at the very end. Toxic to survivors as well tho. I used to use this with old swf group. So it was kind od whoever got found last would get out.

Also we did not do this all the time, maybe 5 games total.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Sole survivor, since it's uncounterable. Old deja vu, since it only showed you the gens at the start of the game for 10 seconds. Old dark sense, since it is just a god tier. Slippery meat, because slippery meat. Most OP, uncounterable, annoying crutch build.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275
  • Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

All I can think about that really truly annoys me which isnt just "playing the game". Is when survivors use DS/BT(or styptic)/Unbreakable to stop me downing someone else. Bodyblock me if you must, but dont run at me with BT on to stop me from downing someone else, or "force" me to grab you while DS is up. Or you know, use DS + Unbreakable. Thats really it. But I would say thats on the devs to stop that from going on. Up to them to make their perks harder to abuse.

• zyrems
    zyrems Member Posts: 24

Best build for annoying is OoO/Open Handed / Kindred / Bond. Now this only works in a swf when all 4 people are running it. Trust me the killer will probably dc

• PigMainClaudette

I play BOTH sides, and my issues are indeed lately with the community and how they can justify anything.

And it's like I said in my original statement. I just naturally be painful. I find that people in this game HATE stealth, and I've always preferred to work in the backgrounds and do things a little more subtly.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

I dont have anything against stealth player, i also play only stealthy.

But the thing is, you complain about things like NOED and other stuff but then you want to intentionally annoy others too. That being said its ok to complain about things and stuff as long as you can give good reasonings etc.

But when we are at it, why should someone justify themselfses for using anything? As long as its in the game its totally fine to use it.

Sure it may be annoying to get moried and to get hit by NOED but its in the game and no one have to justify themself for using it.

Same goes for DS and all these other perks, items and offerings. This war between killers and survivors have to stop.

I also hate that argument ,,every killer who uses a moro is bad" or ,,Everone who uses NOED is bad and relys on it and only get kills due to it" and even ,,Everyone who uses DS is trash and only abuse it"

This things are just not true. Sure some people use it to play like that but thats on them. If they want to do it, fine but then they shouldnt complain about other things.

Not everyone who uses certeins things uses them because they cant win otherwise or ,,dont want to adept" I cant stand this any longer.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

I quite like Spine Chill, Alert, Kindred (and either Urban Evasion / or Self Care)

Slot 1: Alert - You almost always know where the Kkiller is when no Survivor is hooked because of Alert

Slot 2: Kindred - And when a Survivor is hooked you'll almost always know where the Killer is because of Kindred

Slot 3: Spine Chill - Anywhere else in-between you'll know if the Killer is in your vacinity because of Spine Chill

Slot 4: Self Care or Urban Evasion - If you've done your job right you'll never have had to use Self Care so Urban Evasion would have been the better of the two perks to choose for the last slot

I don't see a lot of Survivors using this exact build but a lot of variation on mostly Spine Chill, Self Care and Urban Evasion. The first two (Alert and Kindred) seem to be underrated as I rarely see them used. A great stealth build for any Survivor intent on either altruism or immersion.

• PigMainClaudette

That was also the POINT of my NoED thread. It's to stop spouting the same garbage we always do and that there are players who go against the norm.

THIS is alao an experiment to try and subtly move people away from the DS/UB/BT/DH meta that killers are complaining about. See if the community can bring change themselves without developer intervention.

What I want to do is just get people out of the survivor/killer echo chambers that everyone is slotting into lately. All I desire is change.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited August 2020

probably head on and quick and Quiet is the answer, especially if u do it with a friend on coms is extrmely annoying, but it wont work against a decent killer but still.- then you could bring a toolbox with charges to sabo hooks in front of the killer wich is another extremely annoying thing to go against. and then you have the ultiamte annoying thing, Object Of Obsesion but be carefull with this one, it may turn against you.

• GrumpyKurama
    GrumpyKurama Member Posts: 11

Urban evasion, distortion, pebble, and iron will. Plus swamp offering and a meditation that you'll want to leave somewhere no one else will find it because it's bright red. I'll dress up as dark as I can with feng min and just disappear mid chase lmao 🤣 every time I get found I'm able to lose them very quickly and then I use pebble to throw them off if they get to close to my hiding bush. Lmao 🤣 works wonders I had a rank 1 blight totally confused today.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I've always been fond of using Lithe+Dance With me if I want to go "poof" on somebody.

But, as a Doc main, I laugh in the face of "poof I'm gone" combos. *evil grin*

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Lithe + Shadow step is definitely the superior option these days. You get found, vault a window, and speed off into the boon area never to be seen again.

Then you lose your boon, but they lost the chase entirely.