Can Huntress/Trickster/Deathslinger be 4.6 m/s?

The difference between 4.4 and 4.6 m/s killers is incredibly noticeable especially on certain loops where it takes longer for you to force the pallet drop. Balance-wise I think Huntress would become SS tier on par with Nurse, while Trickster and Deathslinger would be go up a few tiers but nothing oppressive. I'd love to see them up their speed on a PTB just to feel the difference.

Speaking of ranged killers, I've always wondered why Plague is a 4.6 m/s killer despite having a decent range kit. Do you think putting her in the 4.4 m/s roster would make her considerably worse or would it only be a slight nerf?

For reference, I play a lot of killer and own Deathslinger, Trickster, Huntress, but don't have Plague yet.

Comments

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Huntress and Trickster should stay at 4.4m/s (even tho I would love Huntress to be 4.6m/s). And even tho its painful for me to say, Deathslinger should be 4.6m/s because of his nerf.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

The plague doesn't need a nerf. Also you can have a ultra rare add-on for Huntress if you run outta hatchets and she goes at normal speed. I would love to see Trickster and Deathslinger with a normal speed but if Huntress has the normal speed then that will just leave her ultra rare add-on as trash that have been discarded for now.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

I guess your right but what about Huntress's ultra rare add-on?

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Her ultra rare addon only works when she has no guns.

• Kira4Evr

Honestly, I've always thought Soldier's Puttee should have been basekit. Because whenever Huntress doesn't have hatchets, she's pretty much forced to drop chase to reload because she's a 4.4m/s killer. And making her 4.6m/s without hatchets would give her the opportunity to choose if she wants to keep on chasing as a normal M1 killer or reload.

And honestly, I could say the same for Trickster. With no knives, he should be moving at 4.6m/s.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    edited February 2022

Deathslinger should be 4.6 imho. The idea behind a slower move-speed is to balance particularly strong powers, yet post nerf, Slinger’s power is not strong enough to warrant such a hindrance

For comparison:

(TTK = time to kill)

Huntress is a 4.4 killer with a 32m warning and map wide range who can down two healthy survivors and injure a third, or down 4 injured survivors (all in quick succession) before needing to reload, and who can get downs at every pallet and window. She reloads at lockers. Her shots can be juked or body blocked once per shot. She has one of the fastest TTK in the game.

Deathslinger is a 4.4 killer with a 32m warning and an 18m (I think?) range who can injure one healthy survivor, OR down one injured survivor before needing to reload, and who can get downs at some windows and pallets. He can reload where he is standing, but must do so after every shot. His shots can be juked or body blocked twice per shot, and can be body blocked by the environment. He has an average TTK.

I see no rational reason for the 4.4 speed on Deathslinger.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,722

Tbh I’d kinda like to experiment with slinger moving at 4.5. I’m not entirely sold on making him 4.6, but he needs something.

Huntress and trickster need to be 4.4, their powers would be too strong if they were 4.6 (especially huntress). I do think trickster needs some help, but increasing his base movement speed isn’t the way to do it.

Plague being 4.6 is fine as is. She’s actually in a pretty good spot right now.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

But Slingers range is only about 18m......his TR is what 32 or so.......how does that make playing him fair when any competent survivor will run away before he can get a shot in. Either give him a speed boost or return his TR to it's pre Nerf state.

You can't increase his range without making his chains more durable....that would make it impossible for survivors to break at close range.

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

The reason why plague is 4.6 is because she is an M1 killer 75% or 80% of the match even if she can get instadowns. You can't compare her to Huntress or Trickster who can always damage you with their powers. Idk about deathslinger, i like him being useless and underpowered because thats where bad core design leads to

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

DS could be 4.6 now after his nerf but plague should not be 4.4 since it's the survivors that give plague her power. Even less people would cleanse against her making her a 4.4 m1 killer

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Devs should make Slinger at least 4.5m/s.

After his last nerf and the stupid 32m radius he feels too sluggish and disgusting to play.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

You want ranged killers to be the same speed as m1 killers, thereby making them impossible to get away from.

Yeah, no

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

No.

NO ABSOLUTELY NOT.

maybe.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,770

Slinger I can get behind, though I'd prefer they continue to work on his kit to make using it as fun for both sides as is posisble, rather than currently which is still unfun to deal with, but also now unfun to play as. Just a bad experience overall.

Huntress should remain at 110 because of her ability to snipe cross-map and effectively counter any loop the second the survivor actually drops the pallet (which they're forced to do lest you just bloodlust).

Trickster should remain 110 because his power is literally spam knives and win; his counter is to run him around a high-wall loop so to make him 115 basically takes away this counterplay and turns him into pre-nerf Slinger of "If you're found you're dead have fun besties xo"

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,815

If she runs out of hatchets during a chase and she's not just getting greedy and limiting reloads, she's probably either snowballing like crazy or missing hatches like crazy. In both cases, I think it's fine for her to have to go to a locker or risk being toothless in the chase. Plus, you don't even need to drop chase to reload a lot of the time, like if you're on a tile on the edge of the map.

• Kasamsky
    Kasamsky Member Posts: 264

Huntress on 4.6 m/s would be absolutely broken and she is in a perfect spot right bow balance wise. She struggles some times at high structures but thats more of a map design issue. Same goes for Trickster.

Deathslinger on the other hand.. I don't know.. i do agree he needs something in compensation but again i think 4.6 m/s would be overkill even in his current state. We need something else to make him a more attractive choice.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

DS needs some love but 115% would be too much Oo

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903
    edited February 2022

Glad to see so much people saying that Deathslinger should be 115% in his current state. Cause when i made a thread about it, i didn't see that much people agreeing to it.

About Trickster and Huntress, as many other already said, they are fine as 110%... they already have lethality (Huntress i'm 100% sure since i do play her... but i don't have Trickster, so i'm not as sure about him).

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

I cant believe slinger is in such a state were contemplating giving him more ms. I agree wiht not giving ranged killer ms bar the straight up bad ones because tbh slinger needs a more complex changes that behaviour clearly cant pull of. So the ms increase might be the simplest short term solution.

That being said map designers need to start splitting there maps into multiple realms for example ormound,rpd etc should have two variations. The decreased movement speed is seriously hampering map traversal on maps that are already to large for normal speed killers. Encouraging "sigh" camping.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

I don't really think buffing his speed is the way to go. His main issue is the lack of map control and the whole debacle of 110/115 was very well put by Scott Jund in this video:

IMO, he is a balance nightmare. You can't just buff his numbers without making him unfun to go against or even oppressive in 1v1 while still lacking map presence. What he needs is a rework to add some long-range functionality to his kit so he can apply better pressure on the map and those need some more extensive rework akin to the Clown to add something to his base kit and allow him to zone people far away in a similar way to Huntress.

• The_Cleanse
    The_Cleanse Member Posts: 4

I must've missed your post my bad, I think adjusting m/s on some killers would be fun even at the risk of the game balance being off. But sometimes an unbalanced game can be more fun, which can be more important than a balanced game if that makes sense.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903
    edited February 2022

Don't worry about it, it was a while ago. And yeah, i can understand that making a game too balanced might make it too bland in the end.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Plague is fine. I would be down for 115% Deathslinger I guess. They could at least test it in a PTB.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

As someone who plays a lot of these three killers, the only one I can agree with is Trickster.

Huntress is fine as is, she doesn't really need buffs. What she needs is less huge indoor maps like RPD.

Deathslinger needs some love, but imo that's not it. Instead they should consider reducing his TR to 28m and reworking his addons.

Trickster on the other hand should be 115%. He effectively has the same range of Plague and Pyramid Head, as you won't really be downing people from 10+ meters away with his power.

• Kira4Evr

Maybe. I just thought making him 4.6m/s would give him a bit better map control

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Plague is fine as a 4.6 killer.

Huntress's speed is fine. Deathslinger and Trickster needs their speeds increased, though.

• ButterFlee13
    ButterFlee13 Member Posts: 270

For Deathslinger, maybe not speed increase his movement speed since he is a range killer. But, I would be down for the "Harpoon Launch" speed increase from 40m/s to maybe 45m/s or so which will compensate for his slow aim nerf before.

Reference for his harpoon launch speed.

https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Caleb_Quinn

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Plague doesn't need to be a 4.4 - vile purge does nothing to help down survivors, only injure them, and while her corrupt purge is extremely strong it has way more conditions and drawbacks than the more traditional ranged killers, you have to go out of your way to get it, survivors generally need to give it in the first place, it only lasts for a short period, it notifies every survivor when it activates, it restricts her ability to hear survivors, and it makes her even easier to see coming.

If she or a killer like oni just had constant access to the strongest aspect of their power with no downsides then they'd need to be 4.4 and would probably still be too much. But they don't.

Huntress at 115 would be kinda horrible, she's already a pretty strong and popular killer already.

Slinger...idk. I'd prefer they make his addons more interesting over anything else.

Trickster would be probably be more fun to play and less to play against. Ideally they'd make him more of both although idk how they'd go about that.