Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I'm tired of body blocking squads

Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

It seems like all I get right now are just sabotaging body blocking squads and it's getting very annoying. Like, just let me get my hooks please.

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

if anything I NEED more body blockers because I want to take agitation/mad grit.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,752

Agitation

Iron Grasp

Starstruck

Mad Grit

Dropping the survivor

Slugging

Hangman's Trick (if you hate yourself)

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,706

I've been running PR/agitation/starstruck on Artist.

Funny how quickly they stopped bodyblocking.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

Mad Grit is your best friend. There's no way for survivors to know you have it beforehand, and you can usually get a bunch of free hits before they figure it out. I played a match last night as legion where I downed 2 other people while carrying someone to the hook because their teammates were dead set on bodyblocking me. One of the benefits of mad grit is it can actually get you extra distance if you hit somebody.

Starstruck is nice, but survivors know you have it as soon as they enter your terror radius and then they just run away, so you usually won't get any hits and even if you do, you don't get that guaranteed hook like with mad grit.

Agitation/Iron Grasp are both nice for extra hooking distance.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

People already mentioned the perks. I'd also throw in slug em.

If you've got a sabo squad, they are likely to play overly altruistic as well, so you can get a lot of value over just letting someone crawl and smacking people who try to pick them up. How much value obviously depends on a lot of factors, but I think it's worth trying.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    edited February 2022

I have a few solutions for ya:

1. Mad Grit
    2. Starstruck + Agitation
    3. Infinite Tier 3 Myers
    4. Slugg them all to death with Sloppy, Knockout, Coulrophobia, Infectious :)
  • dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited February 2022

In addition to the other suggestions, don’t forget Forced Penance which puts survivors who take a Protection hits be Broken for 60 seconds. It’s handy if you find yourself up against a lot of body blockers and hook traders.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

starstruck is the best way to go, I love punishing greedy survivors with it.

• KrampusJumpscare
    KrampusJumpscare Member Posts: 71

play booba

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Imagine having to equip 4 perks, just to hook someone.

• c0gnu5
    c0gnu5 Member Posts: 70

Starstruck, Save the best for last, Agitation, Mad grit - either for pausing wiggle meter or for spamming m1 to assert dominance

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Just sacrifice gen defence for the ability to hook the 2 survivors you manage to catch by the time the gens are done... because you took off gen defence to take agi and star struck....

The killer only has 4 perk slots people! Not 16 like survivors.

• GoodBoyKaru

Imagine thinking you have to equip all 4 perks when you can literally just slug the survivor.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

If survivors deny you a hook, deny them being hooked.

• Tsulan

Sure, sure. You don´t have to equip all 4 (or 5) of them. But a combination of 2 is recommended against certain SWF teams.

You see, the issue against decent SWF is, that you won´t be able to slug survivors effectivly and even worse, you won´t know that they will move coordinated before the match starts. Equipping those perks takes away precious perk slots which would be best used for gen slowdown right now. So the killer will be able to hook survivors, but might lose gens faster, due to this.

One of the biggest issues i see with DbD is, that whenever a problem arrises, we just get a bandaid in form of a perk. Which doesn´t really solve the core issue.

• GoodBoyKaru

Unfortunately that issue seems to persist on both sides and it makes balancing the game a pain in the ass. I'd love for certain perks to be made basekit, or alternatively you can see the perk loadout of everyone else in the match so you can adjust yours accordingly (ie. you see a Ruin + NOED and you're solo, so you put on Small Game, while you're a killer and you see Breakout + Boil Over so you can put on Mad Grit and Agitation). I'm not sure on the exact logistics of it + how to prevent last second switching but it would just... feel nice to be able to implement something along those lines.

Also choice restriction but that's a topic for another day.

• Tsulan

Some things should be basekit. Others shouldn´t.

The last second switch problem could be solved by survivors having to lock in their loadout before they click on search match. Just like killers can´t switch between different killers, survivors shouldn´t change their loadout.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Scourge hooks are even more risky to get to but I just take free hits and yolo it.