Its crazy how much this game has evolved in under 2 years

Options
Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
edited February 2022 in General Discussions

I remember picking this game up in early 2020 and it looks nothing like it did back then in a good way.

Looking back at it,I much preffer the game in the current state than it was back then.

Since then we got:

Map reworks

Boon totems

Scourge Hooks

Zombies

New settings

New tutorial

New survivor animations

MMR

Here's for more to come,I feel like slowly but surely the game gets more balanced and moving in the right direction.

Comments

• Adaez
    edited February 2022
    Options

The only thing I really dont like are boon totems since it conficlts too much with dull totems.

• FlameLickVA
    FlameLickVA Member Posts: 158
    Options

It's also not surprising how the game's community has devolved into a toxic majority, sadly.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,662
    Options

I dislike the following:

Map Reworks

Boon Totems

Survivor Animations

MMR

• Adaez
    Options

Yeah game got more popular and also more toxic,I wonder if there will come a day when BHVR will take toxicity more seriously.

I see even streamers that are so toxic and you know when people dont shy away from being toxic even when they're streaming,its a problem.

• Adaez
    Options

I like the ideea of MMR,but not the current MMR system we have,which doesn't work well at all.

As map reworks,some I like more and some less.

What I really dislike is how maps dont have that dark ambience anymore since they are bright,but since most people just turn their brightness settings to max anyway I dont think there's something you can do about that.

The survivor animations dont bother me much even tho they used to look more funny in the past.

And boon totems yeah,its an addition that conflicts too much with others.

• FlameLickVA
    FlameLickVA Member Posts: 158
    Options

The simple solution is to, you know

Actually, ban players instead of making it a chore to properly report players with the customer support tickets.

Cause saying ######### like this should result in an automatic perma ban

(censored, as I sent a report in already)

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,227
    Options

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but out of everything you mentioned I believe only Zombies are positive.

• Adaez
    Options

I agree,players should get a warning when they say something bad in the chat,and at 3 warning for example,they will get a short ban from matchmaking.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,294
    Options

I have to agree. Even in cases were the implementation was flawed, like boons and MMR, the overall ideas were good and the state of the game has unambiguously improved a lot.

It's nice to acknowledge the progress sometimes!

• GreaseFace
    GreaseFace Member Posts: 39
    Options

As someone who picked the game up during the Silent Hill chapter I have to agree that there’s been a lot of good change since then. Flash bang and boon totems really renewed my interest in the game and the fact that they’re updating useless perks has just made it better. I’m happily anticipating the haddonfield rework and i look forward to more perks getting buffed in the future.

Would really like to see killers getting more dynamic options too (falling attack, locker interactions, etc). Currently it feels like killer gets pushed around too much. A good example would be how noed is canceled out by boon totems. The survivors already know where the totem is and it would just take a minute for them to cleanse it again so why give survivors the advantage in that scenario? The killer already went easy on them by sacrificing synergy for a more climactic endgame.

(in b4 us vs them mentality)

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Lmao my thoughts exactly.

Most of the things on the list are a very mixed bag of visual updates that amount to window dressing over the unbalanced mess that is the core game. Then throw in some more unbalanced perks and a matchmaking system that doesn't work. No wonder I was thinking how much better the game was a couple years ago.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,662
    Options

Disagree.

A Killer side objective was not what people had been asking for nor does it make sense in the current state of the game.

Likewise, MMR will never work correctly in it's current form. If you want perfectly balanced matches, you'd wait in outrageous queues as Survivor. If you want bad matches (current system), you can wait in 10 minute queues for Survivor and instant queues for Killer.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

It has changed definitely. But for every step forward they seem to also take steps back and repeat mistakes.

Map reworks: fixed some loops, then turned around and made breakable walls to make them worse again. Some reworks were alright like Ormond. But most of them just broke maps that weren't broken previously. Like springwood and the game. Then they added maps that had the same issues as many other maps previously.

Boons: Was in response to people asking for more to do instead of just gen, healing, and cleansing totems. Their response was to make boons, which just incentivized doing totems even more, it's not really any new gameplay or game slowdown. It was a completely lazy design. What's worse is two of them aren't worth using, and the one that is, is because it's so strong and destroys certain killers and certain styles of gameplay so much, that it's used in almost every group of survivors you see at least once. And although I do like the idea of shaking up the meta, creating or updating perks to be just as broken, instead of bringing the overpowered perks down to where other perks are, is not the way to go.

Scourge hooks: Are a nice change, but can also be a detriment just due to how bad hook spawns are. It's just another level of RNG to a game that's already flooded with it. You can either have good spawns, or bad spawns that make it bad to even run the perks.

Zombies: Cool concept, but behavior is shite with AI. The amount of times I've seen a zombie spawn in a corner of the map and get stuck on a wall is wayyyyy too many. Which forces you to waste time going all the way across maps just to punch them.

New settings: Are decent. I use them. But they have some weird interactions with killers like pinhead and the artist.

Tutorial: Is alright, but only being able to use a single killer to try out their power is just dumb. Especially when it's the most basic killer in the game. Not really new player friendly.

Animations: meh. Could've been done better. A lot of time and resources used for such small changes.

MMR: Doesn't even work. So? Not really different, and pretty much more random than the previous system.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,294
    Options

If you define boon totems in concept as being a killer side objective, sure. That isn't really what they're supposed to be, though- and see again, the implementation is flawed but the idea is sound.

As for MMR, hard to tell. If they can't fix the current issues with queue times, sure, they'll have to figure something else out, but once again: flawed implementation, solid idea. People wanted a better matchmaking system for ages and this is what that should be if they can iron out the current issues. Absolutely no reason to assume it "will never work", either way.

• Moplington
    Moplington Applicant Posts: 30
    Options

I dislike everything besides the settings :D