The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

BM should be bannable

2»

Comments

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

No smart videogame company would ban players for bm. Especially something as silly as a t-bag.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Sure, and then people start reporting because their feelings got hurted by the meany other players. 😥

Insults, threats, and racism? Sure.

But anything else is on you if you THINK the opponent is BMing you. And it's not their fault if you attribute your fee-fees to their actions. Just looks at every survivor screeching how slugging is ALWAYS a BM because it made them feel 'the sads'.

Horribly stupid idea.

• Bubba's addon had nothing to do with blackface. I'm not against that mask being removed, but the (admittedly good) reason it was removed had nothing do with with offensive minstrel show makeup from the early 1900s, and I'm tired of hearing people compare the two; it's ridiculous. Bubba is just an evil character who wears other people's faces, and it would have been racist to not include Black people in that. (And BHVR didn't choose to exclude Black people; they just removed all the masks.)

This might sound strange, but Black people are not a singular entity with one unified opinion on everything. Most were probably not offended by the mask until people started abusing it a certain way.

I also think that it's strange that certain people seem more offended by an imaginary connection to a culturally offensive form of art from more than a hundred years ago than the fact that Bubba is based off of a real serial killer who actually did murder people and wear their skin as a mask. Those masks are a mockery of actual crimes and violent deaths that occurred in the real world. I'm not saying that basing a fictional character off of real-life crime is wrong, it's just... damn. Some people's priorities are awfully strange.

• FriendlyBubba
    FriendlyBubba Member Posts: 229

Grow a spine. Shrug it off like a man.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601

I remember getting this upset over BM when I was in junior high and playing Halo 2/3. Someone teabagging my corpse made me really upset. But then I grew up and I realized that it's just a game and it's childish.

BMing exists and isn't bannable in plenty of games. I can spray someones corpse in Overwatch, I can tip someone when they die to me in Dota 2, I can shoot someones body in CSGO. Growing up is a very simple solution, but the even more simpler one is to try to be a bit more of an adult, that is to say don't BM and be a dick.

• Fuzzels
    Fuzzels Member Posts: 449

Bro, hacking isn't even being banned properly, how can you expect the devs to start banning smaller things like anything you listed?

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Git gud and quit getting triggered over a bunch of pixels on a screen I normally don't come out and be this harsh but people really need to quit acting like this game is real life , nobody held you down and physically tbagged you in real life so quit crying and get over it or don't play the game 5 years in and people still cry about every possible thing FFS just start looking into games that are rated E so you don't get offended anymore

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I find killers shaking their head to be bullying can we have lifetime bans for that too?

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,057
    edited February 2022

Banning for BM itself is too far. Way too harsh for a comparatively minor offense, not to mention there's usually room for misinterpretation when it comes to in-game actions. I know I've accidentally tbagged people as the Pig because I forgot which button placed a trap and which one crouched - and I've tbagged in front of a killer running back to a hook because I was trying to thank my teammate for a heal. But on a related vein, I'd be down for escalating warnings and eventual banning for a long history of clearly defined trolling and griefing - like, if a player has a history of doing 30-minute games where they won't let the other players die/get hooks, they won't end the game until they get bored, and they act like a dick the whole time, that kind of thing should eventually lead to the banhammer. Of course, 'clearly defined' is the hard part when trolling is so subjective (and DBD's bonkers report system and lack of match replays doesn't help either.) Some people would consider going against a sabo squad to be trolling while others would say that's normal gameplay, some only consider anything trolling when survivors aren't doing gens/killers aren't getting kills, some people think stuff like Basement Bubba or afk NOED/BW Wraith/Nurse is trolling while others think it's an objective strategy for kills. And so on. It's very difficult to come up with a definition that people would agree upon and I'm not expecting it to ever happen.

Chat bans for excessive low level BM should definitely be a thing, though. If all you do is insult people, the game should eventually mute you.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

It is kind of virtual BM. Like captive monkeys, slinging their feces at each other.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

You can't make BM bannable, because everything in existence can be misconstrued as a microaggression, which can be called BM.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

The problem with this is not that they're doing these actions, it's your mindset in how you handle them.

Regarding T-Bagging - survivors have no means of communicating effectively. I've seen the repeated tapping of the crouch key be used for not just BM, but as a "Thank you" as well. Never assume a T-Bag means anything other than somebody is trying to unstick the crouch button is how I deal with it. I also take a page out of Samninations book and just call it "Butt dancing". When you stop calling it T-Bagging and start mentally referring it to butt-dancing: it suddenly loses a lot of it's edge.

Notification spamming is annoying, but it's nothing more than a way to try and get your attention. I look at it as a way to know where the survivor is. If I'm engaged in a chase at the time, I chuckle to myself and mutter "thanks for letting me know you're being useless to your team". If it's the EGC and they're near the gates - I just assume they want to gloat and let the timer run down.

Striking survivors on the hook is again giving away information that survivors fail to do anything about. Instead of thinking "what a piece of trash", your mindset should be "Thanks for announcing to everybody your camping, now everybody else should grow a brain and do gens".

Getting slugged? Yah that sucks, I won't deny it. But it's only 4 minutes. You can get a lot done in 4 minutes that doesn't involve staring at the screen. It's 4 minutes of your night, nothing more. That's not even 1/12th of an hour of game time you have to deal with it. Put yourself in that mindset, keep your perspective - and it won't seem so bad.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

not to mention DBD taunting is pretty tame in-game compared to endgame chat.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

My response after reading the title

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    edited February 2022

I HATE ZOOMERS I HATE ZOOMERS I HATE ZOOMERS I HATE ZOOMERS

Take me back to TF2 where you get rewards for taunting a dominated player

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Why are you trying to kill my internet persona? Without beating people on hook at 5 gens, I am nothing!

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 266

i dont think it should be bannable because the game is made like this and its some moves thats still remaining fun (we all know that fun is gone, lets go tryhard) , if youve been hurted by that its because you take the game too seriously and you should take , at least a good break.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I don't wanna get banned for accidentally T-bagging :c

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501

Well well well, I’m just and only agree with the sound spam of the flashlight, maybe add an cool down of this sound, my ears could be broken.

But for the rest ( like tbag at the gate ) Stop complain please

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

Being a child who can't adequately react on a person repeatedly crouching should never give you an ability to ban for another person.

Slugging is a tactic, no matter how boring it can be - as long as there are tools for countering it, it should never ever be bannable.

Hitting hooked survivor is a waste of time, so if killer does that they are dumb, and if everyone is killed - let them have it, if they are so happy, must be that it's not often that get four kills.

As for sound spamming (repeated vaulting, flashlight clicking) it's literally meant to get killer's attention for either saving teammate or getting chase points - how in the world is that a BM? If there's no good reason for it, you can't do anything about it, the game is over already, and you just dislike the sound - just take off your headphones, get some tea, and wait until match ends, no big deal whatsoever.

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239

If you get getting triggered by t-bagging in a video game, you need to mature a little. It's not a big deal.

Same goes with striking a survivor on the hook.

The locker spam is pretty obnoxious, but the survivor is doing nothing - this works in your favorite.

Slugging someone and letting them bleed out is something I think does need to be address. Especially when it's one survivor left and the killer lets them bleed out this way. But, I don't know of any way to fix it. Just alt-tab out.