Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Who Is Your Top Wanted Licensed Movie Chapter?

D34D_B34TB0X
D34D_B34TB0X Member Posts: 408

These are some of the top wanted movie licenses for Dead By Daylight.

Who Is Your Top Wanted Licensed Movie Chapter? 22 votes

The Alien / Ellen Ripley
22%
Cornpopers_EvanMooksArchAbhorjesterkindkombativo 5 votes
The Predator / Major Dutch (If possible...)
13%
Warcrafter4FobboAurelle 3 votes
The Candyman / Helen Lyle
9%
[Deleted User]Smoe 2 votes
Pennywise (The Deadlights) / Bill Denbrough (With some of the Losers Club as Legendaries. Maybe Beverley and Richie.)
13%
hilapastaQwQwSideLandred 3 votes
Jason Voorhees (The Slasher) / Tommy Jarvis
27%
JFFlandromatTricksters_WifeBothSidesEnjoyerHarryyyySpiderMan 6 votes
Chucky (The Doll) / Andy Barclay (From the later movies, reboot not included.)
9%
bm33Maperson 2 votes
The Thing / R.J. MacReady
4%
dugman 1 vote

Comments

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Pennywise (The Deadlights) / Bill Denbrough (With some of the Losers Club as Legendaries. Maybe Beverley and Richie.)

I'd say it's a tie between Pennywise and Jack Torrance.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    The Thing / R.J. MacReady

This was a tough one, I'd be happy seeing any of these! 🙂

• I went with The Thing mainly because I think a killer that mimics survivors would be the most unique mechanically out of all of them, plus it's just a fantastic movie. Also the Artic base map could be a nice replacement for the now defunct Hawkins.
    • Second place is probably Pennywise and It. They could do some cool stuff potentially with him, he has a fun theme and look, and they could either do the Sewers as a map or the town of Derry, or both!
    • Alien might be third place. With Demogorgon gone from the store it would be nice to have a bestial killer for sale again. I'm also partial to stealth killers and melee killers, both of which the Alien has in spades.
    • Finally Chucky could be a fun time. I think my main concern would be how they'd get him to do hooks and such without looking goofy, but I'm sure they could come up with something cool if they got the license. They'd also need to make sure he played differently from Victor since I could see the two of them having too much overlap if they aren't careful.

I'm not as excited about Candyman, Jason or Predator.

• Jason is basically Trapper in terms of look and feel. I'm sure they'd make him play differently somehow, but really Trapper kind of scratches the same itch as Jason. Plus I never thought the Friday the 13th movies were all that great.
    • Candyman might be an ok killer but I never liked the movies, they're kind of terrible. I'm pretty ambivalent on this one.
    • And Predator is an awesome movie but WAAAAY too overpowered for this game! If they did Predator they'd have to artificially seriously limit his weaponry and strength. I guess hypothetically you could have a Predator who essentially handicaps themselves to make the hunt more challenging, but I'm kind of hesitant to get excited over this one.

By the way, on top of the ones on this list, others I'd love to see:

• The Tall Man from Phantasm
    • The Shining if only for the maps

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    The Predator / Major Dutch (If possible...)

I think Predator would be cool.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,845
    The Candyman / Helen Lyle

While I did pick candyman, i would much rather see more movie licenses from outside the US.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

So many of these beloved titles have great potential for fun killer powers design. But I think that actual implementation will be underwhelming (look at Cenobite) and I don't want a Xenomorph that doesn't feel scary like in Alien: Isolation.

So I'd go with franchises I don't mind seeing a weak version of: Chucky, Predator. Could we get Tim Curry for Pennywise?

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847
    The Alien / Ellen Ripley

Alien 100%, imagine a space/spaceship map. All the others are welcome too. The more the merrier imo

• Kittentheboss
    Kittentheboss Member Posts: 14

I picked alien because the possibilities would be endless. Much like aliens have nests, why not give alien the ability to make "hooks" on flat walls. This would introduce a unique killer that sets "hooks" instead of traps. These "hooks" are actually egg nests that have the alien's bebes. Addon's could also affect what happens after you are freed from these nests. Just a thought.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

• kombativo
    kombativo Member Posts: 183
    The Alien / Ellen Ripley

alien cause I liked almost all of the movies of alien plus played alien isolation if it was in dbd would be fun to play.